What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

ENFORCE GOOD RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tujm Makmud

It's come to my attention that people think the server is essentially just a pvp server with voip and a tiny bit of ok Roleplay.

In my opinion it really needs to start feeling like roleplay and not like a gun game server half the time, I'll probs get into tons of shit with admins by saying this stuff and it'll make me seem narcy but alot of situations have been like this, obviously with the server being non-whitelisted it's extremely hard but it needs to change with the whitelisted roles within the server, it's come to my attention that character seperation isn't too much of a thing and police mentality to always win the situation no matter what even if the other person has the clear upper hand and extreme conequenses in rp such as people's lives are on stake, I know it's just a game and people think "awh well they can just die they'll respawn"but it's shit RP. And I noticed this specifically when doing an evidence locker heist a few months back with a corrupt police officer, we posted pics on tweedle and even done backflips in the background to provide proof they were real hostages. (These were police officer hostages btw) despite the hostages planted around the entire map 3 hostages as a matter of fact the police didn't seems to care too much and it resulted in 3 police officers lives lost for an ammount of weapons that we made sure was a realistic ammount to carry 5-6 weapons carried between 2 people wearing bags.

Obviously this suggestion probs not gonna change anything really but it's mostly to let those people who care about Roleplay to perform and try harder to Influence people to do the same. I know I'm not Amazing at RP and I screw up alot of the time but I attempt to carry on as if It didn't happen and continue the rp experience, even making things less boring such as special ways to execute enemies or hosting events and having realistic and fun beefs can turn a good experience on the server to a really fun and interesting experience. Thanks for reading this just thought I'd leave my little suggestion/ telling people to get their act together here on the forums for everyone to see thankyou 😉

I think it may be useful to have an RP feedback section on the forums.

for example the situation you described. You would record the whole thing and type up a little bit of background on your setup and then link the clip. People could then openly view it and give an honest opinion on what they thought/felt about the roleplay and situation. Yeah people might bitch a bit but it could offer some great feedback and pointers to all people involved to take on board for next time. I feel like the community discussing and debating actual roleplay scenarios could really help things improve. 

Pushing for high quality roleplay is something I feel rather strongly about, I fully understand your perspective regarding some of the roleplay from Police, and I find it disappointing when I see it. 

Unfortunately, the problem in my honest opinion is that people play the game as a player, not as a character, people use the server meta to play, rather then characters to make a unique and interesting storyline. 

The winning mentality comment, this is an interesting one and one that people tend to only see one side of the coin on. Whilst I certainly agree it is within some members of the police, people forget those people also have civilians characters and have the same mentality there, circling back to me point that they are not playing as a character but as a player. The problem is not “ the police “ but the player. 

Majority of the playerbase care more about their assets, flashy cars and big guns or how many “ frags “ they got rather then their roleplay, they will roleplay to the extend of which is required but won’t thrive to achieve anything better. 

As time goes on and the world continues to spin our server grow and grow each day, new players come in, some with experience from other places or some completely new to roleplay, both of these kinds of players need to adapt to the server and how the roleplay works. 

Something I have learnt recently is the best way to encourage high quality roleplay is to give high quality roleplay yourself, set the example to the rest of the playerbase and always remember roleplay is the focus.

For example, my streams, I know reasonably large amount of the community watch them and this may “ influence “ others within the community or those that interact with me when playing, I have tried really hard to provide the best roleplay I can, the feedback I got so far is positive and is spreading the message I want, I feel those I interact with or that watch my streams appreciate my level of roleplay and want to provide the same back. Again, leading by example and providing high quality roleplay is contagious.

Those that are in any leadership role or anyone that holds responsibility need to set the example, those wanting to achieve responsibility’s within the community need to prove they are high quality role players and think selflessly. 

I encourage anyone reading this post to always aim for highest quality roleplay you can, be creative, imaginative and immersive. 

High Quality Roleplay Promotes Good Roleplay. 

regarding the police specifically, I am extremely dedicated in always improving the police for everyone on the server, not just the police, any feedback you have is always encouraged and welcomed on the feedback post here - 

Thanks, 

Shepherd.

Those that are in any leadership role or anyone that holds responsibility need to set the example, those wanting to achieve responsibility’s within the community need to prove they are high quality role players and think selflessly. 

I encourage anyone reading this post to always aim for highest quality roleplay you can, be creative, imaginative and immersive. 

High Quality Roleplay Promotes Good Roleplay
This above says it all. 

I think it may be useful to have an RP feedback section on the forums.

for example the situation you described. You would record the whole thing and type up a little bit of background on your setup and then link the clip. People could then openly view it and give an honest opinion on what they thought/felt about the roleplay and situation. Yeah people might bitch a bit but it could offer some great feedback and pointers to all people involved to take on board for next time. I feel like the community discussing and debating actual roleplay scenarios could really help things improve. 
100%, there's a Reccomend a Roleplayer section of the forums and I think we need a Roleplay scenario discussion board to go with it, very good idea imo. Also glad to see like-minded people and good feedback on the forums was definitely expecting some people to be against me thinking I don't see the good RP in the server but it seems I was wrong 😜👍

Another thing I would like to add is that what shepherd said was correct for Civs and police characters people need to learn to lose sometimes. Obviously don't try to lose in every situation because then that's bad RP and could be seen as Cop baiting to an extent. But when you are outnumbered or various requirements are met to a degree just accept the loss and roleplay it out, it's what the server is for ROLEPLAY 😌😌😌

RPUK ontop

I have faced too many situations in which I roleplay as Willy (Herion addict) and people just say "cringe" or "shut up" kinda ruins the immersion tbh.

