What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Fish & Chips - A significant cultural meal in the UK missing from RPUK

Brillheim Evernwhirl

Introduction:
We take pride in our server's distinctive UK theme, but a crucial element has been conspicuously absent from our virtual world - the beloved Fish & Chips. It's high time we rectify this omission and infuse our community with the authentic taste of Britain. I enthusiastically propose the introduction of several custom food items that will allow our players to create and savour a variety of typical Fish & Chip shop menu offerings.

Crafting Batter:
To kickstart this culinary adventure, we'll establish a new crafting system for Batter, a fundamental component of many of the delectable dishes we envision. Players can craft Batter by skilfully combining Milk Powder and Water, with each batch yielding enough batter for approximately 20 to 30 battered items.

Battered Cod:
We'll introduce Battered Cod as a new item, crafted by skilfully combining Prepared Cod and Batter. To lend an air of authenticity and immersion, players should first "clean" the Cod in a manner reminiscent of skinning animals for leather. This approach will elevate the preparation process, making it engaging and lifelike.

Battered Sausage:
Adding Battered Sausage to our menu is the next logical step, achieved by expertly combining Sausage and Batter. This quintessential British dish will provide players with yet another mouth watering option to relish.

Potato Farming:
In our quest to replicate the Fish & Chips experience, we'll implement a potato farming mechanic akin to our existing fruit farming system. Players can harvest potatoes from a potato field, which should be washed similarly to how fruit ripens. These pristine potatoes will serve as the cornerstone for crafting Chips.
tMXBbF2.jpg

Crafting Chips:
Players will have the delightful opportunity to craft Chips using freshly harvested and washed potatoes. This culinary addition will complete the Fish & Chips experience and allow players to savour the iconic combination.

Cooking Mechanics:
To prepare these delectable dishes, players will need access to specialized equipment, such as a Deep Fat Fryer for industrial level cooking or regular cooker to cook on a smaller scale. This approach ensures that the cooking process remains realistic and immersive.

Will these changes disrupt the server's balance?
I believe not. These additions will expand the repertoire of food options for players to maintain their food levels and may diversify gameplay without drastically altering the existing Smoothie Meta, as Smoothies provide both food and water from a single item.

CONTROVERSIAL SUGGESTION BELOW

Food Spoilage Mechanism:
To deepen the server's economy and roleplay experience, I propose the incorporation of a food spoilage mechanism. All player-crafted foods should possess a consumption timer, with items turning unsavoury after a day or two, contingent on the product. Consuming spoiled food could result in a temporary "de-buff" for the player, necessitating treatment from a chemist or medical professional. This innovation adds a layer of realism and encourages players to actively participate in the server's economy by consistently producing and selling fresh food items.

Will this shift the server's balance?

Undoubtedly, but in my view, for the better. This suggestion discourages shops from merely stocking high-demand items, like smoothies or any of the aforementioned suggestions, and encourages active engagement. Shop owners will need to regularly produce various food types to offer their customers the longest possible shelf life, promoting a more dynamic and interactive in-game economy.

By embracing these suggestions, we can elevate our server's immersive roleplay experience and bring an authentic taste of the UK to our community. The introduction of Fish & Chips, coupled with the crafting system for other food items, is certain to enrich gameplay and cultivate a more engaging virtual world. Let's bring this culinary journey to life!

+1 Going into a chippy, or any of the other food establishements will create more RP, there is no RP in going buying 100 smoothies once a month,  Also the idea of spoilage will encourage people into these RP situations, it can make food areas into places of interatction.

+1 and remember they said this for the big update!

Q7: "What's next in the criminal update after this?"

A7: We don't want to spoil all the surprises, but we still have the food update, groups and territories update, and more exciting features to come. Stay tuned for what's in store!

Last edited by a moderator:
great suggestion and the systems for gathering/crafting the ingredients are exactly the type of thing the server needs

+1

You know my stance on this 🙂
I'd love to have more food items imported and make each place special and have their own thing, to enhance the RP of going to different places for a different meal 🙂

+1 

Pete Picklewinks loves a chippy tea, so I'd whole heartedly +1 this.

Unfortunately though, I'm still campaigning for cups of tea to be added, it's been a 2 year battle and not a single teabag has made it past customs. Fuming.

Tea would also be a nice addition, currently we only have coffee and Christmas Tea

Someone advertised "TEA" on the market place, which got me excited; I proceeded to order 400 units worth of "TEA" and met up with the guy who was acting very sketchy...

he gives me a sample and it was weed T.T causing me to meltdown at the geezer over the term "TEA". From a CIV POV ;-; I didn't know it was code word for weed 😧

Back