What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

FiveM Command to Reset UI

Jason

Brief Summary:

'resetui' command for F8 menu

Detailed Suggestion:

So it's nice to have the UI reset option on the F1 key, however a lot of the UI issues mean you cannot actually get to it. 

I'm not sure how good the UI reset function is in fixing all the UI faults, but is it possible to have it under a text command? The F8 console and it's respective keyinput sits on a different layer to other keyinput so isn't blocked by other UI's when they break. This means you could type 'resetui' in the console window and it would run the same command to reset it.

This would mean less people having to reconnect or relog when they have no other option.

The Pros:

Less reconnecting for people who get stuck.

Ensures anyone roleplaying can remain in the scenario/game with a quick fix.

The Cons:

Unsure if this creates any issues with any other scripts that maybe limited by restraints etc?

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Cannot see why it would

There is already the 'turnnuioff' command (courtesy of @Archie) which serves a smilar, but not entirely the same, purpose - give it a go and see if it fixes your issues

You can use "playermenu" to get to the F1 menu if you are having issues with the F1 key opening the menu due to UI issues

These pieces of magic need to be on the Wiki, as I had no clue about any of them. Unless I've had an oversight on something significant I should know already.

I only found out about it a couple days back, the amount of relogs it could have saved me if it was on the wiki is unreal 🤣

I'll see what I cna do for wiki page based around F1 menu and alternatives

Some other commands page would be good (givekey etc). I have asked to join the Wiki team to contribute some stuff to help out. Not sure if any new staff are required though.

I'll see what I cna do for wiki page based around F1 menu and alternatives

Last edited by a moderator:
Some other commands page would be good (givekey etc). I have asked to join the Wiki team to contribute some stuff to help out. Not sure if any new staff are required though.
well I've put it through and we have a list of commands to put somewhere if you have anymore feel free to message me on discord I'll pm name or I'm sure you can find me somewhere in discord

Back