What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Crim and Police changes.

Gekz

Since a recent poll was made about possibly changing the fact you have to shoot in first person in a car or bike or other options, I read through all the replies and people made some valid points but it felt as they weren't really being listened to and kind of brushed off.

I think I can confidently say on behalf of all the criminals in RP who have been doing the same old stuff for the past God knows how long that things are getting very boring and stale. Log on, sell drugs for 20 minutes, get chased by 20 firearms officers, get arrested, go to prison, log off. As others mentioned in the post that this shooting change will only buff the police. I know you have said this change "affects everyone" but let's be honest, it doesn't. It's easy for people who only play on police characters to have an opinion like this as you don't experience things from our POV. 

A good point was made that it takes an officer 0.2 seconds to pull out a SIG for officers and 3 seconds for a criminal to pull out pretty much anything other than a pistol. Yes I understand along with the rest of the community that police should have the advantage and I don't think anyone disagrees. The point is they do have the advantage but its to the point where a criminal cannot have fun on the server and do what a criminal does with things being how they are right now. Like people also mentioned, criminals don't even bother to do any fun RP scenarios like bank heists, prison breakouts etc because it is literally a lose lose situation. We grind 24 hours selling coke, being arrested, losing stuff and time in prison, all to have enough money to buy 1 gun. It's getting to the point where criminals are having to not even roleplay as criminals and go taxi for 8 hours to actually make money. It doesn't make any sense in RP for that to be the only source of income. 

Moving forward, if you go back and check all of the changelogs, please point me to where criminals have gotten ANYTHING new? It seems like every other week police get some changes or something new. A point that always gets thrown around is that roleplay should be fun for EVERYONE - as things stand and points people have been making, how are we supposed to have fun? I know many people who have quit the server because of the repetitiveness and staleness of how things are and right now police are stronger than ever. 

Another point, polices job is to protect and preserve life correct? So what sense does it make that mid gunfight police can casually just drive through "because they are firearms trained"? As a criminal you get hit with an NVL warning or ban but as a police officer its justified? As a criminal you have to treat police stations as if they are fully staffed at all times and if you don't you get warned or banned but police can come solo crewed to a gang turf and just bait a reaction but nothing happens to them? In my personal opinion, agree or disagree, this server right now is VERY pro police, anti-crim. Both sides have bad apples and good apples but at this point its becoming a joke. Having head armour and a SIG knowing 20 more firearms are 1 panic button away and baiting criminals is not fun at all. 

In conclusion, I think we'd all love some more stuff coming rather sooner than later for the criminals of the server, it creates more fun RP scenarios for criminals and in turn also gives police something new to do and tackle and not the same old responding to gunshots or drug reports. I also think police need some changes and possibly even more monitoring as police get away with stuff that they really shouldn't. 

Anyways, if I've missed anything or anyone has anything to add or comment on, feel free.  

I get your point and i agree on a lot of it and dont on most. Like crims do need more to do and more money making ways are needed. But i have been in police for 2 months now and i have not seen 20 firearms officers on at one time. There can only be so many in the unit in the first place.  Also its not pro police, Have you joined the police? Having just the glock has so many rules to use it it does balance things out. Only firearms really get to use their gun fully. Even then they have people watching how and when they use them or they will be kicked from the police or investigated

But yes i would like to see more things to do for everyone thats not in the police. It also gets boring for us too. Seeing drug deal dispatch's every minute 90% of them are ignored due to having to get evidence only to have them smoke us on a bike.  Maybe car jacking for crims? other types of drugs and or growing them, maybe using boats to shit them around like food orders?

Hello! 👋

I just want to mention that yes, it has been a while since there were new additions to the civilian and criminal side of the server BUT!
I don't blame you for feeling like the criminal players have been left out but how you've written some of the sections here comes off as more of a frustration post rather than being constructive. The crim update has been confirmed, it's being worked on tirelessly and has been for a long while, so don't think they don't care about you!    

The server as it stands today is a product of the players who inhabit it, I remember during the first couple of days everyone was friendly and you rarely heard about anyone getting robbed.

I remember people talking about how Fivem would be a new slate where everything people thought was shitty and bad about arma could be avoided. That was until the Callaghans brought back the rebel-style RP, and that's also when I left the community. My point is that over time everyones RP and gameplay have adapted and changed in a response to either side, Crims got more aggressive and the police got less lenient. We're all pointing fingers at each-other but no one wants to change, instead is the other side who should change knowing that the other will probably take advantage of it. The gangs have shit RP, The police have shit RP and both sides think they're doing great and upholding the highest of standards, How does that work?

The new stuff couldn't be here sooner, that's what everyone wants but activities and ''things to do'' isnt what makes RPUK great its the community, whatever the crim update brings won't change how police and crims act towards each other unless you start caring about your standards of roleplay (that goes for everyone).

Last edited by a moderator:
i have not seen 20 firearms officers on at one time.
I can say from my own experience there has been 20 if not very close to 20 at a dispatch. Granted the 20 firearms for a drug dispatch was obviously an exaggeration.

It also gets boring for us too. Seeing drug deal dispatch's every minute 90% of them are ignored due to having to get evidence only to have them smoke us on a bike.
I agree with this completely, more for crims = more for police.

