What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Fog - Realistic or Ridiculous?

Crumbs

This is absolutely horrendous... How are we supposed to RP with people when we can't even see them? I get that it's realistic and 'immersive' however the amount of crashed cars and dead people I have seen today due to no vision is too damn high! Can the gods not have mercy on our eyes and give us good weather? 

027765c679ea3bfde3034e7f26f6a98d.jpg

Honestly I love the look and the ambient feel of the fog, specially during the mornings. It makes me relax.

I really like the fog, however some times it becomes too much. Most of the time it just looks very cool

We will tone it down... but for anyone thinking we did this... no! this is default Arma and how the developers intended....

Actually I prefer the current weather system and the fog stay as is. Because it gives realistic reasons for car accidents and makes for really fun encounters.

It is also realistic, if you've never seen thick fog, you live in a dry place....

I hope we get rain and storms too, it would get boring real fast if it was just sunny weather all the time.

Beware in the fog you do not know what is out there! welcome to Tanoa.

tDCl6gc.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And then we are good for a horror movie based on Tanoa!  maybe Halloween event? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the new weather, the different conditions makes it so you have to think about how you want to go about x situation instead of bumping up the view distance and always seeing everything.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It is also realistic, if you've never seen thick fog, you live in a dry place....
I'm aware that this is the case however this is a Roleplay server and not real life. You can't RP with people that you can't see and I don't want to spend 3/4 hours of my life a day running around in thick fog (which is how long is stuck around for yesterday) searching for people to RP with.

Last edited by a moderator:
It actually got a lot worse. I think the fog was actually glitched at some point, every 2 mins or so, it would clear for 1-2 seconds and then instantly return to fog like this. 

20160721033436_1.jpg

Tbh, it's a pain in the ass but recently I've been in fog exactly like this IRL. It's honestly terrifying, makes you feel like you're in Silent Hill.

I will admit ... On my patrol the other day I nearly shot a civilian who decided to run straight at me from the forest when I was on patrol in the middle of the island, away from any settlements. I jumped out of my skin, it definitely hinders RP to an extent but also provides some interesting jump scares in RP 

Back