What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Emote Wheel

Bing Bar

Unlinked
I think it would be a good idea to add an emote wheel to the server. It would fall under the Caps Lock/Interactions menu and then under animations in which you would then have the choice to click one of two options. One option would be what we currently have when we click the animations button, which is the list of emotes/walk styles. In this new version there would be another button in which it would then give you eight possible emotes for you to use/click on. These eight possible emotes (or however many the devs decide) will be set by the player and so when you click on the button again it would play the animation in game until you decide to change it to something else. I envisage the eight emotes each player sets will be ones that their character frequently uses. For example, I would set my police character to have /e notepad, /e tablet2, /e wait, /e holdingvest etc etc as these are emotes that I frequently use.

There are many pros for implementing this. Firstly, it saves people having to write out the text each time they want to emote in chat. Secondly, as you would not have to write out the emote in chat, people will hopefully be more inclined to use emotes in RP, as it would be a lot easier to access than it currently is. If more people are inclined to use emotes in RP, then it would hopefully help enhance the RP for all parties involved and overall provide a better experience for everyone on the server. The only con for this is like most suggestions is that it would requires dev work. It would not negatively impact one group more than another, as everyone would have access to it.

I strongly believe this would be good for the server and would like to hear what people think below.

Very good suggestion, this would be great instead of having it keybound and or having to remember them all by text.

+1

MASSIVE +1, would make for funnier and better, on the spot, RP. Would be great for mechanics etc to get all their emotes in one section! 

+1 this this would be a great addition and QOL feature for most people, especially people who don't have access or can't afford things such a a streamdeck

Made a suggestion on this a while ago, but since it hasn't been implemented yet I made a workaround by using my numpad as a "emote wheel" Only practical for people that have a 100% keyboard but is great nonetheless.

Basically just go in f8 console and type in "bind keyboard NUMPAD0-9 "e notepad"

There are endless options for this, like combining emotes /e lean & /e notepad "bind keyboard NUMPAD0-9 "e notepad; e lean"

Or add some delay by adding "wait 1000 (milliseconds)"

Here is a list of all the keys and what input you need to type for it to work!

I ended up buying a streamdeck to make it even easier to do emotes, walkstyles, /me commands and separate them from characters etc. A bit costy, but perfect for roleplay!

But all in all, big +1 to this. Makes it easier and more fluent in RP instead of using time to lookup/type in emotes.

Back