What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Firearm Licensing & Certificates for Clubs and Hunters

DezertUK

Brief Summary:

Following is a suggestion on ways we can expand the use of firearms as a legal form of RP. Through Firearm licensing and certificates e.g Shotgun Certificates.

Detailed Suggestion:

With the current rules, hunting rifles are not permitted to be transported or used in certain areas. One of those area would be the shooting range which is not being utilised by the public. My suggestion is to introduce a system where experienced hunters or other experienced individuals, like off duty officers, could put in requests for Firearm licences and or certificates to the police or similar.

These individuals could then be permitted to use these firearms for hunting or as part of a shooting club which could run at the shooting range in ammunation.

Suggestion would be that the firearms would be still restricted:

• Semi Automatic Rifles
  • Shotguns
  • Revolvers

I created a small chart as an example process, I think this would create a quite a rewarding and limiting factor as it wouldn't be a straight forward process, like in real life.

Process.png

The Pros:

• New RP opportunities through clubs and communities
  • More variation for hunters
  • More realism when hunting, e.g. Flying bird shooting using shotguns instead of rifles (Danger of killing some with high-powered rifle)

The Cons:

• This could introduce more gun shots being fired in the city. Not ideal for the police if they think there is a shoot out (Rules around mag dumping could be introduced)

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Shouldn't affect it, unless they would be used illegally. However, the process would probably detract most criminal, if they didn't get caught out by the police checks.

+1, Fairly realistic process, not something I thought I'd ever be agreeing with however great suggestion and makes sense.

tbf, doesn't really need a dev thing, could be all sorted within RP 😉

bring it up to people, and go from there, who knows

the thing you'll need is a note on your PNC that you're allowed certain weapons for certain stuff and that's it

I like the idea of expanding the firearms side. However I would be weary of what firearms are allowed we don’t want this to be the US. In the UK a semi automatic rifle unless it is in a 22 variant is classified as a s5 firearm therefore very illegal except for in a few niche circumstances. Same stands for pistols however one way around this is what’s called black powder pistols these take time to reload so as long as the revolver could be tweaked to not zap someone 6 times in a second. The idea of shotguns. With regards to hunting possibly it would be nice to expand this into the way that you buy the rifle off the park rangers and you store it at your house. Rangers will do routine checks of your house to make sure it’s up to standard. You can’t carry your rifle in a public place the only exemption is when you are travelling to and from where your shooting it. In this case it must be kept in the car not on your person. I really like the idea of expanding firearms as it’s an awesome sport to get into however on the server we just need to be careful not to turn it into America where someone can own a support weapon for “self defence”

tldr; like the idea, need to be careful we don’t turn into an American server. Maybe tweak the weapons that do get implemented to not turn them in to massacre machines

tbf, doesn't really need a dev thing, could be all sorted within RP 😉

bring it up to people, and go from there, who knows

the thing you'll need is a note on your PNC that you're allowed certain weapons for certain stuff and that's it
Obviously, I'm not part of the development team, so I can't say anything in that regard. But after having a few chats about it in the city. There would be an issue with locals reporting it, so atm, it's a no-go. So maybe some tweaking might be needed?

Back