What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Disable Voice Chat While in Character Selection Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

Brief Summary:

While on the character selection screen, either mute other players so you can't hear them or mute microphones so they cannot be heard by others.

Detailed Suggestion:

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to need to say anything in the character selection screen or be heard. Unfortunately, due to people spawning in the same location at this point somewhere on the map and more so after a server restart you end up with an absolute ear-rape being transmitted. I've had people chanting the N word, amongst others and just otherwise screaming and shouting, blowing into their mics, played Thomas the Tank Engine... you get the idea.

Players do this because they know I cannot see who is saying this thus I cannot report them for using such words. People are otherwise shouting just to be trolls with the same protection that I cannot identify them.

It might be that you are only on the character selection screen for 10-30 seconds (including the loading time when the voices start to you teleporting away) but that's more than enough. 

Also bare in mind for someone joining for the first time perhaps after a restart this is their first interaction. It doesn't look good at all.

The Pros:

Player's eardrums maintain a longer shelf life
No one has to endure the chanting of the N word or other profanities
Bandwidth with potentially 200 players being in the same area with lots of shouting must be higher too

The Cons:

None

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be honest during the Character Selection screen, it is abso-fucking-lutely loud as shits, with constant earrape, vagos on top, azteca on top, basically gangs saying their ontop earrape, people chatting the N-Word. Its a honest pain in the ass, however without the chatting of the N-Word, it brings a laugh within me because of the abnormal stupidity of it. As much as i find it funny as shit, but having to also take off my headphones, I will +1 this. 

tenor.gif

Agreed

+1 enough explanation as to above ^

Last edited by a moderator:
I know and understand that the Dev team user their own and personal time for the development of the server, however, yesterday was the worst of the worst on the Char screen, I beg the devs to please implement this ASAP as a priority because this: https://streamable.com/x7j6hs 

Is no way for a new/old player to join the server and have to listen to this shit

I know and understand that the Dev team user their own and personal time for the development of the server, however, yesterday was the worst of the worst on the Char screen, I beg the devs to please implement this ASAP as a priority because this: https://streamable.com/x7j6hs 

Is no way for a new/old player to join the server and have to listen to this shit
Based on this do you retract the following statement

it brings a laugh within me because of the abnormal stupidity of it.
😛

Based on this do you retract the following statement
No, I am laughing at it due to the stupidity, I want it removed because its just not good for the rep of RPUK if we have people chatting the N word, and a bunch of other shit as well. Even worse people ear raping 

Everytime I load into the character select I take my headphones off and turn it down. Funny first couple of times but soon gets old. 

This is still extremely annoying and personally upsetting to hear. 

It remains the first thing new players who are joining the server hear and ultimately is not a great first impression. Today's 1600 start was excessive use of the N word, F word and "Big up the KKK". 

Disable it please my ears can’t handle 100 people screaming at the same time 

Also bare in mind for someone joining for the first time perhaps after a restart this is their first interaction. It doesn't look good at all.
This should be the first reason in mind when considering this suggestion, for some of the players that've been long on the server this may be a funny moment but for most others it could be either an unpleasant first interaction or it could be setting the bar a bit low for expectations on the server, hearing 100 people shouting profanities at the beginning might make them believe it's OK to do so while around city, turning some newer players into foul mouthed trolls. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back