What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Dealership changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ade

Unlinked
Please don't assume the following is a rant but in light of the changes made to car dealerships generally I like them but the removal of an ability to make a purchase is quite honestly a step too far in my opinion and I'd like to raise a counter suggestion.

First off, correct me if I am wrong but you now need to wait for a car dealership owner or employee to be physically present to interact with and make a purchase from over the whole click the desk and go. I like the idea in theory but in practice I am not sure this will work as well as perhaps intended.

Effectively you're now gating content behind a wall that simply cannot be overcome. I get the reason behind it, serious rp server needed to make changes to encourage but not enforce rp. I feel this is now enforcing it and I wanted to make a suggestion for a tweak to the current set up.

The reason for the suggestion is as follows. People are impulsive. Some are very, VERY, precious about their cars. Its the one thing in the server that everyone uses as a status symbol to show wealth or whatever or just because driving is such a huge part of the experience. If I go to a dealer and see a car I want I want it there and then. I don't want to have to wait for the dealer to decide to open and come online, i want to get it and drive it there and then. The biggest reason for that is time. Its the most valuable thing I have and I may not have it the next time that dealer comes around to catch them awake.  This is compounded by the fact I live where I do and am not always available at 6pm onwards UK time to catch someone to sort this.

While I am unsure of exactly how many others are in this very same situation Id guess there's more than a few out there in the comm. Please don't think this is a dummy spit cause i want things more convenient for me as I dont. But this is the gate I am now trapped behind not letting me access the car dealer and others too.

What I would like to see is one of 2 things done and I leave this entirely to you guys to discuss and debate as a community.

Option A. Add a "BUY NOW" Price which would be a premium over and above the car price itself. Not too high to make it ludicrously expensive but enough to say OK id rather wait and find a dealer but at the same time solving it for people in the wider world who do not get on during UK prime yet still want to be a part of this awesome community. This way there's the option to pay now or hold on and catch the dealership staff to essentially negotiate over a deal (part ex on a used car) or whatever. It'd almost be like buying the car directly from the website and having it ready to pick up without ever test driving it. Id like to throw in that as if you do purchase the car this way there is also no test drive option (for the very same reasons, the purchase method comes with a higher price to encourage players the other way.)

Option B would be to have a form of a messaging system for orders where by the buyer sees a car they like but wants to reserve it somehow and has the option to pay a security deposit on the car to reserve it, akin to the dispatch, whereby the potential buyer can text the employees and say hey I want this and leaves contact info. This means that there is at least some RP interaction, even though its not face to face, and the buyer and dealer can liaise accordingly. Giving the buyer the option to pay anything from 10% to the full amount in this way and, should the buyer choose to do so like this in full, give them the option to specify a delivery address for the vehicle to be delivered by a mechanic.

To the broader community. please consider this on its merits. I took inspiration from the concept of LS customs as a fall back option for car fixing if/when TireNutz and AE are closed which means theres always a basic service for people outside of normal prime time etc. I trust ive explained this sufficiently enough to avoid a thousand downvotes 🙂 thank you for reading.

Ok, so I don’t exactly disagree with the suggestion as a whole, however as someone with a character that actually works at a dealership I am going to give it a -1 tbh. The devs have given us an amazing update with a whole new system, this suggestion has arrived before anyone has even gotten to use it, surely we give it a chance and find ways to work it? 

Not a pop at yourself, but this community as a whole has a tendency to tear down any feature the dev teams spends time creating just because it isn’t amazing at first glance, but let’s give it a chance! I’m sure it will be very good in the long run. 

This gives vehicle dealers a massive amount more RP, which is a good thing. 

Ok, so I don’t exactly disagree with the suggestion as a whole, however as someone with a character that actually works at a dealership I am going to give it a -1 tbh. The devs have given us an amazing update with a whole new system, this suggestion has arrived before anyone has even gotten to use it, surely we give it a chance and find ways to work it? 

Not a pop at yourself, but this community as a whole has a tendency to tear down any feature the dev teams spends time creating just because it isn’t amazing at first glance, but let’s give it a chance! I’m sure it will be very good in the long run. 

This gives vehicle dealers a massive amount more RP, which is a good thing. 
Understood where you're coming from Chris and I dont mean it to be a knee jerk either. This is not meant to be a thread like the Mechanic changes nor the market place changes but it does feel like its killed the access.

I went to 4 or 5 different dealerships. One was physically locked. The others were basically windowshopping only. Hence the post. Its unfair to ask people to be online 24/7 to run the businesses because at the end of the day this is just a game. Its a little like the frustration of getting a key cut from G6. Sometimes its easy. sometimes not.

