What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Editing Software

Adewale

Hello, everybody!

Im struggling with finding an easy to use video editing software.

Something for the basic edits such as: subtitles, slow-mo, speed-up, trimming, ability to add music over the video.

Anybody got suggestions? Hopefully something free because i'm paying off motorcycles. But if it's not free and you think it's what i'm looking for, i'd love to hear about it aswell.

Thank you!

I've tried them all mate, sony vegas, adobe premier etc. All took way too long to render.

I then tried Power Director. Wasn't expecting it to be good, but was really surprised. It's the best out of the lot of them IMO and renders super fast. I ended up buying it.

It's on sale now!

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/edms/ppc/video-editing-software/powerdirector/16/40-50-40P_Anniversary/uk/index_phd-wdl-only.jsp?affid=2581_-1_286_PDR-B_Gift-No&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx-vu8bOE2AIVTLXtCh3g8A58EAAYASAAEgKepvD_BwE

Sony Vegas, it appears simple at first but has a bunch of underlayer options with a slight learning curve. If you can imagine it being in a video you can probably do it in Sony Vegas. Loads of guides online with tutorials on how to do certain things. It's difficult at first but the more you use a certain option the easier it'll become and you'll come to understand it. I eventually started making cinematics with Sony Vegas for my own fun.

And uTorrent is pretty good if you get what I mean.

Some examples of my mediocre usage of Sony Vegas:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you just need basic editing then something like OpenShot or Windows Movie Maker is fine for you - Don't go anywhere near Adobe suites, they are for advanced users so don't even touch it if you're not experienced at all with editing or knowing how to render videos correctly. Plus they cost £££ :)

If you just need basic editing then something like OpenShot or Windows Movie Maker is fine for you - Don't go anywhere near Adobe suites, they are for advanced users so don't even touch it if you're not experienced at all with editing or knowing how to render videos correctly. Plus they cost £££ :)
Windows Movie Maker was EOL'd :(

@CSI LONG BEARD Had a look into Power Director. It's waaaay beyond my editing skills unfortunately

@Zeito Got Shotcut and so far i'm loving it! Simple and serves my needs! Thanks!

@John Woll I for some odd reason always hated Sony Vegas XD

@Stoneman Got Openshot and i'm loving that as well!

Thank you all for giving me your recommendations!

At the moment i can't decide between Shotcut and OpenShot because they're both perfect for me :)

Back