What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Dying in RP! New Process such as Comas etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow

Speaking to people within Police and I have come up with a suggestion to make injury more realistic within RPUK. For example if you were to be shot IRL you would potentially be in a coma or worse, however, time and time again we people within RPUK recoveringg from our injuries instantly and join the RP again.

A prime example of this would be yesterday. I had to perform a procedure with a Biro Pen on someone who had been shot multiple times and their lungs were filling with blood. The was no NHS so the person had to be put into pillbox but they were fine after and acted like they had no injuries surely we could have a process that cant leave the bed for a certain amount of time such as hours etc just to make the scenarios more realistic. It would promote RP such as visiting hours within the wards. People needing to go back into surgery due to complications and a number of other RP scenarios 

I'm confused as to what you are actually suggesting, you said you want comas but how would they work realistically? You can't move for a set amount of time? It sounds pretty boring if you might not have people around to visit you, even if you did you'd be confined to spectating whatever they do. If you want to RP a coma go for it but forcing people to do it would just be boring.

-1 I think the time in bed is enough and we already have rules in place to make sure people roleplay there injuries after getting up from pillbox or being revived by a medic.

• You have been given medical treatment and must continue to roleplay your injuries with the medical treatment in mind.

After watching Archies stream it looks like some major improvements to the medical system are on the way things that will help with this greatly, dunno why this is being downvoted More RP would be better would make people value their lives more. If it was up to me people would have a 24 hour cooldown on deaths before they can use their character again

Big -1 from me.

The timer in RPUK is already longer than any other server I've played. Forcing people into hospital beds because some trigger happy baldie has shot you into the head is way too far. Its already stated in rules and such to roleplay with any injuries in mind and thats down to the people themselves and forcing it upon everyone is honestly a terrible idea.

After watching Archies stream it looks like some major improvements to the medical system are on the way things that will help with this greatly, dunno why this is being downvoted More RP would be better would make people value their lives more. If it was up to me people would have a 24 hour cooldown on deaths before they can use their character again
I am against this, most people come here to roleplay but also to have FUN, i doubt that people having to wair 24 hours to play the character they love to play is something "fun" and also there is alot if problems that could arise with this such as for example the cops what do you do if all or most cops died in patrol throught the day?

There is Fun and realism together but making it to reallistic to a point of having a cooldown on even playing its way to reallistic and not fun.

I see this suggestion as being more of an headache than anything

Last edited by a moderator:
-1 I think the time in bed is enough and we already have rules in place to make sure people roleplay there injuries after getting up from pillbox or being revived by a medic.

• You have been given medical treatment and must continue to roleplay your injuries with the medical treatment in mind.
The point im trying to make is if your shot multiple times 15 minutes in pillbox isnt enough to let you get back into the fight

Given the current climate of the server I am going to downvote this. The server is heading on its way to mirroring Altis levels of violence. -1

The point im trying to make is if your shot multiple times 15 minutes in pillbox isnt enough to let you get back into the fight
15 minutes in prison is considered 15 "months". 
Maybe say that hospital time is the same?
Because it sure does feel like an eternity when laying there. Wouldn't want to be in a 5 hour long coma on top of that.

Sure realistically 15 minutes isn't realistic, but it's a game, it's not meant to be 100% realistic. It also isn't just 15 minutes, you have to wait 10 minutes per the NLR rule to fight, as well as spend time waiting for NHS or being treated all in all it can easily add up to over half an hour before you can be back in the fight.

Rejected - New medical system was implemented which has some long-lasting effects on your health

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back