What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Drugs - Territory Prices.

HitAndStand

Brief Summary:

Protecting your Turf from people selling on it drives the prices up in your area
Futhermore, each gang has a drug they specialize in, with a changing of flavour for each week/restart w/e 
Also, just fix the selling animation so you don't die selling drugs as often. 

Detailed Suggestion:

I think it shouldn't be the case that you can just let anybody sell on your turf without repercussions. Making it so the less people sell drugs on your turf, the more the drugs are worth on your turf. Making it so gangs actually want to protect there turf and only offer people to sell on their turf for a return. (Maybe even have certain houses you're able to sell too in the area.)

I also think each gang should have a drug only they can produce and rotating each restart/week the drugs shift to different prices, making it so more people will come buy different drugs from other gangs offering more RP scenearios.

The Pros:

- Increased RP
- More interaction at turfs
- Making drug busts more inclusive for Police

- Making different areas of the map more active

The Cons:
- Control of certain drugs can create conflicts 

- How do you control which gangs have which drugs?

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?
No, I don't believe it changes an awful lot. Just increases the ammount of RP for the server.

Imo this should be the other way around. We want more people to come to turf, more people to sell on turf without repercussions so non gang members can interact more with gang members and create more RP situations. If gangs protect their turf and discourage people from coming/ selling there, then there would be less chances to create RP situations because people would just be afraid to come to anyone's turf. There would be balancing issues because lets say lots of people sell on this turf, the prices would go down. So people would go to another turf and then inflate the prices there. I've met lots of people who sell drugs and chill on turf and because of that I made new friends even new allies/ gang members. I feel like the drug price system right now isnt bad and it definitely should not be treated like its a luxury (less people sell, prices go up, meaning you only allow certain people to sell.). You would have to say "Nah you cant sell here we want to keep the prices high so we only let x amount of people sell here". That screams get off my turf go away hence discouraging any RP situations that could've happen. Maybe the prices need tweaking, maybe the different drugs would be a good idea, but I dont think the "less people sell, higher prices" one should be a thing. This is my personal opinion 🙂 

@Ravenz_Go I get your point, but I think you're mistaking RP for a social situation? 
Like don't get me wrong, I'm sure its nice seeing people and having a laugh with them, but it isn't very "gang" like.

Idk, I feel like real RP situations would come out of my asked improvements instead of just increased social events.

It isnt just about the civs selling on turf. Bear in mind gang members will want to sell the drugs for the civs to sell. If less people come to turf then less chances for the gangs to sell their drugs. The drug business is all about connections, which happens mostly when people come to turf to buy them. Gangs dont go in the city and advertise their drug business to people, people come to the gangs to buy them. Its up to the gang if they want to sell it or not. Currently all gangs have access to the same drugs and they set their own prices so its up to them how they want to sell it. Equal chances for all gangs and up to the civs who to buy from. And obviously after buying from that gang, you could choose to sell on their turf or go sell on another gangs turf. The different RP situations will come depending on their choices, how they talk, how they react etc. Creating your own RP scenario is in my opinion better than an RP situation based on "drug price meta" which you suggested (drug price changes depending on how many people sell on that turf). I get your point and I hope you get mine. Maybe someone else can share their thoughts on this and give a better idea/ suggestion ? 

Back