What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Fishing Reel Activity

Hepps

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Brief Summary:

Replace the fishing reel from the tiny writing at the bottom left of the screen saying  "you have a fish press 7" or words similar

Detailed Suggestion:

Replace with a notification to indicate there is a bite on the reel, then the numbered circle commonly used throughout other activities in the city like using a repair kit.  If this is accepted please increase the amount of time to react to a catch also - IMO this is a social part of the city and should be nice and chilled. 

The Pros:

Alot easier to see and interact with.

By having 1-3 numbers in sequence it brings a small bit of realism in that some fish you can just whip out the water or it falls off the hook 🙂

The Cons:

A little bit of dev work.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No

Last edited by a moderator:
The number wheel gets really bad sometimes, feel like it would make fishing more difficult. Maybe a decent little mini game instead. ✌

The number wheel gets really bad sometimes, feel like it would make fishing more difficult. Maybe a decent little mini game instead. ✌
I don't find repairing vehicles difficult in the city, however smelting (and potentially others) you need ninja fingers.  But even missing one it just takes you longer to 'reel' it in?  In this idea you never lose the fish, it's just a more interactive way to get it in.

I think keeping it consisting with the other activities will require less dev work 🙂

In this idea you never lose the fish, it's just a more interactive way to get it in.
If there is no chance to loose the fish (only requires longer to catch it) i can see it being abused and AFK farmed.

If there is no chance to loose the fish (only requires longer to catch it) i can see it being abused and AFK farmed.
Good point mate, so you need to get atleast one number right?  That would stop the AFK risk.

You could use a progress bar - which takes longer the less numbers you get, same fish cool down period applies.  The more numbers you get the faster you reel in, meaning you get to the next fish faster.

Like I get where you are coming from. I personally agree that fishing needs a make-over. Just anything but the number wheel, as in certain areas or at certain times the city spikes causing things to slow down or lag. I'm all for something more than a number in the bottom left, even if it's something as simple as repeatedly hitting numbers depending on strength of said fish.

However the fact there are not many breeds of fish in the oceans of the city coastline, I can't see even my idea working to be honest. Like, I support this idea, I can not stress that part enough. 

Fishing needs a rework overall tbh, but this little change is nice, I do enjoy fishing with friends as a chill hang out and chat thing to do but it's really annoying using the numpad, turns me off from actually doing it, having the interactive wheel like you use to repair things or ziptie etc etc would be nice, so I give this a +1 

Back