What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Economy is now linked to donation goal!

Only suggested bitcoin because our datacentre has it as a payment method :)

Thanks everyone for the support! Community server! and Community funded server! The 50% starts on 1st Aug (next Saturday) for 10 whole days!

not to make the weapons even cheaper if a secondary goal is met, but extend the time by further 5 days or something if that goal is met, would make it less dangerous for the population compared to having hobos spending 30k for an mx ?
If a hobo wants to spend the time to make 500k for a rebel license (and lose a shitload of money/time in the process as they get robbed and jailed), then I think spending 30k for an MX might not result in them running around RDM'ing everything that moves...  especially when they'll be just as effective at RDM'ing unsuspecting targets with a slingshot.

I personally think it depends how you look at it bud!

You're not wrong at all, but then I also sometimes think that if weapons are cheaper, people won't care half as much about losing them to an RP scenario, and so take the shot anyway? If you understand what I mean!
This is true, the cheaper the gear the "Less" likely you are to be bothered about losing it.  Less aggressive and more RP :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This may sound a bit counter proactive but maybe when there are already discounts for guns, the licenses to get them should go up? This would mean hobos cant just wait for discounts to get licenses and guns. this may help to keep RDM from new comers lower.

[SIZE= 13px]civ accounts? cant buy decent guns [/SIZE]

This may sound a bit counter proactive but maybe when there are already discounts for guns, the licenses to get them should go up? This would mean hobos cant just wait for discounts to get licenses and guns. this may help to keep RDM from new comers lower.
I believe it's only weapons and vehicles going half price, not everything.

8 full days into the discount and from police stand point I can say that people who looking for fights and had piss-poor RP did not change; but people who were roleplaying before the discount, continued the same.
This goes out to those, who were against the idea, citing that it will increase the amount of RDMers and people looking for gun fights, which wasn't the case.

Overall, I am still for this idea, however, the hammer needs to go down hard on those individuals who are consistently looking for gunfights with minimal-to-no RP.

P.S.: I am not speaking for the entire police force, this is just my opinion.

8 full days into the discount and from police stand point I can say that people who looking for fights and had piss-poor RP did not change; but people who were roleplaying before the discount, continued the same.
This goes out to those, who were against the idea, citing that it will increase the amount of RDMers and people looking for gun fights, which wasn't the case.

Overall, I am still for this idea, however, the hammer needs to go down hard on those individuals who are consistently looking for gunfights with minimal-to-no RP.

P.S.: I am not speaking for the entire police force, this is just my opinion.
However the local VDM'ing hobos have had a blast with their cheap cars <3

I've also noticed a much higher level of air-traffic and various different types of new flying vehicles about

-Johnpickle

I managed to get 2 cops to smoke a joint with me at processing. Bye Bye handbook and hello to RP, loved it!  Ill not name anyone, don't want them being told off but you know who you are :) . I salute thee !

I managed to get 2 cops to smoke a joint with me at processing. Bye Bye handbook and hello to RP, loved it!  Ill not name anyone, don't want them being told off but you know who you are  :) . I salute thee !
How did you guess it was PC Jamie and I, and @Farmer Giles was there as well? :D

Originally @Jasper Rogers wanted to shoot me before I joined walked up to you and PC Jamie to join the conversation, when I asked you what you were doing there which you said "making apple juice", which I replied with "that's a shame I'm here to get some of my "special cigarettes""

Most cops will agree RP > Police handbook, as role play thumps all so much so that my personal police handbook is started to circulate dust at the bottom of my SUV.

And to medics reading this, same thing applies RP > NHS handbook   

How did you guess it was PC Jamie and I, and @Farmer Giles was there as well? :D

Originally @Jasper Rogers wanted to shoot me before I joined walked up to you and PC Jamie to join the conversation, when I asked you what you were doing there which you said "making apple juice", which I replied with "that's a shame I'm here to get some of my "special cigarettes""

Most cops will agree RP > Police handbook, as role play thumps all so much so that my personal police handbook is started to circulate dust at the bottom of my SUV.

And to medics reading this, same thing applies RP > NHS handbook   
All I saw was a banana standing at the door aiming a gun at me, was a bit of a mexican standoff until I gave up and continued processing the "apple juice". ;)

Alas, I think this is derailing the main thread a bit.

So you're saying being a cop and stopping law breakers isn't playing a role of being a cop and stopping law breakers?
No no, I'm just saying its a nice change from the norm of "Oi you, you are doing drugs, let me search you or have a firefigfht" but instead settled for a difference approach on this occasion and RP'd with us to have a good time.

Obviously if I lost my weed and were jailed or whatever, I would not have been salty as its there job and I know that.

All I'm saying is that its nice to have a relaxed approach to the handbook, especially now when relations between police and rebels are strained. :)

I kind of miss all this stuff XD

Mby should come back and play every now and then again :p

Back