What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

FPS Drop

DemonPuppy

Guys, my arma 3 tends to drop from around 30 FPS to 2-3 FPS, any idea why?

GTX GeForce 970m

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your processor, that seems to generally be the issue with Arma as it's always been a more Processor intensive game than graphical.

Processor / Ram & more information on when it drops, where you are and what you are doing etc.

i7-5700HQ " 2.70GHz

I am playing arma 3 with my laptop screen and have another screen with a word document and a teamspeak on.

I have 16 GB ram. I was at the Kavala Castle near the Police station walking up there and then suddenly the fps just dropped my character is half under ground whilst the vest and hat and the hands are still in the air...

1cb803e6e88097b6747c1dfb0f03f4ab.png

That could be the issue, laptops are notorious for not holding up with a strenuous game such as Arma the heat is a huge downside and improper ventilation kills them extremely quick hence why a Desktops usually last a lot longer.

0-40C = Cold.
50-70C = Typical-ish use, still safe.
70-85C = Heavy use, consider moving to flat surface, elevating, or cooling it.
85+ = Hot! Go take a break.

I'd suggest cleaning out your dust traps and checking to see if your fans might be blocked

I'm not really the tech guy who knows how to do that...
Give it a good blow, or get a can of compressed air :)

Usually for laptops there's one panel on the back that you can take off to get to the main stuff that needs a clean

Ive got another problem..just now I crashed into a lamp post and my arma 3 just crashed..I have to force close it in task manager..any idea why/

Back