What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Dodgy doctor weekly/monthly rotations

Rock ares

Banned
Hello all, recently within my Roleplay experiences i have noticed that the dodgy doctors haven't been used as much due to them being rotated every restart. 

I feel like this has prevented a lot of the roleplay which dodgy doctors have provided before such as people downing gang leaders/important people who we are wanting to keep alive to further Roleplay with them and continue a story line.

Examples of how dodgy doctors can further roleplay:

- A gang member gets taken to a dodgy doctor and the gang which he is apart of goes looking for them which can create more roleplay scenarios. 

- A shootout occurs between 2 gangs and the police see the winning gang take the victims away. The police can then check dodgy doctor locations to try and recover the people that have been taken which can create scenarios for the police as well. 

- A friendship group gets in possession of a downed person which has a weapon on them and they are wanting to take advantage of it to either improve their characters assets or to gain access to something which they cannot access due to not being in a whitelisted gang or faction and they cannot find it due to it changing every restart. I feel like this will spoil a new avenue of RP to people which are new to the server.

I feel like this has also made people end the roleplay situations that could have happened if dodgy doctors were still accessible as they were before. I know for a fact that people hate losing their items to other people so i feel people will be more inclined to "bleed to death" so that they cannot make it to the dodgy doctor and end the roleplay in a car. I personally think that someone bleeding out in a car to end the roleplay is quite boring for both parties. 

This is why i feel like this is a good idea to rotate the dodgy doctors either weekly or every month which allows people to have a chance to further roleplay by using them 

Pros:

- More roleplay scenarios for most people within the server 

- Adds element of excitement when you find who you are looking for at the dodgy doctor. 

- Lets people continue RP instead of people bleeding out and ending RP because you cannot find the dodgy. 

- After 2 gangs have had an altercation It makes more sense within RP for a gang/faction to go to a dodgy doctor instead of going to pillbox where you will be treated "professionally" and have a GP taking your items. It makes even more sense for a gang/faction to go to a remote location instead of going to a hospital where there is a high chance police will be there. 

Cons: 

- Dev work 

- allows people to avoid going to pillbox due to the risk of losing your items however this can be easily counteracted by the chance of being able to die at the dodgy doctor 

Gangsta Rockus signing out:🦑

200.gif
200.gif
200.gif

Didn't know that the dodgy doctors rotated now (Yes I know, living under a stone), but, I think it shouldn't be that easy to find. 
The dodgy doctors rotating will enhance the RP for gangs and police, and also make both gangs and police needing to be active on the lookout for them, and not just "check" every dodgy we know of if someone is kidnapped etc. 

-1 dodgy doctors should be hard to find and should be a last resort to use due to the risk that you can die, I think this suggestion is more about saving guns and taking guns off people than actually having better RP

Last edited by a moderator:
-1 having played crim the last couple months pretty solidly I’ve found the most enjoyable parts of the game are those high pressure moments when there’s a lot of risk and the rotating dodgy doctors add to that especially since I’ve lost a fairly expensive gun to pillbox too.
It also balances out you taking someone to dodgy them and a large gang checking 4/5 locations in 5 mins and finding you… 

You can go scouting and learn the locations of dodgies which will make it easier on you. 

+1 , I personally think not knowing where the dodgies are every storm has removed a decent amount of RP from after situations. 

I’ve personally experienced being downed in a car and my kidnapper not knowing where to take me so I was left to bleed out in his car. 

and I know we’ve planned to dodgy people to take them somewhere for interrogation once they’re up but they’ve bleed out due to us not knowing where the dodgies are.

I think every storm is abit excessive to change the location. 

+1ish, Kinda agree but maybe make it that the dodgy doctor moves every 24hrs rather than every storm

Come on mate, you know there is only 1 reason we use dodgy doctors....

Originally i didnt agree with how often they rotated when this first got implemented and thought it should be like every 2 days or something like that but tbh now actually experiencing this new style of rotation i actually dont mind it now and think its fine maybe its just me because i like going around the map searching for new stuff but i feel like its more dynamic and rewarding imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like going around the map searching for new stuff but i feel like its more dynamic and rewarding imo.
with this part i agree with you but whenever i do find them i never actually have a chance to use them to further my RP. whats the point of searching them if they are gonna change every couple hours

-1, I'd rather they continued to rotate every restart but perhaps put in a mechanic at some cost to assist in locating the doctors in a vague way.  Such as a doctor outside of pillbox the same as the  SGT outside of MRPD.

Cryptic messages such as 'A small town with a history of stabbings', for stab city.

Back