Maybe car jacking for crims? other types of drugs and or growing them, maybe using boats to shit them around like food orders?
Would be an interesting concept and personally something I would like to see. 

you've written some of the sections here comes off as more of a frustration post rather than being constructive. The crim update has been confirmed, it's being worked on tirelessly and has been for a long while, so don't think they don't care about you!
I can only apologise if it came across more like moaning than constructive, but in all honesty I do think some of us are quite annoyed at how things are right now and I think it goes without being said we do appreciate all the dev's hard work. 

The gangs have shit RP, The police have shit RP and both sides think they're doing great and upholding the highest of standards, How does that work?
I completely agree with you but not even a month ago it really did seem like police were changing for the better, coming to turf mid gunfight and instead of involving themselves mid-way through they spoke on their megaphones warning us to seize fire and that we had set amount of time to grab our injured and put our weapons away. It just seems recently they've gone back to being gung-ho and being how they were before. 

its the community, whatever the crim update brings won't change how police and crims act towards each other unless you start caring about your standards of roleplay (that goes for everyone).
Like I mentioned of course there's the good and bad of both sides and obviously only we can change that - I've personally had some fun RP scenarios and interactions with certain police officers recently that has made me change my opinions slightly but then you get the bad ones that make me feel the way I did initially.  

I think you are missing a lot of factors with talking about weapon drawing. But excluding all of the ones about realism, I think you aren’t realising that a cop having his gun out only means that it’s not NVL if we don’t instantly surrender. We can’t shoot first, even if your gun is in your hand and you have just shot. You need to be pointing it at someone or shooting, otherwise if we get investigated we are getting fired. If I have my sig pointed at a wanted criminal with a gun in his hand, he can just run away. Other way around, I am either dead or robbed and then dumped. 

Other than that though I’d say most of your points are valid, I think we are all just waiting for the crim update to arrive and get rid of the boredom. 

I think cody nailed it with the boredom comment. 

The community is bored. 

Problem is you can't expect a magical patch to solve all that. At some stage people are gonna have to remember it's a roleplay server and maybe actually roleplay. In saying that I think from the above comments made and plenty of others in other threads, people need to grow up a bit, start taking some accountability, and hold each other accountable too. 

Break the mindset on both sides because that's a part of what's poisoning it all. 

Thats gonna be a lot harder to do than it is to say. 

I agree with some points and disagree with a few too. Crim update is confirmed (when it comes out who knows) and devs/staff have been working voluntarily on this for god knows how long now and put countless hours into it. As a community we need to appreciate the fact they are doing this off their own back for all us players, we just need to be a bit patient. They do listen to us and know what people want, the amount of work they’re putting in for this update is unbelievable. 

Admittedly on the post you are referring to I did make some comments that seemed to rattle a few staff members (I will add most should’ve been taken with a pinch of salt and were a joke). But we all know the potential the coming crim update has, and how much it will reignite the server for a lot of us who have been maining crim characters for a very long time. 

In group leads channels myself, other leads and police reps have had numerous conversations about how both sides can improve and to be honest, I have seen improvements from police during fights and even said this to the police reps. They want to take on board our points and be better, and crims/civs should do the same. Obviously there are bad apples in both sides and things that are shit are going to happen but we all can get better and learn. 

Tweaks and changes obviously need to happen, everyone knows that. But it takes time and they can’t just be implemented straight away. 

Last edited by a moderator:
the original post seems more like a rant than a suggestion but i'll try and respond to things anyway from a staff/police side.

It seems like every other week police get some changes or something new.
last update we had that actually makes a difference by the looks of it(may have missed something) was the 24th of september 2022, which was the fleet update.
every other police related update that i've found was whitelisting flag changes, or something minor that wont make a difference towards the rest of the community. Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

polices job is to protect and preserve life correct?
preserve life and limb, and protect property ofc.

So what sense does it make that mid gunfight police can casually just drive through "because they are firearms trained"?
they're doing it to try and disrupt and disperse the people involved, if you feel like they're NVL'ing, report them

As a criminal you get hit with an NVL warning or ban but as a police officer its justified?
not really, rules still apply for police

As a criminal you have to treat police stations as if they are fully staffed at all times and if you don't you get warned or banned but police can come solo crewed to a gang turf and just bait a reaction but nothing happens to them?
does this get reported? if not, why?

Having head armour and a SIG knowing 20 more firearms are 1 panic button away
on average we have about 10(give or take) firearms officers on duty after 8pm, more if they're is a pre planned operation or something that needs a good amount of firearms, most people you'll find are RPU/CID/Frontline

There can only be so many in the unit in the first place.
correct, it used to be(unsure if this is still the case) firearms can have slots equal to 1/4th of the entirety of police, which in this moment in time with 204 officers, would give them 51 slots, though, firearms also have inactive people, and they don't all play at the same time, so you'll never get the full amount of firearms on duty to police the server

It just seems recently they've gone back to being gung-ho and being how they were before.
it often relies on the commanding officer, sometimes firearms feels like a group of clone troopers following their commanders every word, sometimes not, it all depends and different stuff(personal opinion) i do get your point though

If I have my sig pointed at a wanted criminal with a gun in his hand, he can just run away. Other way around, I am either dead or robbed and then dumped.
valid point, some would probably scream NVL on that whilst others won't, it's defo a bit eh to still run away with a gun pointed at you, and then complain about cops panicing when you try and rob them (not a dig at anyone btw)

As a community we need to appreciate the fact they are doing this off their own back for all us players,
correct, the devs are working hard for something they do for free, we did have Paint and Archie do 12+ hour "shifts" coding crim update at some point

Back