What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Economy Rework - Altis Life

NotBailey

I don't know where I should start looking nor do I feel like opening a suggestion as I'm sure its brought up often. Are there any plans to create a dynamic market, or have specific items gain a 'wanted' status that increase their price for a certain amount of time enticing people to do that specific run. As I am confident in saying the only runs people do really are Salt, Diamonds and High Grade Weed. 

Last night I tried doing LSD, Coke and Heroin to experiment and I can see why people wont be tempted to do them, they are not as efficient or worth your time as they do not have good per item value for how much they weigh/space consumption in your vehicle. To reiterate, is there any plans in place for reworking the in game market to vary up the runs people are doing and to revive the dusty routes that haven't been travelled in months or even years?

@Coco There is still plans... its an hard one to do, I think for now the areas that need working on are being worked on

When that is out the way this will be looked at with a fresh pair of eyes, We actually used to have a dynamic market in the early days but it was broken to the point of if someone did so many runs the same it would drive the prices so low! meaning some poor sod got to the end point / dealer and sold there stuff for peanuts.

I believe that for players to continously have something to do and work towards, we need a player run economy.

No petrol for vehicles? Do a petrol/oil run, sell it to a gas station at a competitive price. Someone else selling oil? Take them out of business by stopping their production so you can have a monopoly.

Low amount of firearms in the legal stores? Make some pistols to sell to the shop.

Low food? Do the same thing, create food to sell to shops for people to buy.

This is a very ambitious idea, but it has been done and i believe it allows for a healthy player base to not get bored without having to add a million and one things to the server to keep people busy. A mission file can only be so big, and Devs can only add so much. But i think our economy has improved a lot from before, but the economy is something that does need to be constantly improved and min maxed ect. Takes a ton of work

@Wilco Has a player run economy ever been mentioned? Is this in the realm of possibility?

Player run economy would not work at this point Jayray due to how much money people have, You'd get somebody with hundreds of millions selling MK1's for 20k it'd be chaos. People on Altis Life are far too irresponsible for something like that to work (not dissing anybody it's just the truth)

Player run economy would not work at this point Jayray due to how much money people have, You'd get somebody with hundreds of millions selling MK1's for 20k it'd be chaos. People on Altis Life are far too irresponsible for something like that to work (not dissing anybody it's just the truth)
You make a very valid point now i think about it

Back