What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Durability of Vehicles

ErnieW

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Brief Summary:
Increase the durability of vehicles.

Detailed Suggestion:
The damage a vehicle can withstand before being disabled feels too unforgiving. I think the durability of every vehicle should be increased to stop vehicles from breaking down as easily. Right now it feels silly with how fast and easy it is for your car to be badly damaged. More often than not a police pursuit is cut short because of an accidental desync ram that disables either vehicle, if the goal of a police pursuit is for both sides to have fun then this change is necessary. With the change, the police have more time in pursuits to use their training and resources and the pursued can enjoy the longer chase without having it be cut short by server lag or a small collision. 

At the moment it feels like constantly I am having to pull over and repair my vehicles. Having to constantly repair your vehicle is frustrating, tedious and adds nothing to the roleplay on the server. 

Would be interested to hear everyone's opinions on this, for or against.

The Pros: 
Just better
More forgiving
Less tedious

The Cons:

Does this suggestion change balance on the server?:
No

Agreed, sometimes even just driving certain vehicles just break down with no collisions

+1

Would be nice to see but I think this will also cause an uprising in ramming as well as high speed crashes. As long as people don't continue to cut police chases short and these changes are made to elongate chases it'd be a great change for the server. 

People complain about not having things to do and when people are cutting chases short by auth'ing TC at first chance you wonder why. I hope this brings back the fun in police vs gang and gang vs gang chases.

+1 would like to see this both for owned (upgraded with armour) and local vehicles. Cars without armour feel like they break down after 1 little collisions sometimes. 

+1 - would likely lead to a wider variety of cars being used for different things too, as (as far as I can tell) different cars seem to have different durabilities.

My old Evo X was made out of paper.

Brief Summary:
Increase the durability of vehicles.

Detailed Suggestion:
The damage a vehicle can withstand before being disabled feels too unforgiving. I think the durability of every vehicle should be increased to stop vehicles from breaking down as easily. Right now it feels silly with how fast and easy it is for your car to be badly damaged. More often than not a police pursuit is cut short because of an accidental desync ram that disables either vehicle, if the goal of a police pursuit is for both sides to have fun then this change is necessary. With the change, the police have more time in pursuits to use their training and resources and the pursued can enjoy the longer chase without having it be cut short by server lag or a small collision. 

At the moment it feels like constantly I am having to pull over and repair my vehicles. Having to constantly repair your vehicle is frustrating, tedious and adds nothing to the roleplay on the server. 

Would be interested to hear everyone's opinions on this, for or against.

The Pros: 
Just better
More forgiving
Less tedious

The Cons:

Does this suggestion change balance on the server?:
No

I feel it is balanced overall and it helps the economy. It will cut down the amount of roleplay involved around the mechanics in the server which could be the downfall of AE and other garages in the city. If you crash your car IRL a little bump can cause your car to stop working, I feel it is already realistic of how it is

+1 all for this, would make police chases so much more fun if they lasted long and like you say had to use there training/ resources. Don't have to be a stupid increase just so you can take about 5-6 decent hits before you start smoking, something similar to how the alfa or a happy middle ground.

+1 Be Nice to have some police chases that last longer than 12 seconds and make racing actually possible after getting hit by a random lampost and out of the race

Can barely get from Mara turf to Smeltery with a Benson without breaking down. Feel like there should be less damage when hitting props at least, a solid wall I can get. But hitting a fence or a barrel shouldn't break it down as fast. +1!

Personally speaking as person that’s put myself in multiple police chases,(Some quite literally lasting 45min) I feel the current meta is balanced, but I have noticed some cars break faster than others for example the local infernus will pretty much breakdown on its first impact whereas an alpha for example can take a ridiculous beating if not patched alrdy. 

if anything certain cars might just need readjusting that’s about it from what I remember.  Moving forward on that I think most cars should have similar damage multipliers rather than one car can x amount of damage, this would just allow to have everyone have the same chances, but in the instances of where vehicle might be an SUV, Off-Roader, or a car that just looks like it could take a beating these would have a lesser of a multiplier as they could absorb more impact making it logical. Please leave some opinions on this below.

from all the police chases I have had I’ve never really  experienced police going for TC’s yes there have sometimes been accidental collisions but at times even the police realise the mistake that occurred and can possibly allow you to repair.

I think this is a great idea!

I spend most my time these days cruising around on my R6, I've parked near the side of the road and the amount of times a lamppost has either fell onto my bike or someone knocked my bike parking next to me and it just breaks down is unreal. I've also hit the small signs (low speed) and it has broken down.

I don't for 1 minute think that making them more durable would take anything away from the RP. People would still need to use either repair kits or mechanics. A lot of people tend to use Mechanics and AE for the RP side of things anyway.

I'd like to add that with how much it costs to add armour onto vehicles it certainly feels like there is not a HUGE benefit from doing it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 but it should noted there are cons to this listed below

Cons:

Less repair/body/mechanical kits used (Potential economy/businesses affected)

Less usage of mechanical businesses in general (Why visit a mechanic when your car is still fine?)

Less realistic (Granted, not really a major thing as the aim is to make the server enjoyable for all, but is something to be considered within Roleplay)

Greater chance of Rocket League effect (More ramming in general from cop > crim and crim > crim as well)

and lastly, Balance which is the big one, adjusting damage modifiers whilst ensuring there is still a fair balance across the vehicle classes can be tricky to manage, overall it gets a plus one from me but keep the above cons of the suggestion in mind 🙂

I like the idea.

Maybe to balance it out a stalling/engine health system similar to other servers could be implemented? 

Means people still need to be careful and not recklessly ram or crash as there are consequences there, albeit not the same as before.

Back