I also wanted to throw out some options over going to suggested changes rather than simply saying somethings crap change it back (which is what happened with the repair system).

Your -1 is valid all the same. I respect that and I respect where you're coming from. It absolutely brings more RP to the table for everyone at the dealers but when they are not around you might as well just lock the doors. that's my point of contention.

Understood where you're coming from Chris and I dont mean it to be a knee jerk either. This is not meant to be a thread like the Mechanic changes nor the market place changes but it does feel like its killed the access.

I went to 4 or 5 different dealerships. One was physically locked. The others were basically windowshopping only. Hence the post. Its unfair to ask people to be online 24/7 to run the businesses because at the end of the day this is just a game. Its a little like the frustration of getting a key cut from G6. Sometimes its easy. sometimes not.

I also wanted to throw out some options over going to suggested changes rather than simply saying somethings crap change it back (which is what happened with the repair system).

Your -1 is valid all the same. I respect that and I respect where you're coming from. It absolutely brings more RP to the table for everyone at the dealers but when they are not around you might as well just lock the doors. that's my point of contention.
Just an FYI, more to give a bit of info. I have no doubt absolutely every dealership was closed last night, I know we were. Combination of things, including sales not working properly (a bug that has been reported) as well as no doubt everyone reworking their operations and changing their databases etc… to make the new system work for them, we spent hours last night working on it. 

I do understand what you mean, but I do think when the kinks have been worked out that we will see a positive improvement from this update 🙂 

-1 far to long dealerships get stocked and no one working there, finally a change has happened and for the better, people usually don't like changes and specially when there was a few bumps in the road yesterday, but overall I think its gonna be a brilliant one for the future 

finally those who own a dealership cant use it as a cash and grab with no rp. like some dealerships not all. Example fsther put time into his ones. So does barry and a few more. but some where just cash grabs.

so for me until a few weeks of testing and some fixes temporarily-1

Last edited by a moderator:
-1 far to long dealerships get stocked and no one working there, finally a change has happened and for the better, people usually don't like changes and specially when there was a few bumps in the road yesterday, but overall I think its gonna be a brilliant one for the future 
Completely agree, will be a positive change, just needs some time for people to get used to it 

So everyone voting -1 is telling me there's gonna be a way to purchase a car when no "staff" member for the dealership is online?

So everyone voting -1 is telling me there's gonna be a way to purchase a car when no "staff" member for the dealership is online?
Ehh no tbh, I fully understand you won’t be able to purchase a vehicle when nobody is around. 

I know it’s a bit mad comparing it to irl for something like this, but could you go buy a car from a dealership when it’s closed irl? Will be same case as auto exotic and tirenutz, need to go when it’s open or contact them.

Take Mosleys for example (where my character works), we advertise on Tweedle a lot. Get our numbers, if you want a car we sell and nobody at the dealership, call us or text us, either we will come down or if not online then we will get back to you and organise a date/time we can both be there etc… the reason is gave -1 is because I like the idea of someone having to be there and RPing the sale instead of walking up to a desk and seeing 100 cars for sale. Let’s at least give this a chance, I’m sure you’ll agree it’s a good change when we get used to it 🙂 

The whole idea of this community is to interact with each other, the devs have provided a massive update to help that even more, personally I think this suggestion came way too early before we’ve even had a chance to roll with this. 

I personally really dislike the change. Unless car dealerships are able to be robbed, I think locking them up, so you can't even browse is a bit much.  It says in the change log that cars and racing are a bit part of GTA, but now it's got really difficult to buy anything.

Hopefully there is, or will be, a way for owners of dealerships to employ staff to pay to keep the shops open while they are away.

Ehh no tbh, I fully understand you won’t be able to purchase a vehicle when nobody is around. 

I know it’s a bit mad comparing it to irl for something like this, but could you go buy a car from a dealership when it’s closed irl? Will be same case as auto exotic and tirenutz, need to go when it’s open or contact them.

Take Mosleys for example (where my character works), we advertise on Tweedle a lot. Get our numbers, if you want a car we sell and nobody at the dealership, call us or text us, either we will come down or if not online then we will get back to you and organise a date/time we can both be there etc… the reason is gave -1 is because I like the idea of someone having to be there and RPing the sale instead of walking up to a desk and seeing 100 cars for sale. Let’s at least give this a chance, I’m sure you’ll agree it’s a good change when we get used to it 🙂 

The whole idea of this community is to interact with each other, the devs have provided a massive update to help that even more, personally I think this suggestion came way too early before we’ve even had a chance to roll with this. 
Thats exactly why the suggestion Chris. It covers both paradigms. 

