What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Fail driving and unrealistic driving, possible car changes

Tujm Makmud

What exactly is fail driving, driving not risking your own life? I mean I don't think driving at 150mph plus is valuing your life? You make a small jump, it's a stunt jump now you're banned from the server for doing a stunt jump that's in the game? Authorized tc, you're in fucking Narnia. Driving up a mountain or up rocks etc doesn't seem realistic. Absaloutely destroying you're vehicle to TC another ain't realistic. So what is realistic driving??? Like let's be honest here I think most people don't really follow this rule most of the time during persuits or in general and I want people's opinions on it. I'm being fed up of police ramming the back of my car (which I don't mind it's just the next part I'm going to mention, but in all fairness disabling a vehicle isn't the only way to win a chase and people need to realise that) but I can't jump over a wall and it's classed as fail driving. As some police have said, driving through red lights and risking their life could be seen as fail driving or doing street race and going off road etc. I think personally and I know a few others would think the same is that driving should be more diverse in what we are able to do, doing stunt jump in my opinion should be allowed and it would add more fun to a chase other than the boring go down an alley and you've lost them. I like testing people's skill and intuition and having little scummy things that criminals would try and do kinda makes sense. Especially with the disabling of being able to flip your vehicle while in it currently it adds a risk to doing these things, meaning if you do a stunt jump there's a possibility you're done for. 

- this could change balance of the server to an extent

As you have probably have whitnessed usually there's about 5-10 cars on one car usually and it's utterly unfair and over the top so having the ability to do a stunt jump to lose a few of them actually gives a civ a chance to escape from a nearly impossible situation.

Onto my next point of vehicle change, realistic speeds, slower vehicles and engine breakage I'm pretty suure most of the people in the city are aware of how easily you're vehicle can break down, takes about 2-3 hits and police cars taking a little bit more since they have a bit of a fucked up hotbox for bumpers etc not that there's anything wrong with that and I root for that cuz they gonna be in a few chases before repairing, but taking inspiration from other servers not saying they're better than rpuk cuz they're not and I wouldn't be here if that was the case but for an example, nopixel has a car system where there is engine stalling allowing boxing in cars, longer durability of cars allowing for longer lasting persuits which means a more active city rather than everyone sitting around twiddling their thumbs all day after getting in a 1 minute chase until your car breaks town due to a TC that send you flying and breaks their car in the process( just realized how civ side this sounds but I think it has pros for police)

If this engine change becomes a thing this could add for a more interactive roleplay scenario such as a mechanic actually being useful and repairkits becoming rare to come across. Making use of a roleplay oriented car business as auto exotic are trying to push, which in my opinion would be much more efficient if people's cars could last longer to actually make it to a mechanic and not breaking down before you get there.

FFS I WANT A GOOD ROLEPLAY SCENARIO AND NOT JUST RAM THE SHIT OUT OF YOU AND CAR BREAK DOWN AND NOW YOU CANT MOVE

Ps, sorry señors a bit ooc mawlding happened there 😝teehee

-pros

more rp interactions

Better police chases

More fun

Less toxicity

Successful roleplay during chases rather than constantly destroying a car

Makes economy better if repairkits become more rare/expensive

Cons

-polce won't like that there is more to a chase so there will be more complaints

-alot of work to try and fix in the server because it changes the balance quite a bit

-could break the server if not implemented properly with a new type of repairkit because people like to stock tons in their house/car/shop etc so an implementation of a repairkits that doesn't fully repair your car could be good or only repairs it for a limited time.

Thankyou for coming señors and as always it's just a suggestion that could make the server just that tiny bit more enjoyable gracìas!

doing stunt jump in my opinion should be allowed
In my opinion this shouldn't be allowed depending on vehicle.. I've never seen a Supra or R35 do the stunt jumps we have in the game, and if they do decide to do one, say goodbye to the suspension and everything else, fine let's move over to a bike for example, well still, if you have a dirtbike of some sort that has realistic off-road capabilities that would be fine by me, but doing it in a Yamaha R1 is again, asking for death, the suspension and especially your entire body will fold like a piece of paper. 

police ramming the back of my car
If you have a better idea on how police should stop a vehicle traveling at 120mph+ (193kmh+) then suggest it to them publicly, but from my play time as both civ and police, I legit see no other way other than spike strips which only certain officers can use. 

more fun to a chase other than the boring go down an alley and you've lost them
I use many other tactics to evade police than use alley ways, for example I use the highway, 1. They cant keep up 2. good way to test their reflex dealing with locals. Using alley ways is actually the hardest part, there is a high chance of trapping yourself and if you have NPAS on you, good luck gettin rid of them. 

Onto My Personal Opinion On This Matter: 

I think I can speak for most civs when I say, I like a good chase here and there. But having to change things doesn't balance it out in my opinion, the ability police use with a TC is balanced with the fact that our cars go 3x faster than theirs in all aspects. As of now, in all chases I've been involved in, its a 50% getaway and or a 50% got caught. Police have their tactics to use inorder for them to even have a CHANCE to even catch us. I've driven off road to escape them, but using a vehicle that can actually go offroad, for example, the comet saffari. I buy my cars not for their looks (well I kinda do) but also for their usage and purpose. Ive got a car for almost any scenario.

