What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Ditch Weapons Wheel, New Inventory, Equip and Holster

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSky0

Hello! I'm not sure if it's been suggested before, but the GTA classic Weapon Wheel can be annoying sometimes for everyone, i will speak from Police perspective (police equipment) for the examples to explain how it would make things better.

The weapon wheel as is, puts the gun and taser in the same slot, you have to hold tab and scroll taser to switch to gun or vice versa. Another way is pressing six once or twice to switch to taser or gun, Same for the Baton, Knife, Flashlight and Bare hands, These four things are in one slot and you have to scroll through them to get to what you want.

With this new inventory, it will make equipping and holstering things much easier, you can arrange an item on the top of the inventory from 1 to 4 or 5, and if you press that button on the keyboard it will equip it, if you press it again it will holster. This eliminates the Weapons Wheel (holding TAB) and makes things quicker and maybe more realistic?

This also means the inventory can be sorted and other items under the top row can be editable to prioritize certain things above or to the side of others.

Also, with the weapon wheel ditched, TAB button can be used to be pressed and it will show what is in what slot, and maybe show cash in inventory maybe.

In this picture, you can see the arrangeable inventory with the top side numbered for keyboard use, from 1 to 4 in this example, i suggest use the 5th one too

94tfyp5.png

In the picture below, you can see what the UI shows you if you press TAB once, it will show them for a couple of seconds and go

JyRWxZY.png

In the video below, The knife was set on the second slot in the top of the inventory, pressed two, it equips the knife and shows what is equipped, then pressed again to Holster.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also, a side suggestion (probably suggested before), Maybe add a glovebox in cars so when you open inventory inside of cars, you can put a few items of small weight in the car and lock it (to add over the trunk of a car)?

Some of you might recognize which server im giving an example from above, but it's the same thing in a lot of servers, little to no servers uses the classic GTA weaponwheel other than freeroam servers 🙂

I hope you like the suggested, and if you dont, reply below with how it can be better, thanks for reading!

Pros: Better way of equipping things

Cons: Dev time is all i can think of

Does this change the balance of the server? I dont think so

EDIT (1/1/2022 happy new year): I FORGOT TO MENTION, with this, it means we dont need the mouse scroll for swapping weapons inside of cars, we could use the mouse scroll wheel for turning the engine on and off instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing idea!! Even after so many hours this wheel still creates odd situations. So +1

Would be a very welcomed addition I’d say, the taser and pistol being in the same slot is really annoying sometimes! 🙂

Big +1 from me too. I'd also like to see the reaching to your back emote for every firearm pulled out tbh. Just gives people more of a reaction time when someones grabs a weapon.

Big +1 from me too. I'd also like to see the reaching to your back emote for every firearm pulled out tbh. Just gives people more of a reaction time when someones grabs a weapon.
Agreed to a certain limit, sometimes its a bit of a shitty reason for some people to use when NVLing. IMO even if it takes like a second or two to get a knife or any weapon out, they should still comply but a lot of people will use it as justification to why they NVLed and not comply

Agreed to a certain limit, sometimes its a bit of a shitty reason for some people to use when NVLing. IMO even if it takes like a second or two to get a knife or any weapon out, they should still comply but a lot of people will use it as justification to why they NVLed and not comply
Not really, because the people that you think will NVL, ALSO have to go through the animation. I think it more gives police a better chance of panicing.

Not really, because the people that you think will NVL, ALSO have to go through the animation. I think it more gives police a better chance of panicing.
True true they also go through the animation so that limits them from NVL

Sounds like a great idea to join @Paint’s backlog, current ETA is 3-5 years 
The code, or something similar, should be publicly available. It would be a matter of tweaking for preference and optimizing for our server. I think implimentation, design and code are the easy parts. Ensuring there are no bugs/exploits/conflicts with current RPUK scripts will be the hardest part. Perhaps devs could benefit from more testers?

