What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Economy

Thehet

I would like to see a dynamic economy introduced, where perhaps each restart or maybe each day, the market prices for selling good changes.

Right now, and when I right now I mean before the latest update to the gathering speeds, a lot of people do Aluminium runs because the distance is so short from the mine-processor-seller. 

A friend and I thought that Uranium would generate for bigger profit because of the distance required to travel but alas, it was 100k per 10 units, which was about a 1mil in a Hemtt. The time it took was disproportionate to the money gained compared against Aluminium,  Diamonds etc. Why is this?

The runs that are close to sellers should yield less cash. Longer runs should make more.

If the market could fluctuate then we would see a larger variety of runs, one day Oil might make loads and then the next it could be Copper or Weed or whatever. I just think it needs re balancing. 

Something similar was like this in 2016. The more people sell item 'x' the lower the price would be. Everyone would rush weed field at restart to sell it for 3k instead of a lower price. 

Last edited by a moderator:
They used to have a dynamic market but it didn't function properly. I believe it was supposed to work so that the more a particular item was sold, the lower the trade price, and the price of items that weren't sold often would gradually increase. The system would have worked well and introduced supply and demand to altis, so that if loads of people are doing cider or aluminium, the price will die, but if no one sells salt in a while the demand for salt will increase and so will the price.

It didn't work though, and instead, the prices for everything just kept decreasing until eventually, they weren't worth doing anymore. I remember that after about 5 salt runs there was no point doing it anymore, so they had to change it back. 

A functional dynamic market would be nice though

So what's the incentive to do anything but the shortest run?
- Less gathering, which is what you want after the update

- More satisfying and interesting

- Probably pays better

- You only have to visit a trader once, rather than several times.

I'm pretty sure most people do not do Salt, Oil, PC parts, anything that takes too long because it isn't worth the reward.

People would do them if the rewards were relative to the time it took to do them. 

The solution is to make the quickest things pay less, the furthest things pay more, the less risky/legal ones pay less, and the high risk/illegal ones pay more.

Right now I can do 2 trips of Aluminium pretty safely in the same amount of time it takes 1 trip of Uranium, and therefore because the reward in those trips is about the same most people will do Alu.

I'm pretty sure most people do not do Salt, Oil, PC parts, anything that takes too long because it isn't worth the reward.

People would do them if the rewards were relative to the time it took to do them. 

The solution is to make the quickest things pay less, the furthest things pay more, the less risky/legal ones pay less, and the high risk/illegal ones pay more.

Right now I can do 2 trips of Aluminium pretty safely in the same amount of time it takes 1 trip of Uranium, and therefore because the reward in those trips is about the same most people will do Alu.
Oil isn't worth it, PC's are worth it although it is a lot of grinding and salt is good in a helicopter.

If I do a heroin run in a HEMTT, I'll make about 1.4 million. I could maybe get about 2 aluminium runs completed in the time it takes to do one heroin and I would make less than 800k for it.  You may be right though, there's a lot of factors involved which I'm too lazy to consider rn. Surely aluminium takes a LONG time to mine after the new update, though?

Back