What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

electronics break when you go in the water

__saiint__

Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Trainer
Not much to describe other than it is what it says - Iv always found it amusing that electronics still work when they have been fully submerged in water.

If this was implemented, there could also be single use waterproof pouches implemented to prevent it from happening on the off chance you find yourself accidentally submerged.

could be an interesting change, which seems like it would be pretty easy to implement.

PROS: Realism

CONS: could be annoying to certain players who use the water alot

does it effect balance?: not really - just adds realism

what about just making radios/phones/whatever not work proper/at all in the water instead of breaking?

gives the same effect on a temporary basis.

that or make phones be able to get repaired at a place like digital den(would obviously means that needs to be added

make phones be able to get repaired at a place like digital den(would obviously means that needs to be added
that would be a really good idea, more RP opportunities^ 

I wouldn’t really be against this idea, but what’s the point of it really? 

In my opinion, it sort of seems like taking realism to the max for no other reason than it being realistic? It would just be an annoyance to players after devs spending their time doing it, no?

Is there even the physical engine in GTA to detect water as such? If so how is it then distinguishable if it's raining or if you jump into a pool or the ocean. 

Also what Jack said, the only point would be realism for the sake of realism. Then you should also not be physically able to talk while diving. All those things are mechanics thAt probably will be enabled in newer titles with respective engines. But I guess to tweak a 10yo game it's kinda hard to do so.

I would suggest the device being damaged depending on how long you are in the water as for as most modern phones a rated at IP68, maybe resulting in the durability of the phone slowly degrading after a certain threshold of time has past of a player being in water

(once out of the water, the phones durability will remain at a static percentage) or if submerged for too long, broken

When your phone has broke, it  requires you to need to buy a replacement (apple style :3) or (potential) get it repaired

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/water-and-dust-protection-ip68-rating/#:~:text=With an IP68 rating%2C they,connected%2C and capture the adventure.

However its not really worth complimenting unless the economy is rough for everyone aka a wipe and the price of phones are increased while also nerfing the amount of phones you'd get from panning.

Also as stated above by @JackJohnsonif this was implemented, it would be more of annoyance if it was to be implemented now as the current economy makes phones piss change

Last edited by a moderator:
Suggested  this back in may last year still have seen nothing come about from it and it also got down voted massively.. also would love to see a digitalden as put alot of work into advertising degitalden and rp'ing that

I wouldn’t really be against this idea, but what’s the point of it really? 

In my opinion, it sort of seems like taking realism to the max for no other reason than it being realistic? It would just be an annoyance to players after devs spending their time doing it, no?
=1 for these reasons.

I kinda think this could be funny,  chucking a cop into the drink and corrupting his phone, radio and bodycam instead of having to zip tie him and take his shit

I kinda think this could be funny,  chucking a cop into the drink and corrupting his phone, radio and bodycam instead of having to zip tie him and take his shit
i somewhat agree, but if we do that we would still need to allow phones and stuff to be repaired somehow, either via a place like digital den, or a private police one like we have with cars

Back