What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Fishing Store - Lack of Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin Forester

Brief Summary:

As the owner of the fishing store myself and my staff are very very limited to as and when we can buy in fishing supply's

Detailed Suggestion:

For the last couple of days I have not been able to obtain any fish or turtle bait for the store. I get constantly complained at by the fisherman that there is no stock and I inform them that we can only get it in as and when it becomes available in the warehouses.

To my understanding the general store restocks per restart for general goods but it does not stock fishing rods, fishing bait or turtle bait.

I understand that people don't want everyone to be fishing 24/7 and making too much money but having no bait at all for nearly 2 days is a bit wrong in my opinion.

I would suggest even if it was possible to get 250 of each and rods would be something, that would go in the first hour or so and then force people to do other jobs which I don't think is unreasonable.

At the moment the shop relys on having stoxk to make money as we don't get any money from people selling the fish. Myself and my staff have worked tirelessly to balance the economy and adjust are prices to be fair.

I know that this is still very new and subject to change but currently we are struggling to keep everyone happy.

I appreciate your time, thank you

Collin Forester 

The Pros:

. Make bait available for the fisherman so they can carry out thier job role effectively

. Police cant catch people fishing illegal turtles if they don't have the bait in the first place

. Increase reasons for maritime police units to he used 

. Keep the fishing economy growing 

The Cons:

. People could maybe bulk buy in store as there is limited quantity but this can be addressed 

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

no I don't belive so 

I do agree you need more stock as it's a very popular job, but I like the idea that some days you don't have any as it forces people to do other jobs until you have stock back in. 

My question. If it was not currently the most profitable way of making money quickly. Would your demand be so high?

I would assume not which to me seems like a balancing issue more so than a "please give me more stock so that everyone on the server can fish and make the most money possible"

Just the same as how the trucking was so busy when that was the go to money maker. Just like food deliveries when that was the go too. 

I would say no to more stock. Yes to better balance. Thats why i will downvote this. 

I do agree you need more stock as it's a very popular job, but I like the idea that some days you don't have any as it forces people to do other jobs until you have stock back in. 
I'll the store made 5% of fish sales it would be reasonable, every grocery store is constantly turning over while these days when we don't have stoxk we will be dry.

I'll the store made 5% of fish sales it would be reasonable, every grocery store is constantly turning over while these days when we don't have stoxk we will be dry.
That's due to a lucky injection of stock the same time you got a big haul, without that we we're fighting for 100 repair kits per restart and it was Rough, hopefully your stock gets boosted to keep you afloat. 

My question. If it was not currently the most profitable way of making money quickly. Would your demand be so high?

I would assume not which to me seems like a balancing issue more so than a "please give me more stock so that everyone on the server can fish and make the most money possible"

Just the same as how the trucking was so busy when that was the go to money maker. Just like food deliveries when that was the go too. 

I would say no to more stock. Yes to better balance. Thats why i will downvote this. 
I'm 100% with you on this, if the money wasn't so good the demand would be a lot lower. If you had this & trucking as the same money though trucking would be more popular just down to not having to buy a boat. So there's definitely some balancing to do to keep all of the jobs viable. 

What the fish sell for is out of my controll, thats a dev assigned value. And even if people don't buy any bait they are still making 45k a boat.

What the fish sell for is out of my controll, thats a dev assigned value. And even if people don't buy any bait they are still making 45k a boat.
With this specific thing, I'd probably say make normal fishing unable to be done unless you have feathers or some sort of other bait in order to fish at all. 

Make it so that it all has to come through you, but make regular fishing bait like 10/15k of whatever bait is needed every 2 days? I'm not sure of how much people actually fish so i don't know if this would be a viable thing to do... It's just throwing out ideas. 

Last edited by a moderator:
With this specific thing, I'd probably say make normal fishing unable to be done unless you have feathers or some sort of other bait in order to fish at all. 
Hence the catch 22 situation I find myself in. If you could only fish with bait I would need a constant supply of it otherwise we are back to square 1.

Yes I understand someday there may be none available to make people do other things but not no stock for 3 days straight, seems people are just trying to keep it down as its profitable.

Hence the catch 22 situation I find myself in. If you could only fish with bait I would need a constant supply of it otherwise we are back to square 1.

