What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Fake Plates & Vin Scratch/Chop shop

crazedwolf1

Unlinked
Please refer back to the entire post for more reference:

Fake Plates

Would be a great way to evade the police but comes with the consequence of a huge fine/ scrapping or a long impound time. This could also be given to a whitelisted gang like Cutlass/Ballas and be great for RP situations.

Vin Scratch/Chop shop

As per the previous suggestion Fake plates, it would be nice to own vehicles that didn't come back to anybody. It is a sure way to find someone's information by running their plates and then if fake plates became a feature running their vin it would be a nice feature if you could remove that vin. This could be balanced by having the vin removed means insta scrapping of the vehicle.

not a bad idea, but id be fully opposed to hiding it behind gang WL 

Solid idea, I think the fake plates themselves would be good to not hide behind gangs or groups, but more people it'd make sense to do that kinda thing, potentially racing teams? Give racers some more RP for sure.

The vin scratching, I think should come with some form of boosting activity so it can be controlled and not made too overpowered along side it, otherwise it doesnt make much sense, stealing other players cars would be fucked, and stealing locals could be OP as there are spots you can almost guarantee a free super car.

not a bad idea, but id be fully opposed to hiding it behind gang WL 
With the WL gangs, it was more to guarantee an avenue to have some actual RP rather than speak to someone local to do it for you. What would you think of maybe one of the mechanic places?

how do the fake plates work.

Is it just a random local plate

Do you make plate yourself thus if you know a plate. Able to clone someone else etc.

- If cloned does pnc show that plate when scanned as original car and colour to catch clone plate out

how do the fake plates work.
I envisioned that a fake plate would go on top of or replace the existing plate with a local plate so a vehicle couldn't be instantly identified by police.

If the car were then stopped and found with fake plates that would result in a hefty fine and/or points on the car. This would be done by checking the VIN of the vehicle on the roadside.

Leading on from that if the VIN had been scratched off that would lead to the vehicle being immediately scrapped.

Do you make plate yourself thus if you know a plate. Able to clone someone else etc.
For this, I originally thought a WL gang like ballas would be perfect for the job as they have their car wash but I think also mechanic shops like flywheels could do this so at least it involves some RP rather than going up to a local to do the job for you.  

Solid idea, I think the fake plates themselves would be good to not hide behind gangs or groups, but more people it'd make sense to do that kinda thing, potentially racing teams? Give racers some more RP for sure.

The vin scratching, I think should come with some form of boosting activity so it can be controlled and not made too overpowered along side it, otherwise it doesnt make much sense, stealing other players cars would be fucked, and stealing locals could be OP as there are spots you can almost guarantee a free super car
In terms of balancing it, I agree with you that you can't just pick a local car off the street to vin scratch but through a tablet where vehicles are listed and populated to be stolen and vin scratched. Building a reputation would then be perfect for scaling to get better cars.

I think this will also give a huge improvement, as you say, to the racing scene let alone for criminal use.

Most of the balancing for the police can then be brought in via fines and sentences.

Back