What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Current State of Everything

Dan Black

Good day all,

This will most likely be something a lot of people have mentioned and a lot of people would frown upon. But wording these matters are important for the longevity of the server. And yes, they server won't necessarily die down overnight or anytime soon, as there will always be new people joining and trialing things, however everything is new and exciting when you are a new player.  This is mostly based on the player base that has been around a long time, which is the important side of the player base. These are the people I play with and the people's perspectives I have seen that reflect similarly to mine. 

I have personally been playing the server since around February 2021. I started playing solo, met people through the server, had amazing moments. Spent the time grinding as most people do, bought 50+ cars, bought a Vinewood house, got storage containers and gathered an armory of a small militia. Joined a gang, worked my way up, become a higher up, but then it was like what next. Nothing new is happening. If anything new comes, it normally involves more grinding, which I can say for the most is not an enjoyable grind. The grind currently derives people away from RP, which is always said is the focus surrounding new things brought in. 

Overall the quality of RP on the server is at an all time low. Gangs just want to war because what else is there for them left to do. And yes, scenarios within RP can be created, but there would naturally be a limitation as it is a game and can't be 100% compared to real life. Police have their most exciting times when gangs are warring, because they can shoot people. This all originates from boredom on the server. There isn't much for people to entertain themselves with. Gangs can sends groups mining, smelting, picking fruit, gathering oil containers, crafting or hunting, but these are mostly things that drive RP away.

Banks cannot be robbed apart from one, which almost always ends badly for the crims. 

Armored convoys come around rarely, and becomes a report fest. 

Gang wars turn into report wars as soon as a gang realize they are losing. People shy away from representing their gangs and it becomes unenjoyable for a gang that represents their colors and what they stand for. 

There aren't enough crim jobs going about. Selling on a corner is fun for a day, but doing it as your main income on the server becomes super painful and tedious. Forcing gang members to do legal jobs to make money, but then again, driving a taxi around for 4-5hours in order to supply yourself with one gun and losing it in an instant is not fun either. Gangs, apart from some selected organization, cant make guns without it costing them a lot still. And yes, I understand there needs to be limitations to the amount of guns on the street, so that every Tom, Dick and Harry isn't walking around with a gun, but that is also why there are gang leaders. These things can easily be controlled even with gangs being able to make things freely. Strict rules can be created among staff and gang leaders. Trusted members are set in place for a reason. 

There are many examples on servers out there than can be implemented on RPUK. The milestones have been set by many, and can be achieved here as well. Before anyone states that I could just go play on those servers, I do not want to. I met every single person I play with on this server. I am not even from the UK and ended up getting to know a lot of people. With whom I can have a laugh and enjoy myself, but currently this is not the state for the majority of people anymore. 

Win mentality has become bigger than RP. Both sides, crims and cops. I have witnessed numerous times where we are in a gun fight with a rival gang, and police stroll through and join the situation like nothing. And perhaps it is a mentality of gang members in actuality not being all that within the UK, but in South Africa, where I am from, police wont even get close to a gunfight between gangs. Gang members fear absolutely nothing and will literally kill you for not giving them a bite from an apple. OCG's are OCG's for a reason, and classed as such for a reason. I understand this can be seen more as an NVL situation, but just something I thought I should word as well. Once again just want to state I know it is UK based RP, probably just the state of gangs not being all that. 

Random people also don't fear anything, rolling up to one of the gangs on the server and acting out as if they aren't talking to a group of criminals with no remorse. So yeah, it goes both ways. 

The majority of additions on the server has been police based within the time I have been on the server. Not one crim job had been added. Small things of customization perhaps, a new gang created from old ones, things like that, but meant in the way of there are nothing new for those people to do. 

Gangs are made aware they need to improve their RP to keep everyone happy, totally understandable, but boredom are driving people away from trying to upkeep their standards. Just my personal opinion. And people aren't inclined on fully committing to leaving the server either, the server has become the RP "home" for a lot of us. Speaking for myself, I am not even playing RP on another server, I would rather then not play RP at all, but returning every now and again hopeful. 

