What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Delivery businesses

Brillheim Evernwhirl

Due to a discussion in this post and @Nikolaisaying to make a separate suggestion post, here it is.

The suggestion is based on the system used on another server which I am not prepared to mention here publicly and even privately I will only tell Admin as I do not want to advertise it.

Basically on this other server they have two competing delivery companies Amazon and GoPostal. I don't think it should be limited to just two.

The way it works is the players contact one of the delivery companies (or put out a generic delivery request that either of the companies could pick up) when they want something delivered from the warehouses, the delivery company sets the delivery fee or could have a contract for deliveries with a monthly payment being made.

The delivery company will have a driver who picks up the delivery request (could be an actual item in RPUK since the latest Crim update) takes what ever vehicle is appropriate from the fleet of vehicles available, goes to the warehouse and has to manually load the items into the vehicle, large items could maybe be loaded with some sort of pallet system, cars manually driven onto a car trailer or near to it then alt interacted with to load onto the trailer. Then has to deliver the items to the delivery location, because the items are physical items there is a risk of robbery in transit with this system and also the option to double man deliveries.

When they get to the delivery location they have to get paperwork signed (which then releases any payments much like the car dealership sales system) and unload the goods for the shop worker to put away doesn't matter which order.

Wages are set by the delivery company owner/manager and could be per delivery by paying the driver after the paperwork is signed.

I'm not too good at putting down these sort of ideas as written text but am happy to discuss further at some point with admin/devs and would love to hear feedback on the idea from the community to fine tune it if it were to be implemented.

I like how deliveries can be done by anyone who has the current license, putting it behind a "job" takes away one more job for new players or grafters to be able to do really easily.

For that alone -1

Due to a discussion in this post and @Nikolaisaying to make a separate suggestion post, here it is.

The suggestion is based on the system used on another server which I am not prepared to mention here publicly and even privately I will only tell Admin as I do not want to advertise it.

Basically on this other server they have two competing delivery companies Amazon and GoPostal. I don't think it should be limited to just two.

The way it works is the players contact one of the delivery companies (or put out a generic delivery request that either of the companies could pick up) when they want something delivered from the warehouses, the delivery company sets the delivery fee or could have a contract for deliveries with a monthly payment being made.

The delivery company will have a driver who picks up the delivery request (could be an actual item in RPUK since the latest Crim update) takes what ever vehicle is appropriate from the fleet of vehicles available, goes to the warehouse and has to manually load the items into the vehicle, large items could maybe be loaded with some sort of pallet system, cars manually driven onto a car trailer or near to it then alt interacted with to load onto the trailer. Then has to deliver the items to the delivery location, because the items are physical items there is a risk of robbery in transit with this system and also the option to double man deliveries.

When they get to the delivery location they have to get paperwork signed (which then releases any payments much like the car dealership sales system) and unload the goods for the shop worker to put away doesn't matter which order.

Wages are set by the delivery company owner/manager and could be per delivery by paying the driver after the paperwork is signed.

I'm not too good at putting down these sort of ideas as written text but am happy to discuss further at some point with admin/devs and would love to hear feedback on the idea from the community to fine tune it if it were to be implemented.
I know which server you are on and i have seen this and it does looks fun. 

I like how deliveries can be done by anyone who has the current license, putting it behind a "job" takes away one more job for new players or grafters to be able to do really easily.

For that alone -1
How ever i do agree with this aswell that it will take a job away from people want to earn money clean and in my opinion there is not enough job that pay clean tbh as if you get a job in fast food/cafe no one role plays them so people can not get paid hourly. personally i think the option to just turn up at a food shop and buy something should be taken away. you'd have more people roleplaying there shop that way aswell as you have to be on to earn or have people work for you. Makes it more realistic and makes the jobs working in food/games better as you can actually RP them

For that alone -1
The other server has NPC delivery jobs, much like our taxi npc jobs

Simple pick up several parcels and deliver to specific locations marked on the map

The other server
All servers are different, what works elsewhere might not work here. I get other servers have cool ideas and mechanics, but let's not try to make this server like the others

Simple pick up several parcels and deliver to specific locations marked on the map
We also have something similar in the form of food deliveries. But the point still stands, if you removed trucking deliveries and input "amazon" or "fedex" etc. It takes away from the starter jobs and some roleplay that people already have with their own delivery drivers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back