What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

don’t allow firearms to be undercover

Omizz

Banned
in many occasions firearms get out of their official clothing and go dress in civ outfits just to see people doing criminal shit

then they put on their head armour and police equipment with the help of one bind and start sticking people up 

this is cid’s job to be undercover 

i do this because I want my rp community to thrive! please upvote and let me know what you think in the comments down below 👇 

There's already a suggestion up discussing whether people should be able to put their equipment on with one bind. I also don't believe it is/should be only CIDS job to be undercover, plain clothes officers exist irl and having plain clothed officers/ undercover police around means people have to be more careful with who they interact with and if anything opens up more roleplay with people having to make sure the people they deal with are not undercover police, removing a large chunk of officers ability to go undercover I feel will just if anything remove roleplay scenarios from happening as often.

I got to admit though let’s be realistic where is the officer carrying it all? Big AR vest Helmet you do have a point on this.

Should it not then go both ways? where are gangs carrying their larger guns when a blacked out guy in shorts pulls a fullsize shotgun out of his pocket XD? their head armour when they don't have it on etc, I do see your point but I feel theres better ways to go around it rather than just saying no undercovers, maybe they can only change into their uniform from their vehicle getting it out the trunk.

90% of ppl in MOCU are CID officers who got AFO training
This is entirely wrong.

I got to admit though let’s be realistic where is the officer carrying it all? Big AR vest Helmet you do have a point on this.
There's a reason why we carry bags. 

Plain-clothed Firearms exist and are often enough without markings until they need it, i.e. a hat.

If you want to get rid of that then what's to say we can't get rid of the fact that gang members get out of colours and start shooting people?

As much as I understand your frustrations, how about you do criminal activities more discreetly and not so openly? 🙂

Hello, police main here.

I entirely understand the frustration that you are having. However, let me try and explain it from a police POV. 
Myself and @Simon MacMillanis MOCU command, which is a better-equipped version of CID, at least in terms of equipment, and that's merely down to how said unit operates. MOCU operates on a more proactive deployment than reactive like other units. This means we essentially utilize plain clothes and personal vehicles to gather intelligence. Depending on the offense, we might go around the corner, equip our equipment, and try and apprehend said individual(s), which either start a gunfight or not. Within the unit, we have certain regulations on how we should utilize these things, and trust me when I say this, we are extremely strict on how we deploy these assets.
Now, an important thing to note. Unlike CID, MOCU can only effectively target one, at most two, groups at a time. However, we rarely do anything other than observe and collect. Yes, if a gunfight kicks off between police and said gang, we'll assist, however, very rarely do we do so.

Within MOCU are both members of Firearms, CID, and RPU. So, we're essentially a joint venture between the 3 specialized units. Yes, being part of MOCU means AFO training, however, once passed, they're restricted in terms of what weapons they can use. In other words, only people in MOCU, who can use ARs are permanent firearms, rest is stuck with SMGs. The reasoning behind it is quite simple. MOCU's job is to gather intelligence during a heated situation, which sometimes means a gunfight is about to kick off, hence the AFO training. So, we need to be equipped to handle it, but unlike firearms as a unit, MOCU works more like CID and rarely gets into gunfights. 

And, believe it or not, clothing, whether UC or not, has regulations. And these regulations everyone has to follow. And, before the last update, a dead giveaway was the duffel bag, since that was our only option, however, that's now been expanded. 

This is important to note. In total 5 people within firearms can authorize plain clothes firearms. These 5 are myself and Simon, alongside the 3 firearms INS. The majority of the time, the plainclothes officers that you see, are MOCU. People who are CI+ can also authorize it, but that rarely happens.

In terms of equipping items with a key bind. I, once again, entirely understand the frustration. However, here's how we use it. 
- When going to a situation, where police are being engaged, etc.
- If needed while on deployment, where we prefer to do it by our vehicle and/or in a place, where no one can see us. In other words, you won't see us run around a corner, and then 2 seconds after run back out to shoot. We run around a corner, wait a few seconds, so we're all ready, and then run out as a group.

Hopefully I covered everything in the original post, and if not, feel free to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why most the replies are people just flipping this onto criminal stuff?

If you feel like there is a problem and have a suggestion, put one up! 

If you want to get rid of that then what's to say we can't get rid of the fact that gang members get out of colours and start shooting people?
What?! The police aren't a gang and should stop being treated as one, these are TWO entirely different things. 

As much as I understand your frustrations, how about you do criminal activities more discreetly and not so openly? 🙂
This is such a narrow minded view. Gangs hide out of colours because police are way too hard on them. Look at now compared to back in the day. You have 20-30 police turn up to anything involving a gang member along with a blackhawk and an MRAP. Also your logic is if a gang member can do so should i be able too. You are a cop not a gang member. See them all the time blacked out or civ clothes pull out a sig and start shooting and half the time gang members dont even know if its a cop or not so they dont shoot because the second you shoot a cop the whole force has the right to shoot (which is fair). 

Your second point you want crims to be more discreet if they are always discreet in the way you want them to be then police will never see crime and have nothing to do at all and then cry crims hide away and run and refuse to roleplay with cops. 

idk why ur saying we like this is some suggestion war between feds n crims 

Back