What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Fear RP

Joshua

Unlinked
Having been here since Early 2020, having been various roles in the server, Gang leader, Police Command etc.

I personally feel people don't roleplay as their characters and how their character would act when faced with hostility enough.

For example, even the most hardened of Gang Leaders/seniors/members, who have ordered people to their grave and ruined civs lives with thousands of bags of cocaine should fear the police coming to bust their operation down at ANY moment. 

Meaning they shouldn't be rocking up in public places in their full gang attires, they shouldn't be mosing around the main populus areas even if they don't have a warrant, their CHARACTER should be worried that the feds might come and shut them down at any moment. They are criminal bosses who head up massive criminal enterprises, they should be hiding in the shadows, not seen by the public for atleast days at a time.

Equally, the beat cops, should be worried about going into gang areas late at night, fearing they might get some rocks thrown at their patrol cars, nothing to serious, but serious bits enough to have their CHARACTERS abit shook up.

Fear your 'enemy' more.

I have no idea how this can be worded, and I am aware there is a common sense rule for this reason, but people dont follow common sense here.

Aware its a game, and people wont agree with the above, but hey, 4 Character slots to do whatever you like with, use your slots to fill different niches and roles.

+1 I do agree. I'm not 100% sure on the current system with gangs being lifed off in Prison or extreme sentences like 20k months but maybe its something that needs to be looked at. Just seems like someone gets 1k months, they dont login for a few days and they're out. Needs to be more punishment for crime. If you do the crime and get caught, you should do the time.

(This is just my opinion. I do not have a police char, just a crim char)

Both gangs and police need to do this more. Gangs don't really seem to fear the police in rp when they should, and neither do police, especially since the nerf to robbing them.

Needs working on by both sides, mentality change needed for sure.

I dont even think you need to catagorise it to be honest. More common sense and immersed roleplay with people putting the lives and thoughts of their characters first.

For example if 20 heavily armed police are raiding a gang turf of 15 members, those people should all be coming out with their hands up.

similarly a patrol car of 3/4 officers should not be pulling up onto a busy gang turf to enforce a warrant or arrest an OCG member for drug dealing.

common sense roleplay.

Bedroom armour, keyboard sword. There wont ever be fear of any kind naturally in pc gaming, its anathema to it. To make something really look like fear youve got to trust the person you are RPing with not to fuck you over and take advantage of you for consenting to their RP. This doesnt happen here. Too much ego because people assume that if they show weakness they will be exploited. 

Case in point, street robberies. People do them to  save themselves time and screw someone else over. Less grind for me, i benefit from you. The only thing stopping them popping off is the rules system, nothing to do with fear. The fight or flight instinct kicks in and most people naturally want to fight. 

If you can change that mentality and incentivise people more to behave in a more mature way and let scenarios play out more naturally and akin to real life then I think you/we will see more progressive and deeper RP storylines. Right now everyone wants to be the big dick and nobody wants to capitulate. I count myself in that list, for reasons above. 

Death/downed should have more of an impact for all of us, i think that could solve alot but then again, we do have alot of trolls coming in so i dont know what a good middle ground would be.

I said it since the start of when I started playing, When I'm downed or such ill stay down as long as possible and play with the fact now I'm not perfect at it (never been shot or stabbed IRL thank god) But as for people running at police and stabbing a police officer and then walking into PD 5 minutes later and paying tickets off like nothing happened is kind of funny just me trying to comprehend obviously we have to pay them in game but at least, stay away from them for a certain length of time and go into hiding per say, Or even they fact of shooting a police officer and going around like nothing happened is amazing to me and then doing 10 minutes later again, not just a police officer anyone really, obviously not everyone is perfect and can role-play to a max quality at all times, but it is suppose to be serious RP after all.

I agree but it's hard to go from one extreme to another. You cant expect to value your life to the extent you would in real life. Although that would look kinda cool in RP - like a hardcore version of rp, I've tried this at times but people are in a rush, doing their thing, very rarely do I see genuine fear being acted out all the way. I see good roleplay a lot, fear, and people enjoying both sides of it, but it usually is accompanied by a touch of sarcasm/humor which is fine I guess.

Back