What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

First Person Petition

CreatorChris

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
I want to create a petition to keep it First Person. I feel it creates a better RP experience for everyone as it gives the real life effect. Yes gun fights will be a lot harder but 3rd person someone over a wall is not real. if anyone Agrees that this should be kept please leave a comment. Hopefully this doesn't cause drama.

I agree with the realism factor, but what you still need to remember is this is still a game and is ARMA 3, turning it to full time first person will reduce the player base dramatically, because it changes the way you play the game, you will get more people coming to the server because it is first person, but you will lose a lot more than you gain because of it.

It would be amazing to have server 2 be set as 1st person only for a week, so we can compare who prefers what. It creates a fairer game where things like gunfights aren't all about who knows how to abuse 3rd person the most (cos it happens a lot)

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be amazing to have server 2 be set as 1st person only for a week, so we can compare who prefers what. It creates a fairer game where things like gunfights aren't all about who knows how to about 3rd person the most (cos it happens a lot)
Please! I'd love to try playing only in first person. Maybe add third person for driving too... if possible. 

Maybe add third person driving
Once you get used to 1st person, it's actually a lot more fun IMO. But they need to remove that wall next to Kavala square, it blocks all view to the right when pulling out.

I for some reason get better frames when in third person, but I look at it from the stand point It would not be the same for me so I don't know if in all honesty I would stick around if it was full time first person.

+1 Best thing that ever happenend, now i can put my 1400 hours in ArmA to good use, instead of noobs looking trough walls in 3rd person.

+1 Best thing that ever happenend, now i can put my 1400 hours in ArmA to good use, instead of noobs looking trough walls in 3rd person.
3rd person makes combat very unfair and you can really abuse it.

3rd person makes combat very unfair and you can really abuse it.
How do you mean abuse it? obviously you can see things that your character realistically couldn't see, but that's hardly abusing as this is a game and third person was put in it intentionally. And since both sides can use it in a combat situation i don't see how it's unfair. It's completely unrealistic though i get that.

Maybe add third person driving
Once you get used to 1st person, it's actually a lot more fun IMO. But they need to remove that wall next to Kavala square, it blocks all view to the right when pulling out.

It's very hard to explain without a whole article of text why 3rd person can be abused so much, but it can. It gives campers a huge advantage, and in my opinion completely ruins combat all together.

How do you mean abuse it? obviously you can see things that your character realistically couldn't see, but that's hardly abusing as this is a game and third person was put in it intentionally. And since both sides can use it in a combat situation i don't see how it's unfair. It's completely unrealistic though i get that.
Abuse it? Like lay under a window and when someone comes past you stand up and blast them. That's the kind of stuff I would class as abuse. What really gets me is when people in the HM for example wait in a room for you to come down the hall. You can't see them but they can see you through 3rd person.

3rd person can be good for roleplay, driving, and videos sure, but it dosen't outweigh the abuse potential in a combat situation. 

With third person you can glitch so walls, and thats only one example.

Its a no from me , have also heard other servers tried it and bad so many complaining they had to change it back.

How ever i do understand why you would like to , but it will change the play style of everyone and many people will leave and go else where.

Abuse it? Like lay under a window and when someone comes past you stand up and blast them. That's the kind of stuff I would class as abuse. What really gets me is when people in the HM for example wait in a room for you to come down the hall. You can't see them but they can see you through 3rd person.

3rd person can be good for roleplay, driving, and videos sure, but it dosen't outweigh the abuse potential in a combat situation. 
You complain but I can 100% guarantee you do the same and third person the windows and hallways yourself.

You complain but I can 100% guarantee you do the same and third person the windows and hallways yourself.
Of course I do, everyone does. If you don't then you're not going to be able to compete in a fight. I'm just saying I would like to see it stop. This server is all about being serious and "realistic" but we have third person....

Of course I do, everyone does. If you don't then you're not going to be able to compete in a fight. I'm just saying I would like to see it stop. This server is all about being serious and "realistic" but we have third person....
Fair enough im all up for being realistic but trust me if they made it first person everyone would be begging for third back, its just not practical in a game like arma.

Back