I know this is a long thread and a lot of random things being said, but there is honestly a lot more than can be said and I am sure people will add onto it, but I just want to word that people aren't always around for enjoyment. It has become more of a thing of loyalty. 

I also just want to reiterate that I am not pointing any fingers at anyone. This is a personal opinion I feel strongly about and if I didn't care about the server I wouldn't have worded my opinion. 

I hope RPUK can stay home for a lot of people. This is a place where I made a lot of friends, and being in another country this is the only way of me maintaining those friendships. 

Hi, I am new to roleplay and like the fella said above, the grind is great fun at the start but also very lonely.

I know you have to put yourself out there and I have been so this will naturally come.

I have quite a few ideas for businesses to be run which are different to your normal restaurants, shops, petrol stations but not sure who to approach.

I also have ideas about new ways for people to earn money but being a newbie. I feel disrespectful coming in here and saying what about this, some of the ideas have come from watching other platforms but it is to give the community a more complete experience

A couple of the ideas people can make money

Scrapping cars and getting materials to exchange for other materials to make different objects which can be sold to individuals

Boosting cars with different levels you have to work your way up, which they can sell on the black market

If these are already on the server then please someone tell me to shit the hell up

AVG

Server does feel that it is only ever catered towards gangs and police with the only money making options really being to drive a taxi round all day to maximize how much you spend. I'd like to enjoy doing some criminal stuff but there appears to be nothing to actually do other than sell drugs or pay the gangs. Hopefully a fresh change comes soon!

I think the majority of server issues come from crims not having enough to do. I've been playing since around August last year but recently haven't been on the server in a while because the content loop from criminals, once you've done everything, is pretty boring. All crims have to do is sell and make drugs (Only worth selling cocaine and weed), life invader and main city bank (which often just get breached), shoot/beef cops/other crims or make guns (tedious sitting in the mines for hours for materials).

I belive things like house robberys, hacking, jewlrey store heist, fleecas and car scrapping (robbing local cars to scrap for money with police getting a ping whenever you hit a speed camera with the stolen car) would improve the server 10 fold as cops and crims alike would have a lot more diversity to their daily interactions as the crims aren't forced to rob or shoot other players to make money or get interactions, which often leads to low quality RP. Would also make this a lot less stale as people wouldn't be getting caught doing the same 4 things.

Some balancing to the jobs is needed aswell IMO, you can get 8K from one taxi ride but you get about 6K for robbing a store? And you easily make more in an hour of driving round in a taxi than an hour of selling coke. Either a drugs rework or a rework to the local jobs would be great.

I think the comunity here is great and there are some amazing roleplayers around, with a more divesified option of what you can actually do I think people would come up with some really cool situations and storylines and help remove some of the staleness I know a lot of crims are feeling rn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the majority of server issues come from crims not having enough to do. I've been playing since around August last year but recently haven't been on the server in a while because the content loop from criminals, once you've done everything, is pretty boring. All crims have to do is sell and make drugs (Only worth selling cocaine and weed), life invader and main city bank (which often just get breached), shoot/beef cops/other crims or make guns (tedious sitting in the mines for hours for materials).

I belive things like house robberys, hacking, jewlrey store heist, fleecas and car scrapping (robbing local cars to scrap for money with police getting a ping whenever you hit a speed camera with the stolen car) would improve the server 10 fold as cops and crims alike would have a lot more diversity to their daily interactions as the crims aren't forced to rob or shoot other players to make money or get interactions, which often leads to low quality RP. Would also make this a lot less stale as people wouldn't be getting caught doing the same 4 things.

Some balancing to the jobs is needed aswell IMO, you can get 8K from one taxi ride but you get about 6K for robbing a store? And you easily make more in an hour of driving round in a taxi than an hour of selling coke. Either a drugs rework or a rework to the local jobs would be great.

I think the comunity here is great and there are some amazing roleplayers around, with a more divesified option of what you can actually do I think people would come up with some really cool situations and storylines and help remove some of the staleness I know a lot of crims are feeling rn.
it's quite a surprise that a lot of this isn't already in the server tbh. you hit the nail on the head with the balancing too 

Back