What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

drug selling hotspots

Nikolai

Busy CoC man
Staff Team
Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police Trainer
Brief Summary:

give a hotspot each restart on the map to sell drugs

Detailed Suggestion:

posted this idea as a suggestion somewhere else and a few people seemed to like it, so might aswell make it it's own suggestion.
basically what i'm thinking is to make a "hotspot" on the map where drug selling gives more profit per sale, though it comes with a higher risk. IE. every sale you do gives police a warning(or something like it)

The Pros:

just like shark pools it adds a extra area with extra risk, and gives a place where people may meet to chat, or just sell
New dynamic

The Cons:

possibly removes taxing from certain gangs
stretches police more out than it already it is

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 seems like a great idea

would make people go to different drug selling areas instead of sticking to 1 spot every time thus increasing interactions

Although I like the high risk; high reward idea, I can see this becoming a problem for police dispatches. 

This can be good for early hours when there is little to do, but for peak hours like after 8pm restart, it can quickly become irritating and quickly fills the dispatch system.
Unless there is a filter (one dispatch for all sellers) or it is more of a time-based system, I’d think the problems outweigh the benefits. 

Although I like the high risk; high reward idea, I can see this becoming a problem for police dispatches. 

This can be good for early hours when there is little to do, but for peak hours like after 8pm restart, it can quickly become irritating and quickly fills the dispatch system.
Unless there is a filter (one dispatch for all sellers) or it is more of a time-based system, I’d think the problems outweigh the benefits. 
could always be altered to(if possible)

if x sales happen in area send dispatch.

i defo agree with you, having a dispatch at every sale could become annoying and problematic for police, the idea is up for changing, and what i typed can be changed to fit what makes sense server wise

Glad you raised it again Nikolai.

This was my original thread that got rejected due to negative voting. Maybe not the best idea in initial principle but it was a starting point for discussion (which didnt really happen sadly) yet the crims all want to complain things are getting stale on the server. I fully support the idea suggested above. Notifications for such, however, might be a bit trickier to blend in to rp.

Great idea tbh. +1, it's definitely worth looking into. I agree with the comments made about the dispatches, having every drug sale show up on the dispatch system would become tiresome. The police should be able to figure out which area is more profitable at that time organically due to all the foot traffic and presence in the area, it wouldn't be too hard.

+1 really like this idea, would be good for people who are starting to sell drugs who can’t afford tax. 

Looking at it from a gang/group perspective, some drug locations are chaotic af already. So maybe add areas that aren’t already known hot spots to combat that? I can’t imagine like 50 people up on the hill for us. A) tax would be a nightmare to manage. 2) we’ve seen how chaotic it gets when we have around 10 people 😂

Really good idea otherwise! A new area each storm also may stop the police just “hanging around” turfs waiting to see handshakes, like they do.

Make the hotspots night clubs. Put pedestrians in there so that drug sales are much more realistic. People can blend into the nightclubs and they can become actual community gathering places, like people would do IRL. Hey wait... thats an idea! 

+1 Particularly with @William Antrimidea as it makes a more unique selling space and also mean that there is the added risk of not being able to use the current drug selling meta to contrast the advantage of not being taxed.

Back