What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

even more pc issues

Pimpmauser

The Original Pimp
well basically, it struggles to boot pretty much. sometimes it'll post, sometimes it won't. Other times it'll get to the windows logo then blue screen then sometimes it doesn't. I have no idea what's going on. Generally only does this when i first turn it on 'from cold' and usually will boot fine on a second attempt. But i also get random blue screens just doing stuff (hat isn't physically demanding)

Specs can be found here:

Bits missed out:

MoBo: 760gm-p23 (fx)

RAM; 8GB corsair Vengeance 1600

Corsair H55

Also, a power supply blew up on that motherboard about 2 years ago but didn't show any inherent damage at the time and my cpu temperature sensor went a bit wacky and read 200 degrees.

Take out your ram, clean the ports ensure they are dust clean and reseat them.

If this is mainly happening when cold, its likely due to thermal expansion (could also be an issue with any of the components though, ram is the most likley)

Well, took everything out cleaned all my sockets and still no difference. I think it's a bit more serious than I thought.

next time its cold, try running it without your graphics card, and only 1 stick of ram & no HDD, see if it boots a few times without issue.

What spare parts do you own to troubleshoot the issue ? e.g. spare GPU / RAM / PSU / HDD.

Due to it not posting past bios, im guessing it to be a hardware issue, have you OC'ed at all ? have you tweaked bios settings? if so can you set them back to original?

Well it posts every time even with everything installed. The real issue happens when getting into windows. It'll get past the windows logo thiny then the screen will go blank (monitor will go into standby and LEDs on my mouse don't illuminate) and sometimes it'll blue screen and other times it boots to login screen no problem. It's very random and intermittent.

I am presuming it posts always now since removing and replacing everything ?
So now we are potentially looking at a issue with windows and less hardware, could be you had both issues !!! 

do you have a spare drive you could install another copy of windows 10 on for testing purposes ? (don't want to nuke your drive quite yet ;) )
there are other options to consider, but I am trying to take the most definitive and least drastic route to start with  especially as we cannot 100% rule out a hardware issue:) 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am presuming it posts always now since removing and replacing everything ?
So now we are potentially looking at a issue with windows and less hardware, could be you had both issues !!! 

do you have a spare drive you could install another copy of windows 10 on for testing purposes ? (don't want to nuke your drive quite yet ;) )
there are other options to consider, but I am trying to take the most definitive and least drastic route to start with  especially as we cannot 100% rule out a hardware issue:) 
I do have other hard drives but they are on deaths door. I don't actually have another copy of windows to install to them.

Back