What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

forced whisper arround hospital's and Police stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daanv

Professional Stunt Driver
Staff Team
Los Santos NHS
My suggestion is rather simple,

make it so that the entire hospital and police station's are whisper only zones.

But Why:

I am both a medic and a Police officer and i tent to do bigger RP scene's or to have more extended conversations.

However everytime that im trying to RP someone in the building decides to go on shout or even normal mode.

This stops me from being able to hear my patient or suspect and forces me to walk upstairs and ask everyone to go and wisper.

5 out of 10 times most people nicely change to wisper and on other moment people just keep on going.

Pro's 

• My eardrums stay intact
  • i can hear who im talking to
  • Better Roleplay experience for those involved

Con's

• requires dev time
  • forces cops to get closer to someone who for instance has a weapon in hospital

A fix for this ^ could be adding a Megaphone that allows a player to shout eventough its a whisperzone

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be amazing overall as half of the time when RPing as a Cop or Medic you have people just shouting and you have to do the same throughout and it does disrupt RP as a whole for everyone involved.  +1

One downside to this is that eg when doing a police briefing, whisper is too quiet. Perhaps an intermediate level between whisper and nomal?

Alternatively, have it so sound is muffled / much quieter through walls etc.?

@Fluqi This would be an amazing option , having sound muffled through walls , dunno how hard it would be to make happen but it would be amazing

Tbh when handcufed you can only whisper aperantly so perhaps as soon as walking through door to hospital would be triger that activates whisper and same for police but you can change it to normal (no shouting inside police building)

+1 however I'd love to have the ability for medics & police to be excluded from this.

Perhaps blocking sound in and out of selected areas might be useful. Could be used to prevent people shouting through interview rooms, court rooms, across buildings etc. 

I definitely agree that the default should be set to whisper

The idea of a megaphone seems good, I’m not sure quite how else you could easily do this tbh

The suggestion of muffling sound through walls etc was being heavily tested before by @Dan Bbut it seemed really really difficult to get the audio occlusion levels right in default GTA buildings, and he said getting it to work in custom MLO’s would be a huge challenge.

Forced whisper is is the best option. I remember the trial of muffled sounds especially when you'd Rob a shop and cops would be yelling outside and you couldn't hear them

I see how this is a needed thing and even may improve most of the RP interactions, it would also cut some like bomb threats inside MRPD

Rejected - Sound Occlusions are now used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back