What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

DVLA - A Driving Test for Baldies

MaxYeet

7b7d5c-Day.png

(https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/british-dvla-fivem-sp-mouchie)

We have driving licenses but no actual driving test.

I think it would be a cool idea to have driving tests for baldies to teach them the basics of driving: traffic laws, speed limits, which side of the road to drive etc. The amount of new people driving on the wrong side of the road going 100mph in Tornados/Lorries/Taxi's is insane. This mixed in with lag creates a lot of RVDM and accidents. A good idea which enhances roleplay could be a DVLA where you take a theory and practical (just like real life). Also, if you lose your driving license from the police, you need to-retake your test again.

You could do a driving test where you must abide the rules and after 5/10 minutes you get a drivers license. Same with commercial vehicles, except for you drive a HGV/Boxer Van. These lessons could be just a simple mission where you must go to checkpoints across the city, or an actual player instructor goes with you. This could open up to new whitelisted jobs and careers.

Pros:

• Enhances Roleplay
  • Teaches New Players the basic road laws
  • Potentially reduce RVDM
  • A engaging mini-game for new players
  • Possible new jobs for players (play as driving instructor)

Cons:

• Development work
  • Might need to rework first tutorial

Does this suggestion change the balanceI don't think so

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a good idea.

I seriously doubt it will - 99.9% of RVDM is done intentionally from what I've seen.
True, still could help reduce the amount of accidents, but I suppose this could be an RP issue

I like this idea - however seeing as new characters that spawn in the server are spawned in Sandy with a Tornado it wouldn't make too much sense if someone didn't have a license at that time.

Unless there was a way that the cut-scene carries onto the highway and the tornado breaks down and a NPC mechanic takes it away then offering a ride to your character and then drops you off at Legion. (However this seems a bit too add a lot more of developer work onto this suggestion)

If you find another location sure, but taking away the Morgue sounds awful, some great rp scenarios in there you'd take away from people

Possible new jobs for players (play as driving instructor)
"/ooc who can give me drivers license please and thanks"

good idea besides that though, could be fun

Why just for newbies? Wipe all the license (And gained points) (Totally don't have any myself.)

Let everyone take there test.
No thanks, needs to be staggered or you'll have 200 players trying to do it at once

Back