What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Downloading mission file before opening game.

I was wondering if there's a download available for the mission file so I can download and install it before opening the game (If possible). The issue I have is this, my internet isn't the best but providing I'm not using more than 1.5 megabits my latency stays low < 80. However when I start using more bandwidth than then it skyrockets up into the hundreds or thousands. I've been playing on the server with no issues for about a week however earlier at midnight the server was down for about 30 minutes while I presume it was being updated. Unfortunately after 3 hours of trying to download the mission data the server kicks me presumably, for having a latency that is too high every time (While still downloading mission data). It's impossible for me to get on so is there another way of downloading this data?

I was wondering if there's a download available for the mission file so I can download and install it before opening the game (If possible). The issue I have is this, my internet isn't the best but providing I'm not using more than 1.5 megabits my latency stays low < 80. However when I start using more bandwidth than then it skyrockets up into the hundreds or thousands. I've been playing on the server with no issues for about a week however earlier at midnight the server was down for about 30 minutes while I presume it was being updated. Unfortunately after 3 hours of trying to download the mission data the server kicks me presumably, for having a latency that is too high every time (While still downloading mission data). It's impossible for me to get on so is there another way of downloading this data?
Atm there is no way to do it except for through the game 😞

Atm there is no way to do it except for through the game 😞
Is it not possible for somebody else to send me the mission data so I can manually place it where it needs to be or does that not work? Another flaw with that is that the only other person I know who plays on the server is away for 2 weeks. I've managed to get to around 40,000 out of 53000 KB by running Youtube in the background which somehow gives me more time before being kicked but after 7 hours and 41 minutes of trying still no luck.

Is it not possible for somebody else to send me the mission data so I can manually place it where it needs to be or does that not work? Another flaw with that is that the only other person I know who plays on the server is away for 2 weeks. I've managed to get to around 40,000 out of 53000 KB by running Youtube in the background which somehow gives me more time before being kicked but after 7 hours and 41 minutes of trying still no luck.
I don’t think you can download it any other way, because in the same way when the mission file is updated you have all the hw are data already installed just some is edited yet you have to reinstall it all. Has to be done through game afak and there isn’t any ther way around it currently 

I don’t think you can download it any other way, because in the same way when the mission file is updated you have all the hw are data already installed just some is edited yet you have to reinstall it all. Has to be done through game afak and there isn’t any ther way around it currently 
Well, I almost had it. Was at 52000 then got kicked.... Literally another 10 seconds and I would have been good.....

There's actually a way, But In this way, For example, I have to upload the Mission file for you and you have to download it and put it in your own MP mission file folder to be more specific you have to open up your Windows Search>> Search Run>> Search %appdata% in your run>>go one folder back, go to Local>>Arma3>>MPMissionsCache<< In there you can find the mission file, This Guide is for Your friends or who ever wants to upload it for you, Then you can download it and paste it there. Let me know if that helped you 🙂

hmmmm.PNG

hmmm2.PNG

hmmmm3.PNG

hmmmmmmmmmmmm4.PNG

It should be something like this.

And it Use to be like that for me as well as they all said It's your connection problem Im assuming when you press download your ping is gonna go higher than 300, That could be the reason so the best way is to get a better internet otherwise It's a bit Hard to do it on every single update so my suggestion is to just buy a new Internet but that way can still help I've tested it and there was no problem with it. But It's not written down by the company itself. 

and you need to know as I said it up there This is the way I Tried it when I had a Bad connection and it worked but it's not from the company or from any other source.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the unwritten test, if your connection cannot download the mission file before being kicked then it's simply not good enough.

I have been kicked while downloading the mission file a few times without it stating that it's my connection.
I have glass fiber & low ping.

Eventually because of pure luck I managed to download it fully and quite rapidly too.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7628971220 < Internet speed

And it Use to be like that for me as well as they all said It's your connection problem Im assuming when you press download your ping is gonna go higher than 300, That could be the reason so the best way is to get a better internet otherwise It's a bit Hard to do it on every single update so my suggestion is to just buy a new Internet but that way can still help I've tested it and there was no problem with it. But It's not written down by the company itself. 

and you need to know as I said it up there This is the way I Tried it when I had a Bad connection and it worked but it's not from the company or from any other source.
Unfortunately it's not a case of purchasing new internet. I live in the middle of nowhere, in rural Scotland. I'm on a 5 mile long exchange-only copper line and the 3 megabits we are getting is quite fast around this area. We can't get any sort of mobile broadband connection as there is no coverage by the  mobile network and satellite internet, while having decent bandwidth, is no good due to the extremely high latency resulting from the data going 22,000 miles into space and back.

I have been kicked while downloading the mission file a few times without it stating that it's my connection.
I have glass fiber & low ping.

Eventually because of pure luck I managed to download it fully and quite rapidly too.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7628971220 < Internet speed
You ain't got nothing on the 80 year old copper lines. I got you beat any day http://www.speedtest.net/result/7633710364

Back