Yes I understand someday there may be none available to make people do other things but not no stock for 3 days straight, seems people are just trying to keep it down as its profitable.
I edited my above comment but i'm not sure you'll have seen it so ill re-paste it here. Make it so that it all has to come through you, but make regular fishing bait like 10/15k of whatever bait is needed every 2 days? I'm not sure of how much people actually fish so i don't know if this would be a viable thing to do... It's just throwing out ideas. 

I edited my above comment but i'm not sure you'll have seen it so ill re-paste it here. Make it so that it all has to come through you, but make regular fishing bait like 10/15k of whatever bait is needed every 2 days? I'm not sure of how much people actually fish so i don't know if this would be a viable thing to do... It's just throwing out ideas. 
Yes makes sense, but in my opinion if you do it for one you do it for all to be fair. 

You wouldn't find a grocery store without stock for 2 days straight? So why should the fish store be any different?.

If they are that concerned about the money farm make fish 250 not 320, which still is roughly 33k ish for a full boat and pockets 

Yes makes sense, but in my opinion if you do it for one you do it for all to be fair. 

You wouldn't find a grocery store without stock for 2 days straight? So why should the fish store be any different?.

If they are that concerned about the money farm make fish 250 not 320, which still is roughly 33k ish for a full boat and pockets 
I haven't got a delivery for any shop I have anything to do with for about 3 days now. Luckily i managed to buy stock when the mass injection of stock happened to cover me with repair kits and some food. 

Brief Summary:

As the owner of the fishing store myself and my staff are very very limited to as and when we can buy in fishing supply's

Detailed Suggestion:

For the last couple of days I have not been able to obtain any fish or turtle bait for the store. I get constantly complained at by the fisherman that there is no stock and I inform them that we can only get it in as and when it becomes available in the warehouses.

To my understanding the general store restocks per restart for general goods but it does not stock fishing rods, fishing bait or turtle bait.

I understand that people don't want everyone to be fishing 24/7 and making too much money but having no bait at all for nearly 2 days is a bit wrong in my opinion.

I would suggest even if it was possible to get 250 of each and rods would be something, that would go in the first hour or so and then force people to do other jobs which I don't think is unreasonable.

At the moment the shop relys on having stoxk to make money as we don't get any money from people selling the fish. Myself and my staff have worked tirelessly to balance the economy and adjust are prices to be fair.

I know that this is still very new and subject to change but currently we are struggling to keep everyone happy.

I appreciate your time, thank you

Collin Forester 

The Pros:

. Make bait available for the fisherman so they can carry out thier job role effectively

. Police cant catch people fishing illegal turtles if they don't have the bait in the first place

. Increase reasons for maritime police units to he used 

. Keep the fishing economy growing 

The Cons:

. People could maybe bulk buy in store as there is limited quantity but this can be addressed 

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

no I don't belive so 
If you had to give a number each day how much of each item could you sell?

Twice as much fish bait as turtle bait, but easily 1000 fish and 500 turtle as well as 250 rods at minimum but probably more.

If we are talking a full day from 1am till midnight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trucking is still very viable, just the depot was so chaotic it left a foul taste in everyones mouth.

In the same sense its very hard to come across mining drills also, or it was last time I tried getting one. I wouldn't say mining is unbalanced, its a lot of graft. Just a lot of people needed the drills.

Are there buying limits to the fishing shop? I saw a lot of bait for sale in the city, which kind of points to people bulk buying out all the stocks.

Trucking is still very viable, just the depot was so chaotic it left a foul taste in everyones mouth.

In the same sense its very hard to come across mining drills also, or it was last time I tried getting one. I wouldn't say mining is unbalanced, its a lot of graft. Just a lot of people needed the drills.

Are there buying limits to the fishing shop? I saw a lot of bait for sale in the city, which kind of points to people bulk buying out all the stocks.
Staff have informed me that my shop is the only one tagged with fishing goods, meaning that the option to buy stock should only come up for me and nobody else.

If that is the case it would be bad as we struggle to get stoxk in in the first place. There is no limit to the amount we can buy its just a matter of how much is available  which at the moment is little to none unfortunately.

This should not be an issue due to actions taken back then and now a player owned warehouse in testing to see how it would change the dynamic in terms of the economy.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back