What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Cyberpunk 2077 ❤

Julie Cel

Hey Guys !

Some of you may already be aware of this vastly under-hyped upcoming game, but I want to share some info to get more gamers on the Cyberpunk train.

CD Projekt Red - Developers of "The Witcher" series - Announced a couple of years ago that they are finishing up Geralt's story and starting on their next big project:

A

"Rich, Futuristic World

Ultra Modern Technology

Decadent and Degenerated

Human Society"

d4eLQmY.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077. http://cyberpunk.net/

See the trailer below:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I know, I know... that trailer doesn't show anything really. I'll fill you guys in more.

This game (from what I've read thus far) will be a MMO RPG based in the Cyberpunk world. Much of what Cyberpunk involves originated from the classic Pen and Paper RPG game "Cyberpunk 2020" - http://cyberpunk.wikia.com/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020

Now I don't know about everyone else but that's a pretty exciting concept, especially for those of us who enjoy a good fantasy RP world. 

Picture this - A futuristic open world where technology has advanced to a point that humans are able to augment their bodies with machinery. Drugs, Violent Crime and Provocative Scenery are all part of a daily common occurrence. Augmentation drives many humans insane and its the job of law enforcement to track them down after they've committed horrendous crimes. Now I don't know for sure, but players could possibly choose to be a law enforcer or a citizen or an augmented mutant... who knows ! Not too much information has been leaked and a release date is still yet to be announced. Basically though, you'll be able to have some pretty awesome, action packed adventures involving robots and other cyberpunk inspired creations, all with your friends because it will be an Open World MMO !

Still not sold on how awesome this world will be? Here's some fan and official artwork inspired by the world of Cyberpunk.

ozlYYZJ.jpg

nSCdFZV.jpg

OO9Ikn8.jpg

ANaMabM.jpg

7LdN2tZ.jpg

ZuHIEdQ.jpg

Also my own avatar is cyberpunk fan-art and my profile cover photo is original character design content from the original cyberpunk 2020 game.

I am really looking forward to this game, and would be down to have some nerd out sessions with anyone who wants to give the old pen and paper version of cyberpunk 2020 a go.

I hope I've sold some of you on how awesome this game will be. Maybe now I can have some fellow fans to hype up with !

If you have any Cyberpunk experience or artwork you'd like to share, please feel free to comment below. Or even if I've convinced you that this is the game of your dreams, let me know !

I've posted something similar to this before on another forum about a year ago and it didn't really gather much interest. Hopefully people are thirsty enough for a new game to look forward to now that it will be different this time !

Thanks For Reading :]

~Julia

I promise this isn't an advertisement, I am actually just really into this game and want to find others to explore more with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the original announcement for anyone who's interested :3

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Has there been any more info on this since it was announced at e3 how ever many years ago it was now? 

Has there been any more info on this since it was announced at e3 how ever many years ago it was now? 
Not much really. There were some rumors of the studio facing financial issues but they were given a grant to continue working.

There's also some new concept art on the main site and the developers announced more details about the actual game like that it would be an open world MMO, but other than that no. 

They're too busy being little workers I guess.

Here's a relatively recent article on the development but it doesn't really say anything new.

http://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-calls-cyberpunk-2077-development-quite-advanced-with-a-team-of-300-but-release-is-still-a-ways-off/

Well if its CD Projekt Red its gonna be good, i mean they nailed the witcher games so hopefully this will be a blast to play!

That's a tonne of text for a game announced before Witcher 3 or right after it iirc,I've never liked cyberpunk setting but it's our glorious Polish CDPR that makes games with passion in contrary to American capitalistic greed(cough EA cough*) so I am still probably going to enjoy it,if you asked me the game can take however many more years they want to make it good.IIRC they've been hiring for this game in like 2016 so there's that.

Well if its CD Projekt Red its gonna be good, i mean they nailed the witcher games so hopefully this will be a blast to play!
I completely agree ! This game is in the right hands. They do everything 100%. ( Except game tutorials <.<)

Honestly this is the only game I've been excited for since SOMA was released :3

That's a tonne of text for a game announced before Witcher 3 or right after it iirc,I've never liked cyberpunk setting but it's our glorious Polish CDPR that makes games with passion in contrary to American capitalistic greed(cough EA cough*) so I am still probably going to enjoy it,if you asked me the game can take however many more years they want to make it good.IIRC they've been hiring for this game in like 2016 so there's that.

They are definitely taking their time so they can make a kickass game and I'm not bothered by it ! 

Ahh yes, American greed. There are game companies that create artwork to express their visions, and their are cookie cutter studios that churn out the same crap to make a quick profit. I think we both agree this studio is making art.

Cyberpunk setting can be dark and gloomy, so I understand why some people aren't a fan. I personally think the scenery is super dynamic and fun to look at. 

My favorite games have always been those with a variety of scenery and overall just very visually stimulation:

Bioshock - All time favorite game

Oblivion - The shivering isles - Amazing looking !

I liked dark souls 2, not for the scenery specifically but for the dynamic npc's.

SOMA - If you haven't played it you really should

I could keep going on and on really. I am super thirsty for a new game :3 Especially since the new dishonored didn't really do it for me.

The new South Park game should be fun though :3

Anyways sorry for rambling :3 I hope you do enjoy this game when it comes out ! 

Last edited by a moderator:
The new South Park game should be fun though :3
Yes i loved the stick of truth it was hilarious to play through, hopefully they nail it again with the humor and the gameplay, im not fond of turn based combat but it just seemed right for the game as it set the pace.

Yes i loved the stick of truth it was hilarious to play through, hopefully they nail it again with the humor and the gameplay, im not fond of turn based combat but it just seemed right for the game as it set the pace.

I never enjoyed or even gave turn based combat games a chance until the stick of truth. I loved that game so much I didn't even mind. 

I got an achievement for watching my parents have sex for an extended amount of time on it :'"]

I never enjoyed or even gave turn based combat games a chance until the stick of truth. I loved that game so much I didn't even mind. 

I got an achievement for watching my parents have sex for an extended amount of time on it :'"]
I got the achievement as i started it again and ik i would get called douchebag so i put it in and i got the achievement for that. Its the little things that make games great!

My favorite games have always been those with a variety of scenery and overall just very visually stimulation:

Bioshock - All time favorite game

Oblivion - The shivering isles - Amazing looking !

I liked dark souls 2, not for the scenery specifically but for the dynamic npc's.

SOMA - If you haven't played it you really should
Out of all these games I've only ever played Oblivion,but hell did I love it. I still remember that Assassins guild mission where you secretly murder people in a locked house treasure hunt,or when you have to kill off the entire guild! Dark elves ftw! Sadly,Skyrim never had the same magic to me as Oblivion did,I suppose its the setting,I never particularly liked Nordics (((  

Back