What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Dying Light

Mellbak

Hey guys, I hope im not the only person in the community that have taking note to this game, ans now im asking for your opinion about it. I have read af few reviews, but i would like to know in general what the everyday "nerd" thinks of it. So if you by any chance have played this game, please let me know that you think about it.

Need to know before buying it my self.

It's polish i give 10/10 <3

And for real looks awesome,it hadn't any real launch issues and game is really cool as far as i saw.

I have it for ps4 if you liked dead island this destroys it, the free run is an amazing feature, you can't just run into hordes of zombies and expect to come out alive, sneaky and stealthy will be your friend, day time is relatively easy, night time, well if you dare walk the streets at night I hope you can run, and run fast, its heart pounding palm sweating and shit mother fucker omg scary as he'll, not to mention get 4 friends and play threw the story on co-op! Nice game epic graphics, zombies very well done! The free running is wow only thing for me that lets it down is there isn't a massive crafting table, 8/10

I have it for ps4 if you liked dead island this destroys it, the free run is an amazing feature, you can't just run into hordes of zombies and expect to come out alive, sneaky and stealthy will be your friend, day time is relatively easy, night time, well if you dare walk the streets at night I hope you can run, and run fast, its heart pounding palm sweating and shit mother fucker omg scary as he'll, not to mention get 4 friends and play threw the story on co-op! Nice game epic graphics, zombies very well done! The free running is wow only thing for me that lets it down is there isn't a massive crafting table, 8/10
I have a ps4 my self, hows the graphics?
And i found dead Island fun, but not impressive

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it on PC and play with my two brothers.

Combat is extremely fun & satisfying. Like Wolf said above, if you liked Dead Island then you will love this game. Spend most my time just hacking the sh*t out of zombies and seeing what limbs I can get off; you can get proper swarmed at times. The game has a new element to it once it is night time as well.

Goes with out saying that the story isn't amazing, however it is better than Dead Islands.

Ill be streaming this tonight for a while. My old graphics card really struggled with it (GTX 660 Ti) but my GTX 980 is handling it extremely well on ultra with the viewing distances up.

I have been enjoying the actual gameplay and kind of half listening to the story.

I'm loving the game but there is an issue with cut scenes and occasionally with the exploder zeds with lag and freezing. The devs are supposed to be working on this. It's not a game killer but it is a shame as I'm really enjoying it apart from the odd lock up. 

I'm loving the game but there is an issue with cut scenes and occasionally with the exploder zeds with lag and freezing. The devs are supposed to be working on this. It's not a game killer but it is a shame as I'm really enjoying it apart from the odd lock up.
Are you playing it on computer or ps4/xbox one?

I'm on PC. My card is getting on a bit but runs everything else without any issues and this game is perfect apart from the cut scenes and occasional lock up in game. I've got a GTX 760, all updated etc but after trawling the net it seems like an issue that everyone is suffering regardless of the card they are using and the devs are trying to fix it. 

I'm on PC. My card is getting on a bit but runs everything else without any issues and this game is perfect apart from the cut scenes and occasional lock up in game. I've got a GTX 760, all updated etc but after trawling the net it seems like an issue that everyone is suffering regardless of the card they are using and the devs are trying to fix it. 
I have a 770, I think it might be my CPU though. I was getting a lot of frame drops but I was running at a smooth 50-60fps, evertime I turned my head suddenly I would get framedrops. However I fixed this by dropping every setting down to the lowest, and the game still runs smooth and fine, and the graphics pretty much look exactly the same

Yeah, I saw on Total Biscuit's channel - The big killer is view distance. 

Mine is fine until the cut scenes and bloaters. I still love it though. 

This game is pretty much what dead island should have been, Glad it's finally done right though. We even got to keep the weird leg kicking animation so it's a win-win 

Turn view distance completely off, it seems it doesn't actually do much. I noticed that the game heats up my CPU quite a lot more than other games as well.

Ill be streaming this tonight for a while. My old graphics card really struggled with it (GTX 660 Ti) but my GTX 980 is handling it extremely well on ultra with the viewing distances up.

I have been enjoying the actual gameplay and kind of half listening to the story.
What is your view distance set to? 

Turn view distance completely off, it seems it doesn't actually do much. I noticed that the game heats up my CPU quite a lot more than other games as well.
As per the above comment, move it up in half-cm's and you will notice you can get a decent balance. New graphics drivers and the patch seem to have worked well!

What is your view distance set to? 

As per the above comment, move it up in half-cm's and you will notice you can get a decent balance. New graphics drivers and the patch seem to have worked well!

Back