What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Dzul needs advise!

i3... gaming.... £100

I am not the person to comment on this, If you want to get the best experience you need to spend some cash

Does the motherboard you have right now even hold the new cpu ?

I don't want 60 frames on ultra <3

I just want to be able to play arma 3 like a normal person ,i can play it now but 120 people on server and me in kavala bring my frames to the floor (5 to 10frames)

<3

In case you wonder my motherboard is: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-880GM-D2H (Socket M2)

P.S

I know best would be i7 but i can't spend another 100£

Last edited by a moderator:
If that budget includes the motherboard you're going to be disappointed :( For the best experience in ArmA titles you need a very fast CPU, the one you've linked simply isn't up to the job. An i5 is ideal, a K variant (so you can overclock) more so, but they're much more expensive.

What else are you running in terms of GPU etc?

My GPU is Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750

I've got 8 gigs of DDR3 so that's enough :p

If you want a good budget processor I would recommend something like an i5, you can get yourself a decent one for around £150. If your current processor is an AMD then you will most likely need a new motherboard for that too so you might be better of sticking with a new AMD processor for now. Try something like an FX6300, great processor for under £100 and it should fit your motherboard. Good Luck in your search!

Never mind your post about the socket wasn't there until I already posted my reply xD

Yeah my motherboard is AMD,can't really tell would the i3 fit in :p

The I3 would most likely fit in an LGA 1150 motherboard, but you would be able to read that on the processor, it says what socket it requires :)

Since my motherboard fits socket AM3 with my Athlon II 460 i guess it can't fit an intel in it,

However the fx uses AM3+ instead of AM3,would the fx fit on my socket for sure?

Depends on the chipset on the motherboard, from past experience with other peoples machines it's been a no though.

Well fuck,looks like the cash saved on Fx instead of i3 would go for a new motherboard :p

Ok the new pick is first off new mobo <3

Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 AMD 760G, VGA, DDR3, SATA2, RAID, GBLAN, mATX, AM3+

And the processor as advised is 

AMD FX-6300 (3.5GHz, Six Core, 6MB, 8MB, 95W, AM3+)

My gtx would fit on that asus so yeah i guess that works fine,the cost is 125£

What do you think about that combined with rest of my PC--->

I think i should get decent performance in Arma 3 and even better in Bf4(it runs 30 FPS on medium!)

And as stated before i don't want 60+FPS on ultra in Arma3/Bf4

Update on my PC!!!

So i've checked my motherboard manually and look what i found!

(that editing skills)

9HySmXn.jpg

Have you tried cleaning it, i cleaned my pc for the first time in a year after my arma started running bad and there was so much dust and my games actually run so much better if you are looking for something to do in the meantime while upgrading.

Just stick a vacuum in it and get rid of most of it for now get it off the fans of the GPU and CPU and you should be good atleast for a while.

Back