I'm not saying there shouldn't be more interaction. There absolutely should.

But it's a game and when content gets gated it causes some people to be a little put off. Hence the OP with an attempt to find some middle ground between 0 rp and 0 access when the stores closed. 

I realise we see this differently bit I think a lot of people only see this one way. Theirs. I'm trying to offer an alternative which gives benefit to more people. 

With all due respect some of the other comments in the thread are incredibly short sighted to this, yours at least has discussed it. 

I personally really dislike the change. Unless car dealerships are able to be robbed, I think locking them up, so you can't even browse is a bit much.  It says in the change log that cars and racing are a bit part of GTA, but now it's got really difficult to buy anything.
you can rob the cars that are on the shop floor which is why they can be locked, 

it's a thing thats going to take time, alot of dealerships have gone from being allowed 2 staff members to more, theres going to have to be recruitment and setting up the new systems, like the repair kit changes once everything has settled down and been refind it's sorted at the end of the day it's going to make alot more rp, yes a car dealership isn't going to be open 24/7 but i think it's going to make it much more enjoyable than just walking up to a counter and being able to get what you want 24/7 

(My opnion and not of staff team)

-1 I think the dealership update was needed to be honest to many people just stocked and stopped doing anything with the dealerships and this just gives the dealerships more interaction as well as reward for such interaction since now they can actually just choose the price they put stuff at.

Overall nice update for dealerships, maybe some bugs here and there but besides that looks good.

I realise the game was made in 2013 (and some of you may not have been born then :D) but some of the changes are going a little bit 20th century. I agree with the changes made in many respects but in todays society we have internet ordering and online shopping now. Is it possible to develop a system where we can register for orders/quotes and meetings as above so that those who dont play at 8pm UK time can register their interest. This could be something done in game (using the group chat thing on peoples phones) or have some sort of "online order book" or some other method. 

I can understand the discussion posted above but if youre lucky enough to have the privilege of being involved in one of these businesses then please do consider ways that you can cater for folks who work/play outside of peak hours so that the system can work for all. 

I have a lot of money to spend on cars and I want to collect a fair few. I would like to be able to do that with someone at a dealership please. 

Look. The point of this update is to bring more RP around dealerships. I won't lie, managing a shop now is going to be more hard as you have to figure out opening times n getting more employees etc however it means that when you go to said dealership there should be someone there to sort you out, if not then put out a tweed or call the shops landline. ROLEPLAY mate. Not everything needs to be based around something that doesn't exist. In this case, an invisible salesmen. 

Let's try the update first, its not even been out long. Personally, iv loved picking up the phone to customers n hearing the landline ring it really engages you in the RP around being in a Dealership and the ability to test ride bikes or drive cars, adds a whole different element and an outstanding layer of quality to RP now. 

So that being said, -1 from me.

(This is my personal opinion and NOT the opinion of staff)

Would it be possible to add into the computer or a AI character that gives a list of the employees of the business, contact details and if they are online, much like the legal personnel at city hall. This would give the potential purchaser the opportunity to call one of the staff or leave a message (although this would potentially open to spam messages to each staff member).

I like the idea that you cant just purchase a car when you want but have to buy it from a salesperson

Obviously the above would require dev work but could also be introduced to stores and other locations.

After some consideration, and going to Hardwick's dealership last night, I take back everything I said. The RP was great, albeit us having issues with the details of the cars not showing up,  It was an excellent experience.  Sorry for jumping on the change so quick.

Would it be possible to add into the computer or a AI character that gives a list of the employees of the business, contact details and if they are online, much like the legal personnel at city hall. This would give the potential purchaser the opportunity to call one of the staff or leave a message (although this would potentially open to spam messages to each staff member).

I like the idea that you cant just purchase a car when you want but have to buy it from a salesperson

Obviously the above would require dev work but could also be introduced to stores and other locations.
Every shop has a landline, if an employee is in the store then id assume someone would pick up the phone, if you so happen to know an employee at any dealership that's a luxury thing as you have a direct connection with said person in RP. However if you don't know any of the employee's on a personal level it makes no sense that you would be calling someone's private phone number, however it makes perfect sense for you to call the landline of the shop an enquire about what is is you want to buy. 

(This is my personal opinion and NOT the opinion of staff)

After some consideration, and going to Hardwick's dealership last night, I take back everything I said. The RP was great, albeit us having issues with the details of the cars not showing up,  It was an excellent experience.  Sorry for jumping on the change so quick.
I’m so glad people are seeing it this way, I have really been enjoying the RP from this update 🙂 

Also, @MKSDN have a look at my suggestion: 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back