Originally I came  from Arma RP and its not really RP orientated but more "hands up or die" I think too many people on here have that mentality.

I personally feel those who want to set the bar high enough for a decent roleplay situation and character progression are a minority, where as the majority focus on the materialistic things and maintain something sufficient to meet the minimal mark of roleplay to fit their intentions within the server and community rules. The top 5 roleplay scenarios I have been in I didn't really make money, or I made nothing at all; but I had such a laugh my sides were hurting. What's really most important to you? The answer to that is so varied there will never be a position where the whole server is happy; so enforcing good RP really depends what each person considers 'good'.

Granted the game is lacking at the moment on some features for people to do, however, you can still achieve quite a bit with very little.

I personally feel those who want to set the bar high enough for a decent roleplay situation and character progression are a minority, where as the majority focus on the materialistic things and maintain something sufficient to meet the minimal mark of roleplay to fit their intentions within the server and community rules. The top 5 roleplay scenarios I have been in I didn't really make money, or I made nothing at all; but I had such a laugh my sides were hurting. What's really most important to you? The answer to that is so varied there will never be a position where the whole server is happy; so enforcing good RP really depends what each person considers 'good'.

Granted the game is lacking at the moment on some features for people to do, however, you can still achieve quite a bit with very little.
The current bar for accepted RP on the server is so wank tbh. Just look at any of my reports and how they can say one thing and RP is accepted. My last report got declined which involved a staff member taking me and dumping me in the ocean for no reason at all... This was considered acceptable RP and got put down to "mistaken identity." How do you mistake a heroin addict?? 

It's so unattractive to new  people knowing that players who are staff and those who have been around for a long time provided such shit RP while the new playeerrs try their best and constantly get fuck all back.

Fix your server. It has potential but it's being spoiled by the lack of development and RP. 

Rant over.

The current bar for accepted RP on the server is so wank tbh. Just look at any of my reports and how they can say one thing and RP is accepted. My last report got declined which involved a staff member taking me and dumping me in the ocean for no reason at all... This was considered acceptable RP and got put down to "mistaken identity." How do you mistake a heroin addict?? 

It's so unattractive to new  people knowing that players who are staff and those who have been around for a long time provided such shit RP while the new playeerrs try their best and constantly get fuck all back.

Fix your server. It has potential but it's being spoiled by the lack of development and RP. 

Rant over.
FYI, he wasn't a staff member and even if he was, staff members are people just like me and you.

Hell, I've had staff members come and ''hunt me down'' on a morning solely to rob me, dafuq? Surely these are the people that should be creating new and exciting roleplay scenarios when they're on, maybe not all the time granted, but pretty piss poor behaviour from someone representing the community. 

Hell, I've had staff members come and ''hunt me down'' on a morning solely to rob me, dafuq? Surely these are the people that should be creating new and exciting roleplay scenarios when they're on, maybe not all the time granted, but pretty piss poor behaviour from someone representing the community. 
Your very reply seems like Roleplay to me?

FYI, staff should provide better RP since they are known and respected with a lot of experience. Your point is invalid.
There is absolutely no need for 'your point is invalid' you are stating that a staff member you reported provided poor RP when it was in fact a member of the Dev Team, one of which his RP is above standard whenever I have bumped into him.

Dev team, staff team, new player, og player, these people are human at the end of the day.

Don't bring the salt of having your report a player denied when you were trying to bend the rules to have him banned to this legitimate thread regarding poor RP.

There is absolutely no need for 'your point is invalid' you are stating that a staff member you reported provided poor RP when it was in fact a member of the Dev Team, one of which his RP is above standard whenever I have bumped into him.

Dev team, staff team, new player, og player, these people are human at the end of the day.

Don't bring the salt of having your report a player denied when you were trying to bend the rules to have him banned to this legitimate thread regarding poor RP.
Didn't say they were not human? And if that is above standard just shows how poor RP really is 🙂

How did I bend the rules? It was him bending the rules? From now on whenever I see some 1 imma pick them up and dump them in the ocean and say "wrong guy" lol

Didn't say they were not human? And if that is above standard just shows how poor RP really is 🙂
just because one person gave you "poor RP" from the dev team/staff teams doesn't mean much, people will not always be able to give good RP for different reasons

How did I bend the rules? It was him bending the rules? From now on whenever I see some 1 imma pick them up and dump them in the ocean and say "wrong guy" lol
not the way to go with it, you need to provide RP in other to "dump them and say wrong guy" if you don't you can risk being reported and banned yourself 🙂

just because one person gave you "poor RP" from the dev team/staff teams doesn't mean much, people will not always be able to give good RP for different reasons

not the way to go with it, you need to provide RP in other to "dump them and say wrong guy" if you don't you can risk being reported and banned yourself 🙂
just seems like a bend in the rules tbh. 

just seems like a bend in the rules tbh. 
it's not, mike thought he had some RP with you beforehand from a different situation, he may have mistaken you with someone else, take it as it is and move on

it's not, mike thought he had some RP with you beforehand from a different situation, he may have mistaken you with someone else, take it as it is and move on
how do you mistake such a unique character? Willy is not some generic guy. Anyway my point stands in the suggestion.

The RP on here is wank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back