What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Create more gang vs gang conflict. Some suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harald Jordfreser

So i've recently "moved to the city" and here are some personal observations i've made.
This is extremely meta, so please edit some of the words in my post if you see fit.
  - On more than 70% of my Fueltruck runs i've made ~20.000£.
  - Out of the drugs i've so far been able to "create", Crack cocain has been the far most profitable. But it is stil just a meager ~127£ per bag
             -127£ per bag, as compared to LSD (Wich you need to rob a pharmacy for) is only ~110£ per slip.
  - Mining as a civilian is a waste of time, as the net profit from raw ore cant even begin to compare with the profit from Fueltruck runs.

The vast majority of people in the Delivery Hub just rent a truck, get a tanker - and get going without talking to anyone. This is obviously detrimental to a RP server. (Thank god Chucky is around to actually give that place some character).

Whenever i go to the mine, i always get to know people. People are concentrated for prolonged periods of time, just chatting shit and having some fun while mining. There is the odd fellow there that turns his ears off, but it is rare.
The reason mining ore is a waste of time: The gunmakers can mine them themselfs, so why branch out, when you can keep buisness in-house and save money aswell.

Drug sales are just about as boring as Truckdriving. You just run around the block on your bike, dont talk to anyone, and make less money per hour than the truck runs. Ofcourse you have to buy drugs and that, but that is just become such a standard thing for the gangs it feels like the RP has boiled down to "3k per 100, take it or leave it." You buy it and thats the end of the scenario.

I will stop there, as i'm trying not to create a wall of words.

Suggestions:

Make "established" gangs unable to gather from the mine/Sell drugs on the street:
  PROS: - Gangs will have to "fight" over who gets a hold of materials, I can only see this as the price of ore/guns rising. Leading to more conflict between criminal factions.
              - The more gangs fight inbetween eachother, the more stress would be taken off the police - leading to the police being able to interact with "normal" people more (Traffic stops                        etc..)
              - There will be more vocal interaction between gangs and civilians, as everyone will obviously try find the best deal in town.
                    - This could lead to people developing relations and some sort of trust between civs and certain gangs. And more of a slow-burn kind of roleplay.
              - There would be an actual reason to rob people running drugs/ mining materials, as the ones you are robbing wouldn't be surrounded by 5 other of his goons.

CONS: - People would be dissatisfied with "loosing" their mining level.
             - Gangmembers will complain about making money being harder.
             - Conflict RP, some times lead to reports and OOC mess.

Make selling drugs/guns on twitter a server rulebreak. (No-one would do this anyways IRL as they would just be caught by cops immediately)
If the above suggestion is followed, i would see no need to actually do this - as the police with their free time would be able to actually bust the ones doing it.
 PROS: - People would have to RP to buy drugs or guns.

If you like/dislike the suggestion, please leave a comment stating why.

Will edit after tomorrow after work^^

it's not all about gang warfare I know some gangs have requirements to stay in gangs and some people are too lazy they pay people to get them shit so they look like they got shit for their gang

everything can be made into profit just find the right people 

aince it's not gang v gang that's all rp gang relations always change take ballas and aztacas a few months ago they where chill

I think the better fix is better legal jobs some more of them

Personally I think there should be more focus on creating more "legal" jobs but designed for an actual purpose in RP. Just building up the more illegal gang activity more and more will just draw people to not actually use some imagination/creativity and take the extremely easy illegal life path, this makes illegal items; Weed,Coke,guns etc) feel a lot less illegal because of the amount of them, also making them less "Precious" to those who are in possession. As has been said, it's so easy to scroll for 5 seconds on twitter and find someone to buy weed from. Gang members shouldn't just need to work just for/within their gangs, makes their experiences and others so confined. Being able to mix with other people instead of being closed to their gangs group would make earning money a lot more fun and less like a grind.

Just to clarify as it's late and half of the above probably doesn't make much sense and I don't want to wait till tomorrow to comment this; I don't care that illegal stuff is as it is but I think legal RP driven jobs should be a focus instead of altering how drugs are sold etc. It essentially allows these simple drug runs to be even more accessible and profitable, to where a lot of people won't even try to RP something legal because there's nothing that shows it as actually being fun and not a grind.(The intro video to the server is also a pretty big factor to this)

Last edited by a moderator:
The one thing i fully believe in is that truck deliveries needs a nerf. They are way too good and carry no risk at all. Civilians shouldnt become millions off driving trucks around. I do disagree with the gang suggestion tho. Ive been apart of this community and got given this opportunity due to the amount of time and effort ive put into the server. Why would i have a turf that people can sell on but me as a gang leader cant sell on? 

The one thing i fully believe in is that truck deliveries needs a nerf. They are way too good and carry no risk at all. Civilians shouldnt become millions off driving trucks around. I do disagree with the gang suggestion tho. Ive been apart of this community and got given this opportunity due to the amount of time and effort ive put into the server. Why would i have a turf that people can sell on but me as a gang leader cant sell on? 
Have they not been nerfed recently. The number of people moaning about getting 5k from a run to Paleto makes me think you're no longer guaranteed high sums, even with good timing and cargo damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back