What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Expand crafting

JimmyTheGinger

There has been a lot of discussion recently regarding gun crafting. There are very clear limitations and negatives to the current system, and I hope to highlight some of those issues below.

Firstly: The crafting system is too linear in a sense. It's very obvious what to do, and we are limited in what we can craft. There is a 'skill' that increases with crafting, but it increases so slowly, and as far as I'm aware doesn't benefit me in any way. Considering all the materials that come from the mine, what is available for crafting is very limited.  By increasing the crafting options you offer a legal avenue that would compete for steel supply, thus raising the price of steel.

For example, if we were to remove or reduce the avilability of lockpicks and repairkits at the general warehouse, players would be able to profitably craft repairkits. There would be RP involved because police will still interact with legal civs and anyone bulk producing repairkits etc would now supply stores, hence a legal civ can interact with faction leaders and seniors. The cost of each crafted item would be determined by  the value of steel/materials required, which should increase because we inceased demand.

Another idea is to introduce crafting of tin cans, plastic cups etc. Plastic cups could be one plastic sheet per smoothie, and one cup is required so G6 can produce a smoothie (Maybe change the prison system so workers pick apples, and G6 selects one person to make them? I dunno) Tins can be traded somehow with the general warehouse, acting as sink that gobles materials in exchange for raw money. This would further drive up demand.

This is all just off the cuff ideas, but the foundation of the idea is to focuse on creating a crating economy. Even if we do remove the ability for everyone to make guns, crafting other items would be amazing. My only concern is over burdening the mine, as it's already busy a lot of the time, but we have plastic, wood and ores.

The pros:

• More options for money-making.
  • Increases likliehoood of RP as store owners would trade with players instead of purchasing from the warehouse.
  • Items compete with gun costs, drive up prices of guns.

The cons:

• Mine could become increadibly busy at peak hour.
  • Could temporarily wreck the conomy
  • Lots of development and testing needed.

Please, I encourage anyone and everyone to share ideas and opinions. You can talk about the suggestion, or even the 'gun issue' we might be facing.

Thanks for reading.

-Jimmy

Back