Weapons do get pulled out the back of a characters pocket, the bigger the gun the longer the animation 

Weapons do get pulled out the back of a characters pocket, the bigger the gun the longer the animation 
One of the lostMC guys used to hold a flashlight in every meeting we ever had. Eventually I realised it halfs the time to swap to a pistol. Pulling a pistol on RPUK is too quick, especially if you hold a harmless flashlight. It should take LONGER to change from weapon to to weapon compared to unarmed to weapon but it's the opposite.

One of the lostMC guys used to hold a flashlight in every meeting we ever had. Eventually I realised it halfs the time to swap to a pistol. Pulling a pistol on RPUK is too quick, especially if you hold a harmless flashlight. It should take LONGER to change from weapon to to weapon compared to unarmed to weapon but it's the opposite.
In regards to things like pistols I dont think this should take effect as you'd stand no chance against your enemy for example if I'm in or get dragged into an active situation with some and I have not already pulled out my firearm whilst others are running around with theirs already drawn and I am unlucky enough to run into someone then I would be killed before even being able to pull out my weapon. I feel like a lot of suggestions that are given are trying to replicate No Pixel for those who are not apart of that servers community, there is a point where your server turns from "Your" server into another No Pixel clone which ends up in people losing interest.

By the way i forgot to mention, with this equipping system and removal of weapon wheel, you no longer need to use your mouse scroll to cycle through weapons to use inside of vehicles, instead, mouse scroll can be used to turn engine on or off. The same way you equip and holster weapons in the suggestion above applies to inside of vehicles, that allows the use of the mouse scroll to start an engine and go instead of having to go through the caps wheel.

In regards to things like pistols I dont think this should take effect as you'd stand no chance against your enemy for example if I'm in or get dragged into an active situation with some and I have not already pulled out my firearm whilst others are running around with theirs already drawn and I am unlucky enough to run into someone then I would be killed before even being able to pull out my weapon. I feel like a lot of suggestions that are given are trying to replicate No Pixel for those who are not apart of that servers community, there is a point where your server turns from "Your" server into another No Pixel clone which ends up in people losing interest.
As someone who plays both servers, I can appreciate the differences. I don't wanna see the GTA RP experience become cookie-cutter or 'commercial'. This should be a community project all involved are proud of. However, I think reducing the draw time of weapons would stop a lot of NVL and thus improve RP.

I haven't played RPUK properly in about 6 months, but back when I was really active, if I entered an animation, UI, or even if I accidently put away my weapon, tried to unlock my car, or use my radio, all this is enough time for the other person to kill me instantly. You can actually shoot before the gun is even drawn. RP situation over in favour of a 'hero who risked his life' (it would be NVL if I killed him).

Now, I've done this before and it always feels wrong but it's been so common place it's rather anxiety inducing. I can't imagine being a cop, knowing you can't check your PDW or use your radio because that slight distraction of delay input is enough to pull a combat pistol which is powerful. Perhaps if a pistol is holstered visably on the leg then the current animation makes sense, but it's pulled from nowhere. Something like this would take development work though, and I don't think a working pistol holster has been developed on any server.

TLDR; I think slowing draw speed of weapons would decrease NVL.

Overall I support the idea of replacing the weapon wheel. I don't even mind the draw sped currently, but to CHANGE from a knife to a pistol is quicker than pulling a pistol while unarmed. Try it, it's about twice as quick. I did mention it to multiple staff but it was never addressed.

Now, I've done this before and it always feels wrong but it's been so common place it's rather anxiety inducing. I can't imagine being a cop, knowing you can't check your PDW or use your radio because that slight distraction of delay input is enough to pull a combat pistol which is powerful. Perhaps if a pistol is holstered visably on the leg then the current animation makes sense, but it's pulled from nowhere. Something like this would take development work though, and I don't think a working pistol holster has been developed on any server.

I think cops do have a holster on their leg I know we recently got the introduction of the chest mount which I think reduces if not takes out the animation of equipping your weapon which obviously puts criminals at a disadvantage but makes sense as their weapon is mounted in a place that would be easy to retrieve it from same with a holster on the leg as it is right next to your characters hand whilst idle or even running.

Thanks god.. +1 for me , i don't think there's need to be much said here there's only Pro's for that one !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back