What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Enable Taxi jobs for Mercedes V250 (Was "Default Taxi Model Swap")

Vinnie James

Unlinked
Scrapping the below suggestion and instead enabling taxi jobs for the Mercedes V250 now that it is a six seater.

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/ford-hybrid-sedan-taxi

To swap the default taxi model to something more British looking. (I do believe this is a Ford Taurus, but it's as close to a Mondeo Taxi that I can find)

Pros - More fitting to the UK theme of the city

Cons - Dev time, but as this is a model swap, I'm guessing it wouldn't take very long to do? (As per the Honda Civic type R coupé to hatch swap before)

Cheers me' dears!

Last edited by a moderator:
why not just get a extra taxi in instead of Swapping a base game car out with a different vehicle?

Another thought on top of this. Why not implement a skin for a "private hire" vehicle that can be rented. Such as an already implemented Ŝkoda Octavia with little private hire stickers on the back and sides. Would be more than happy to provide the graphics for this if it aids development.

OIP.XMrskKxdVI72EqhRwjQURgHaFj

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thought on top of this. Why not implement a skin for a "private hire" vehicle that can be rented. Such as an already implemented Ŝkoda Octavia with little private hire stickers on the back and sides. Would be more than happy to provide the graphics for this if it aids development.

That's a good shout

https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/ford-hybrid-sedan-taxi

To swap the default taxi model to something more British looking. (I do believe this is a Ford Taurus, but it's as close to a Mondeo Taxi that I can find)

Pros - More fitting to the UK theme of the city

Cons - Dev time, but as this is a model swap, I'm guessing it wouldn't take very long to do? (As per the Honda Civic type R coupé to hatch swap before)

Cheers me' dears!
I like the idea but feel like the current Taxi model is perfect the way it is and I don't want to lose it. Swapping the models would anger any taxi owners such as myself, I paid for the current model for a reason. The Dynasty was just added as a new option for Taxi Drivers so I don't think we already need a new model right now 🙂

Add it as a seperate thing sure, swapping the existing one biggest no I can give.

I would like this if we had an option to "upgrade" it to a new model - a few cars in this server have an option to upgrade the model to a newer version.

I personally love the model currently on the Taxi, I get this is a UK based server but I think this isn't needed.

As Chloe said The Dynasty has just been added recently which is a new addition for Taxi Drivers.

I like the idea but feel like the current Taxi model is perfect the way it is and I don't want to lose it. Swapping the models would anger any taxi owners such as myself, I paid for the current model for a reason. The Dynasty was just added as a new option for Taxi Drivers so I don't think we already need a new model right now 🙂
Yeah, you have a point, I had that with My Honda Civic coupe being swapped for the hatchback, that was pretty crap when that happened. 😞

as someone who brought Hyundai coupe for the DVA livery. When they change a model is not nice cant even sell it now as its wank. i got for looks. Deffo a new one.

Back