What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Drugs - some recommended changes

William Antrim

I want to propose a few small changes/additions to the drug selling element of the city currently. These changes shouldnt make much difference to the economy but will give us some much needed variety hopefully. 

Pharmacy robbery mechanic

Please increase the amount of precursor materials available through the pharmacy (double or triple what is currently on offer but keep each total  <100 overall). Possibly reintroduce Humane labs/other locations to also rob for precursor materials. There are Dollar Pills shops on route 68, Paleto bay and a few other places. All of these could also be used as a potential secondary source. 

Heroin

Possibly add a prescription mechanic (like a license) to the hospital so that we can legally buy some of the medicines etc that are needed. Therefore we would be able to go to the hospital and RP with the clinical staff to gain a legal prescription and thus buy some medicines over the counter. For example morphine as a painkiller. Gives hospital/NHS staff more RP. 

Weed/Coke/Crack - fix the bonus but possibly change the sale amount to match the amount of packages sold as a multiple? (ie sell 2 get £1000 sell 3 get £1500 + bonus). This may be contentious due to the economic flux and may be difficult to do I dont know. 

Ecstacy/LSD - add the precursor materials to allow us to craft these items. Prices should be in line with med grade meth due to the risks involved. 

Meth - give the gangs access to crafting benches to cook high grade meth (increased interaction between gangs and affiliates) instead of medium, have 1 single medium grade meth lab in the island and upgrade the amount of money meth gives. Have multiple low grade meth cooking sites (significantly reduce the precursor materials to make this) so that low grade meth basically becomes more akin to weed in terms of production costs. Just have it use ephedrine and water for example whereas the med/high grade needs additional precursor materials but comes with a significantly higher reward. 

Meth cooking is the most complex process at present (alongside heroin) but it provides some great RP for the right people. It is generally (from my experience) frowned upon at present because other alternatives are much easier to procure and produce and make far more money. The opportunity cost just isnt there. 

If meth cooking (low grade) could become industrialised in this way it would provide more opportunity to spread the Police/CID/NPAS/whoever across the island instead of concentrating in the city. It would provide a rich alternative to get house > grow weed > buy coke > fight. This seems to be the current process for many "new" players. 

There are already groups in existence who could/would fit this meth cooking RP brilliantly. I wont name drop but I think they know who they are.  

Sales areas:  possibly consider thematic sales areas, keep all existing mechanics for sales of drugs on "turfs" as this allows gangs to interact with the general population, this is much needed IMO. However, potentially consider the sales of acid/coke/ecstacy in the night clubs and bars around the city, this would happen IRL. It would also give the bar and nightclub owners some more opportunity to RP with the club patrons - possibly hire door/bar staff for the night club even? Actual players i mean. Have events running and people can RP with the staff to bring their drugs into the club somehow, or be searched at the door and handed over to the police. Its all RP at the end of the day. We already have the search function so why not put it to good use. The clubs are underutilised massively also. This would be a small change which would instantly make the clubs a much more sought after business and potentially give rise to some awesome RP opportunities akin to real world practices. 

Also PLEASE if this idea takes off FILL The nightclubs with people!  

Edit 1: Please note, nightclub staff would get a notification on their phones that people are selling on their turf - akin to the shop robbery at the moment - this would allow them to go to the location and RP with the scallywags. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

These recommendations are in no way intended to break the economic status quo - i have purposely not included prices of drugs into this idea because it is not intended to be a get rich quick scheme. I would be happy if the additional drugs were paying similar amounts to the current ones. I would just like to get away from the current meta of "get bike > sell drugs" when there is so much more that can absolutely be done with drugs in this game. 

I am not in any way encouraging or advocating kids to try to smuggle drugs into nightclubs because that would be hypocritical but we have this rich world to play in and with a few minor additions it would be so much richer in terms of content whilst not screwing the economy. It may also help the police to go to nightclub raids along with house raids and all of the other stuff. 

Cooperative nightclub owners can also shop people in obviously if they find a rival dealer on their patch etc etc. 

Does this break the economy: no honestly, its fucking brilliant. 

🙂

W

Last edited by a moderator:
I think these are some great ideas that have clearly had a lot of thought go into them,

Big +1 from me!

+1 Drugs imo are dead RP. Sit on a motorbike and spam locals till you sell and that's it. So any change to bring some fun into it and some roleplay is a great idea

Holy Fuckberries you got me at small changes! +1 I'm in.

Back