What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Evidence Room (PD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lincoln

This is just an idea that came to mind, of course it comes to my mind because I love being around police so much xD

The evidence rooms in the police departments, or at least the main one should be raid-able in some form. My theory would be that if someone manages to break into PD, then into the room itself, then break into various points in the room, a random amount of items within the evidence lock up should be able to be stolen. 

For example, let's say 5 items per pile were available to steal, those 5 items would be chosen at random, and if a stackable item has been chosen, that would also be a random amount available.

1) Hammer (1 Available Only)

2) Weed Bags (Between 20-250 available)

3) Combat Pistol (1 Available Only) 

4) Cash (Between £5,000 - £200,000) - (Or more, this is an example)

And so fourth... Every single item within the lockup should be accessible randomly, of course it is it a high grade weapon such as a rifle, the chance should be significantly lower of getting.

If Paleto was on there, the rewards should be much less due to the PD not being used on a regular basis and police response time would be higher.

Pros: 

* More criminal content

* More RP scenarios 

Cons:

* Larger Gangs taking the mick (Maybe add a rule in some form)

* More PD loitering (Myself included o.o)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the current system of evidence convoys already meets a balance for police/civs.

Personally whilst evidence convoys are nice, This would add a reason to even break into the PD overall, Maybe not a pistol but I like the idea overall as right now it's just break into PD to mess with the police

im stuck on this one like take in mind that at this moment your actively breaking into a police station if not attacking it.

if you end up killing a cop nlr wont apply for them and you would just have an all out war.

i think you would risk ur life way to much

im stuck on this one like take in mind that at this moment your actively breaking into a police station if not attacking it.

if you end up killing a cop nlr wont apply for them and you would just have an all out war.

i think you would risk ur life way to much

I agree in a sense but the goal if breaking into the police station would try and be stealthy and take hostages over killing everyone and making it stupid. Maybe if that was enforced for this kind of roleplay ? Wouldn't be perfect but hostage situations would not only be different for civs but for the cops to have something else to RP and get involved with to mix it up a bit more (Over traffic stops, People selling drugs or killing each other) 

I agree in a sense but the goal if breaking into the police station would try and be stealthy and take hostages over killing everyone and making it stupid.
But surely the concept of breaking into a "fully" manned and secure police station in it's self is stupid? 

Then regarding taking hostages, how does that differ from the countless other times officers get robbed or taken hostage whilst out on patrol? 

And with the way it's currently been suggested I dont think it will add to roleplay much at all, if anything it will be abused by those who actively target police; especially late at night when police numbers are low.

But surely the concept of breaking into a "fully" manned and secure police station in it's self is stupid? 

Then regarding taking hostages, how does that differ from the countless other times officers get robbed or taken hostage whilst out on patrol? 

And with the way it's currently been suggested I dont think it will add to roleplay much at all, if anything it will be abused by those who actively target police; especially late at night when police numbers are low.
Mission Row PD is likely to be much higher risk of course, but places like Paleto Bay is quiet and not often used. So the risk is much less but the reward would be much less also. 

There needs to be more ways to earn money, banks are not a thing anymore, at least yet. In reality a police evidence room could be robbed so why not have that reality in game also? Also as I mentioned, there could be a rule or two added to prevent it becoming a gang fest trying to just kill cops.. and if caught the penalty would obviously be a massive prison sentence. So really this idea does favour the police as it is highly likely that anyone would actually get away with it, but something fun to do

@Lincoln You state " In reality a police evidence room could be robbed so why not have that reality in game also?"
However, also in reality, a police station would be fully manned at all times. It would be near-on impossible. However, this isn't able to be facilitated in-game with the lack of numbers.
Therefore, without both sides, this couldn't be balanced well enough to make it fair.
If you had to make the prize worth the risk, you'd also end up with many groups attacking a police station almost all of the time and the police unable to respond to anything else.

I don't think this would be a good idea as the Police would be constantly trying to defend their evidence locker which would get boring after the 10th day of another gang/person trying.  Hitting evidence convoys is much more of a better target for all involved. -1

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think this would be a good idea as the Police would be constantly trying to defend their evidence locker which would get boring after the 10th day of another gang/person trying.  Hitting evidence convoys is much more of a better target for all involved. -1
Convoys can only really be done by large gangs, there is no way a small group of friends or a small gang could hit a convoy with 15+ police and G6 along side it all. 

An evidence room could potentially be done by a small group or even solo depending how clever it is done. Of course lockpicking triggers alarms but there are other ways people can attempt to do such a thing. 

As I mentioned before also, there can be rules added to ensure large gangs do not constantly attack police stations. This suggestion definitely leans towards police winning more but it creates more roleplay situations that can be done and that creates fun for both sides. 

Convoys can only really be done by large gangs, there is no way a small group of friends or a small gang could hit a convoy with 15+ police and G6 along side it all. 
1 Convoys carry loads so gangs can team up there is enough to go around. 

2 even 1 person could solo Rob it. Its all about how they go about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back