Got a car for fast offroading? No problem, got the comet saffari

Need a car for extremely fast acceleration and speed? Eclipse 

Need a vehicle for storage but isnt a truck? Clown van it is

If you are planning on breaking the law and expecting to get in a chase, plan ahead and use the vehicle for the plan. 

(This isnt staffs opinion, its my own and personal opinion) 

In my opinion this shouldn't be allowed depending on vehicle.. I've never seen a Supra or R35 do the stunt jumps we have in the game, and if they do decide to do one, say goodbye to the suspension and everything else, fine let's move over to a bike for example, well still, if you have a dirtbike of some sort that has realistic off-road capabilities that would be fine by me, but doing it in a Yamaha R1 is again, asking for death, the suspension and especially your entire body will fold like a piece of paper. 

If you have a better idea on how police should stop a vehicle traveling at 120mph+ (193kmh+) then suggest it to them publicly, but from my play time as both civ and police, I legit see no other way other than spike strips which only certain officers can use. 

I use many other tactics to evade police than use alley ways, for example I use the highway, 1. They cant keep up 2. good way to test their reflex dealing with locals. Using alley ways is actually the hardest part, there is a high chance of trapping yourself and if you have NPAS on you, good luck gettin rid of them. 

Onto My Personal Opinion On This Matter: 

I think I can speak for most civs when I say, I like a good chase here and there. But having to change things doesn't balance it out in my opinion, the ability police use with a TC is balanced with the fact that our cars go 3x faster than theirs in all aspects. As of now, in all chases I've been involved in, its a 50% getaway and or a 50% got caught. Police have their tactics to use inorder for them to even have a CHANCE to even catch us. I've driven off road to escape them, but using a vehicle that can actually go offroad, for example, the comet saffari. I buy my cars not for their looks (well I kinda do) but also for their usage and purpose. Ive got a car for almost any scenario.

Got a car for fast offroading? No problem, got the comet saffari

Need a car for extremely fast acceleration and speed? Eclipse 

Need a vehicle for storage but isnt a truck? Clown van it is

If you are planning on breaking the law and expecting to get in a chase, plan ahead and use the vehicle for the plan. 

(This isnt staffs opinion, its my own and personal opinion) 
They're all good points which is why i think cars should be nerfed to an extent, I've expressed this to members of my gang in particular that I HATE how fast certain cars go, especially imports. But excessive force on vehicles that go about 115 max such as an Audi RS5 or the elegy RH8 which I got absaloutely bum rushed by police today, shouldn't really happen.

The thing you mentioned with the bike is already a mechanic in the game, if you fall from certain Heights you fall off the bike and die, I know this from past experiences in the city. I think that should come into play to an extent with the realistic driving because if you do the jump you can still land it but also fall off. Good point with the suspension and stuff like but how would that be implemented since it's extremely difficult to rp suspension and stalling vehicles when there isn't a mechanic already in the game.

Replying to the car and vehicle damage, if landed perfectly (taking into account that you cannot controll your vehicle in the air) you still theoritally could have little to no issues with your car and if you crash it your vehicle would be damaged which would mean your car would almost be totalled but you can still drive it to an extent. But I'm still confused as to your opinion on the matter as a whole I understand that you dont agree with allowing stunt jumps but you gave reason as to why it could be ok? Just me misunderstanding probably, one of the reasons I made this post was to clarify what fail driving really means, would the capabilities of the vehicle give enough reason to hitting a jump through rp. Say if I had a monster truck and jumped off a highway onto a road, the tires would surely make the fall have less of an impact or driving a bike with the mechanics in the game having a chance to fall off allow me to do the jump adding a risk factor. Obviously I'm not here to complain but to clarify as I mentioned. I think that more detail needs to be added on the rules section to this, something like depending on the vehicle and roleplay certain jumps/ driving techniques could be used?

I used to play somewhere where the fail driving rule was way different. Over there fail driving was driving in a way it didn't make any sense. If you didn't have an offroad car, you weren't allowed to drive off road. It didn't make sence for a dodge charger to go up a mountain because of a sanchez they're chasing. I liked this version of fail driving more as now you see in pursuits people instantly going for the hills, fly 50m in the air, crash their car, repair it mid pursuit and drive off again. In the NHS we have a same type of rule at the moment, you're not allowed to drive the ambulance to ridiculous dangerous locations, if you need to be on Mt Chilliad, call helimed or HART, or go on foot.

As for stunt jumps, I personally think it should be seen on a case by case basis. Doing 8 backflips with a jaguar CX-75 flying 20m in the air or yeeting yourself off a parking lot shouldn't be allowed, but doing a small jump that wouldn't be dangerous irl should be allowed. Having the ability to control your vehicle mid flight removed was something I hated as I liked going to the redwood race track and do some off road biking with my sanchez, but since then I can't do that anymore as I'd just die since I can't move my bike mid air anymore. I agree it shouldn't happen with a car, but I hope it comes back for bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back