What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Drug Manufacturing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santo

Wiki Editor
Unlinked
Drug Manufacturing

As of right now making money through drugs is very easy and requires little skill, all you need to do is find the location either with money or time spent just looking, drugs are supposed to be something that is high risk and high reward the current state of the server does not reflect that, you can easily make 30K+ in less than an hour, as such i suggest the way drug runs are set out should be changed, what i suggest is as follows:

Weed Runs
Weed runs should remain the same and act as an entry into the drug trade, this being all locations visible on the map and a medium length run however the payout should be low.

The following runs are where I think the most change should be.

Meth Runs
I propose for meth runs that it should become more complex and cost more initially to get into the trade however the payout should be greater than weed, by this i mean:

-Firstly, you should find a supply of pseudoephedrine as you currently do this could remain as wash up pseudoephedrine on beaches or, to make it more difficult, boxes of pseudoephedrine that have been ditched from a plane some place on the map.

-Secondly, you should purchase a medium sized warehouse, in the price range of 100-130k, this would act as the center of your operation and can be raided by the police, lost MC and other players, after all the drug trade is lucrative and all criminals want a piece, in this warehouse you would have to setup your own processor by purchasing the required machines/lab equipment and transporting them to the warehouse.

-Thirdly, once you have set up your processor and found a supply of pseudoephedrine you can begin creating your product which can be sold at the current drug dealers.

Coke Runs
I propose a similar system for coke runs however the coca plants shouldn't be something you find, instead something you grow the process should be the same as the Meth run however a ‘Large’ warehouse will be required as you'll need extra space to grow the plants as a result the payout should be the greatest of the three runs.

To conclude I think right now it's too easy to make money through illegal means, too many people are doing it and too many people are doing it without issues or hindrance. I also hope that what i have outlined above will enable player markets to be formed as players can ‘rent’ out their processor to others for a fee which would also increase RP as a whole (it may also be worthwhile making the warehouses limited in number so not everyone can just save up for a warehouse).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think something like this has to be done as the current meta is unsustainable.

What seems to be happening at the moment is a loop of this:
      - Meth field moves cause too many people know the location
      - New location is quiet for a couple hours
      - The new location spreads like wildfire
      - Everyone farms it for a day or two
      - Meth field moves cause too many people know the location

This is an amazing idea. As said above, if there isn't a change to the current way things are going then we are going to end up with a similar economy as Altis where no one values their life and everyone has weapons. 

Cracking idea but getting it implemented might be a struggle poor old dev team probably got about 100 other things they want to implement before hand. 

Cracking idea but getting it implemented might be a struggle poor old dev team probably got about 100 other things they want to implement before hand. 
I do fully agree, however, the economy of the server should be a priority. I am not saying this idea must be implemented, but something must been done asap before the gap between rich players and new players becomes to large and we get Altis 2.0.

Weed Runs
Weed runs should remain the same and act as an entry into the drug trade, this being all locations visible on the map and a medium length run however the payout should be low.
What i marked in red is the problem i have with your idea. Everything else i fully agree with.

Realistically why would a weed field, Processor and money launderer be public knowledge? The first thing you should be doing when you join the server is legal runs. This is so 1. You promote good and friendly RP and 2. Becuase doing illegal activities should be something you work towards, this is only my opinion.

Why make black market and Meth invisible and make weed visible? It shouldn't be visible to the public, if it's illegal you should have to find it within RP. If it is Public, then the police should also be able to see everything (They shouldn;t be able to).

In real life you know where legal jobs are, you can use phone books, news ads and government agencies (Job Centre) ect.

When do you ever walk around, look at a map and go "Oh look a cannabis field, oh look a processing plant". It makes little sense. Yes, it's a game, but this is something fairly simple to do and makes a lot of sense within RP. If getting into illegal activities you should first and foremost make connections with people involved in the criminal underworld, this creates solid RP.
I joined the server, first thing i did was go to the weed field and make money in a truck the i stole. it's too easy.

What do you think?

What i marked in red is the problem i have with your idea. Everything else i fully agree with.

Realistically why would a weed field, Processor and money launderer be public knowledge? The first thing you should be doing when you join the server is legal runs. This is so 1. You promote good and friendly RP and 2. Becuase doing illegal activities should be something you work towards, this is only my opinion.

Why make black market and Meth invisible and make weed visible? It shouldn't be visible to the public, if it's illegal you should have to find it within RP. If it is Public, then the police should also be able to see everything (They shouldn;t be able to).

In real life you know where legal jobs are, you can use phone books, news ads and government agencies (Job Centre) ect.

When do you ever walk around, look at a map and go "Oh look a cannabis field, oh look a processing plant". It makes little sense. Yes, it's a game, but this is something fairly simple to do and makes a lot of sense within RP. If getting into illegal activities you should first and foremost make connections with people involved in the criminal underworld, this creates solid RP.
I joined the server, first thing i did was go to the weed field and make money in a truck the i stole. it's too easy.

What do you think?
You make a good point, and know that i think about it i agree with you any form of entry into the criminal world should be difficult and earned through making contacts.

Possibly using the following locations could be cool:
Meth Lab:
Breaking-Bad-Superlab-Reference-GTA-V-Easter-Eggs.jpg

Cocaine Lockup:
maxresdefault.jpg

(I believe there are 2 variations of the cocaine lockup. The one which we are using for the current cocaine processor then this one or vice versa)

Weed Farm:
weed_business_thumbnail.jpg

These are all available IPLs.

I like this idea to be fair, the only part I'd change is possibly having a public weedfield be hidden and pay less than a better strain of own grown stuff, or similar. 

Would the properties be similar to housing where 1 location on the map = that place it taken, or is it everyone goes to the same place similar to current money wash and we all enter the same door but go to our own area etc. Also how would a player and police go about raiding a property? Need ideas

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this idea to be fair, the only part I'd change is possibly having a public weedfield be hidden and pay less than a better strain of own grown stuff, or similar. 

Would the properties be similar to housing where 1 location on the map = that place it taken, or is it everyone goes to the same place similar to current money wash and we all enter the same door but go to our own area etc. Also how would a player and police go about raiding a property? Need ideas
Id say they'd be like houses, 1 location=that place being taken and there being only a limited number so not everyone can save up and buy one. Id say for police they'd have to gain intel over a long period of time and get a warrant from a court (when and if that ever becomes a thing) for civs maybe they'd need to somehow find some kind of tool/device that would let them break in this tool/device being something that would spawn in a random place every now and again maybe only one at a time (to stop people non stop raiding properties for a fight)

Due to amount of Yes votes accepted. Not all in your suggestion gonna be implanted but i know is in the pipe work to be made

Adding dev ref: #283

There are projects around this in the works.

They might not 100% hit the mark of the suggestion, but we are working on moving away from the current system.

Hi, thank you all for your suggestions! We've now since the latest update changed a lot of drugs after what the community wants to see. Moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back