What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

DigitalDen - Breakable Equipment/Repairs, + S.O.S GPS

Orion Acrux

This suggestion come in collaboration with DigitalDen Silent partner who have help us grow and come up with great ideas for the community. 

So starting off with the idea which will probably have the most difference in opinion. We are proposing that we make it so that when you are incapacitated there is a % chance that your smartphone breaks (smashed screen or broken phone). If you phone doesn't break you can send a GPS/SOS alert location to a set person in your phone. It has to be that it doesn't break and there is no NHS available. It needs to meet these to parameters as do not want to take away anything from the NHS

How the phone breaks could depend on how you get downed, so if you get shot in the head there is no way you can use your phone. But if you fall off a balcony or get hit by a car, there's a chance you can use it. A high speed crash or jumping in the water would break it.  Dying by fire again could have a percentage chance.

Broken smartphone could then become an item that is taken to Digital Den for repair, we'd just need "Phone Screen" as an item and somewhere to repair them. We'd need it to be Digital Den exclusive so they have to be repaired by Digital Den only. Opens up some RP for DD and I think people would be in favour of the first 2x parts about a chance of being able to alert someone when downed (you would be able to IRL of course in certain situations, so it makes sense)

If that is something people agree with, it could be the start with broken radios, speakers, laptops etc all being things DD could one day repair. Expanding on this all electronic equipment could also break in a similar manner and need to repair using similar items. 

The Pros:

Would provide different and more opportunities for RP, Obviously give a lot more RP to DigitalDen but this would allow us to employee more people, making them able to repair products.

The Cons:

Dev work as always 😞 

I don't think this would change any balance to the server so to speak, however would change how people treat there equipment making them value it more.

Purely for the fact that I have been downed due to bugs for example: fell though the map while driving and then because of the new thing of flying through the window at high speeds I was then downed. I would have been livid if that happened say out of city and then my phone broke and I couldn't contact NHS. From what I believe this would take some serious dev work and all for something that might not be used as in repairing phones as after all they are dirt cheap as they are.

1. -1 

As much as i love the whole DD idea and it could def create some more RP i feel like this suggestion could potentially change the balance to the server as DD will be the ONLY ones to be able to carry out said repairs therefore you would be controlling a corner of the market essentially. Im all for DD and its RP ideas and i think there could be some great ideas to suggest but with this suggestion i think its too specific and creates a vaccum shall we say that draws everyone towards you for phone repairs as you are the only one that can do it. Another issue that could potentially arise is "WHAT IF" you were to leave the server or get banned (I hope not) then the whole system would crash and collapse due to this, now granted you would have employees that could still continue but there will always be minor issues that might require your help and you might not be there.

This suggestion come in collaboration with DigitalDen Silent partner who have help us grow and come up with great ideas for the community. 

So starting off with the idea which will probably have the most difference in opinion. We are proposing that we make it so that when you are incapacitated there is a % chance that your smartphone breaks (smashed screen or broken phone). If you phone doesn't break you can send a GPS/SOS alert location to a set person in your phone. It has to be that it doesn't break and there is no NHS available. It needs to meet these to parameters as do not want to take away anything from the NHS

How the phone breaks could depend on how you get downed, so if you get shot in the head there is no way you can use your phone. But if you fall off a balcony or get hit by a car, there's a chance you can use it. A high speed crash or jumping in the water would break it.  Dying by fire again could have a percentage chance.

Broken smartphone could then become an item that is taken to Digital Den for repair, we'd just need "Phone Screen" as an item and somewhere to repair them. We'd need it to be Digital Den exclusive so they have to be repaired by Digital Den only. Opens up some RP for DD and I think people would be in favour of the first 2x parts about a chance of being able to alert someone when downed (you would be able to IRL of course in certain situations, so it makes sense)

If that is something people agree with, it could be the start with broken radios, speakers, laptops etc all being things DD could one day repair. Expanding on this all electronic equipment could also break in a similar manner and need to repair using similar items. 

The Pros:

Would provide different and more opportunities for RP, Obviously give a lot more RP to DigitalDen but this would allow us to employee more people, making them able to repair products.

The Cons:

Dev work as always 😞 

I don't think this would change any balance to the server so to speak, however would change how people treat there equipment making them value it more.
How much would this cost, woudl people not just buy a new phone?

Back