What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Development Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
First let me big up Cardoso (Santadoso's) post For the chance you can win yourself some good steam games.

Secondly i would like to bring you upto date with development directly from Ciaran's sweatshop.

The Board had a meeting last night and the main item on the agenda was server performance... recently you may have noticed a increase of desync... flying stuff and running on the spot.

To fix this issue we all decided to go all out in optimizing our server and removing some map objects, we will then monitor the server, The end goal is bringing it back to the performance it was just around a month ago when we increased to 100 slots.

Ciaran is currently working on the following.

1. Step one, Compressing and removing skins to reduce our mission size to the target of 15mb from the current 30mb... however it might just be over this target... To combat lack of colours, some of the default arma skins are being used (there are so many we dont take advantage of)

2. Once Ciaran has supplied me the files ready for release i will target the map removing some items (sorry UNMC) but your objects will need to be cut down... During this i will also add a new cop base for athria and remove alot of un-need items.

Once this has been released we will continue with new features however there might just be a new feature in this release... i am sure Ciaran will provide the video shortly.

wilco.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There is plenty of stuff inside UNMC that could be gone without taking the wall out.. For example;

- Fire barrels at checkpoint

- Shit ton of carwrecks

- Wall around Sofia

- Killhouse at the shooting range

=)

Athira HQ is getting a makeover? Yay! Down with silly military looking places!

In all seriousness, I am pleased with this improvement plan. It shows that the guys in charge of the server are actually trying to improve what we already have and make it awesome, rather than doing what a lot of other servers do in that they throw in unoptimized extras that aren't needed and do more bad than good.

Keep it up, guys!

The wall is a issue but i will personally sit there and disable simulation and damage to it (long job)

There is plenty of stuff inside UNMC that could be gone without taking the wall out.. For example;

- Fire barrels at checkpoint

- Shit ton of carwrecks

- Wall around Sofia

- Killhouse at the shooting range

=)
To be fair we determined the fire barrels should have been removed a while ago,because the light is rendered for everyone on the map.

-Killhouse? Hell no,the killhouse,checkpoint,location X and wall are the only useful additions. The rest are flair.

1. Step one, Compressing and removing skins to reduce our mission size to the target of 15mb from the current 30mb... however it might just be over this target... To combat lack of colours, some of the default arma skins are being used (there are so many we dont take advantage of)
Screw the wall, THIS I NEED, nay, DEMAND.

I done a test about a month ago and compressed the textures myself and lowered it from 27mb to 9mb, with hardly any noticeable quality loss.

+1 to Sovereign's input on our stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back