What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Fishing Tweaks

vSolarian

Fishing

I think fishing is one of the best ways to interact with others while doing a legal job, you get to meet people while you're at a fishing pool, while you go to the fishing store to sell your fish but you can also have people who rob fishermen.

However, I've recently got back into the city after close to 10 months and noticed that there is barely anyone at the fishing store, fishing pools or on boats.
I think one big part of it is because I've noticed that it's very hard to do fishing without paying full attention to looking at a notification because by the time you have looked at the message, scanned for the number and looked down on your keyboard or even muscle memorize the numbers on your numpad, the fish has already got free.

Here is where my suggestion comes in: A leveling system for fishing, similar to what recently got added to the Taxi Job.
Have around 3 Levels, 1 less level than Taxi, Mechanic or Hunting but fishing would require loads more EXP than the other 3 jobs simply because you catch fish way faster than if you were to do a taxi or mechanic job.

The 1st idea would be to unlock fish whenever you hit a certain fishing level for example:

Level 0-0.99: Trout, Roach, Salmon, Seabass, Cod, Mackerel and Carp
Level 1-2.99.: Crabs, Turtles and Stingrays
level 3 (maxed out Fishing): Sharks

With this I've also read some other idea's, in this case from @Stumpy - Nick Sharp (In this thread: https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/138875-make-fishing-great-again/#comment-793374 )
He suggested that from scaling your fishing level, you would start of fishing from the beach, and slowly make your way deeper in to the sea making it so people would be forced to buy a boat in order to progress further in fishing.

My 2nd idea would be to decrease fish catch time the higher you get in fishing but at the same time increase rarity of the fish you get, making it more valuable to level up.

For example:

Level 0-0.99: no decrease in fishing time or time to respond to the notification.
Level 1-2.99: 20% decrease in fishing time and time to respond to the notification , more chances on turtles, crabs, stingrays, etc.
Level 3: 50% decrease in fishing time and time to respond to the notification, small chance to get sharks without bait, get turtles more frequently with bait

I know people might think it's just to make money while sitting back braindead while fishing, but that is the exact same with selling drugs and taxi jobs at the moment and the fishing used to be the exact opposite.

If fishing were to return to it's old state there used to always be people in the pools and no one was really sitting there not talking.
The best casual talks I had back in the day was just sitting around fishing while being surrounded by 10 other boats, when the police turned up everyone would just help each other out and it was just really fun.

These are some things I just came up with and I'm 100% sure there is some other more creative people who could come up with better idea's or refine the ones I already mentioned so please do give constructive criticism.

The leveling part sounds nice like having to learn to fish to catch more fancy and expensive fish that I would +1 also gives more reason to actually go and buy boats other than just to get to and from the island

The 2nd part was changed for a reason, to stop people auto fishing/cheating and throwing the economy into a mess like 500+ sharks a week mess so -1 on the second part

I think fishing is one of the best ways to interact with others while doing a legal job
Back before it got tweaked you would have people fishing all day with friends, people genuinely interacted and had fun (at-least how I remember it)

I like the idea of the higher the level the more frequent you'll get the prompt to fish however as Samuel stated it was changed due to people auto-fishing and then becoming millionaires after a few weeks on the server.

I would love to see fishing revamped or buffed a bit so +1!

Back