What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Do people not wanna Roleplay anymore ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashboyd

Why are people not willing to Roleplay anymore ?

I joined the server in 2014 and the Roleplay used to be A+ the police motto used to be #roleplayeverything , and when i was in the police i was trained to always see the roleplay side of things when it comes to scenarios meaning if the opposing party is trying to Roleplay then always go along with it and give them a shot at there story, has the training been changed ?  

I took a break for about a year cause iv'e recently had a kid, Ever since i have returned i have found it harder to Roleplay stuff, don't get me wrong i mean there are still times when the Roleplay is really good but these have became really uncommon for me, am i just a bit rusty in the way i approach things or is this fact now ?   

Sorry about the Mic quality in this video just brought a new mic and have not yet optimised it , i did not realise it was so sensitive. 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In my opinion, the server has taken a different route from what I remember in 2014/15. I do believe the accepted standard of roleplay has dropped significantly and there is more pride in winning a gunfight nowadays. It's not just the police, I believe everyone has had to adapt to a decreasing standard of roleplay. I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing, I just tend to see more hardcore rebel/police RP then I do fireman and fisherman RP. It's just different.

Also, you were roleplaying a fire at the RBA which must have been done so many times over the past few years that police don't really treat it as an original RP story. 

Mate i have been here since 2014 as well and i can tell you right fucking now that RP have improved immensely over the years.

Sure rebels are still rebels that want a gunfight but there are those that knows that it's all about RP.

The only difference i can see is in the police force, back in the days we put RP above everything else, even when it came to police rules, but times have changed and now it's more about put our police handbook first then add a little bit of RP at the side to satisfy the civilian. (We have to remain professional, and we all hate the professional police grunts) But alas, we are still a police force and have to abide by the guidelines put in front of us. 

What you consider bad RP is what our superiors consider job well done in a sense, it's a matter of perspective really.

What i have learned over these years is that nobody wants to loose, everybody wants to win, wants to show who's the boss, they can't see RP is two sided, pleasure both sides, i always enjoy being the little one that "looses" but still give em RP. 

Essentially it's a dick contest. 

Don't give up, go out there and make a RP adventure and

Never forget, #RPEverything! 

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Eggplant
Reactions: L1L
As an SI in the police force I am going to say this with hopefully a follow up from others that we pride ourselves on Roleplay.  Yes there are gunfights but we do what we can first to defuse a situation. 

As an SI in the police force I am going to say this with hopefully a follow up from others that we pride ourselves on Roleplay.  Yes there are gunfights but we do what we can first to defuse a situation. 
Yea I'm not in cops anymore but I'll definitely back u up in this. As an ex-SI the main agenda was always Roleplay, gunfights came second. Since I joined in 2016 I haven't seen too much of a change in RP however I think there has been an increase in trigger happy gangs from what I've noticed and heard. At the end of the day there will always be Roleplay and equally there will always be gunfights. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back