What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Fps drops

c4mmm

So I'm getting constant 35-40 fps but every 3-4 mins my game will freeze for around 10-15 seconds and it says 1fps on my fps counter but I can still hear people speaking in game, any recommendations for upgrades to stop this, have a 780 ti and also i7 3820 and 8gb ram, can someone tell me what to upgrade please .

So I'm getting constant 35-40 fps but every 3-4 mins my game will freeze for around 10-15 seconds and it says 1fps on my fps counter but I can still hear people speaking in game, any recommendations for upgrades to stop this, have a 780 ti and also i7 3820 and 8gb ram, can someone tell me what to upgrade please .
What are your graphics options set to in Arma?

Does it only happen on Altis Life server? What if you run around in virtual arsensal for a bit, and a different multipalyer game mode?

Is it only in populated areas or even out in the middle of nowhere?

is arma installed on an SSD or a mechanical Disk?

Do you use any other software the would be competing for CPU/Disk access such as OBS or other screen recording/casting software?

Installed on SSD, happens on every server I'm on with all settings on average even on campaign and does it everywhere on the map. Don't use obs just shadowplay 

is page file deactivated? @lionellovessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss going on about fucking page file...

is it only arma that this happens on? Try your view distance to around 3km

Do you have 2 screens ???

@Samatlewiss Very good suggestion.

if so, use the second one to monitor the process viewer whilst gaming, keep an eye on RAM usage, if you can find one for your GC get a ram usage monitor for that as well

*edit

http://www.ozone3d.net/gpushark/

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be worth disabling any additional hooks into the graphics adapter such as Steam Overlay.

I have the same problem!

runs fine 90% of the time and then on the occasion just crashes down to 8fps.

Doesn't matter what setting I change or how many time I restart.

Usually have to wait a day and then it goes back to 40-50fps.

Very weird 

With 8Gb RAM? I wouldn't disable page file with that...

Though I also wouldn't kill my SSD with page file enabled on there...
its a suggestion as far as  you can "just about" game with 8GB without pagefile, but that means no browsing / video editing / etc, it will also quite quickly show another behavior trait :D 

could even be malware running in the background on a timer.

its a suggestion as far as  you can "just about" game with 8GB without pagefile, but that means no browsing / video editing / etc, it will also quite quickly show another behavior trait :D 

could even be malware running in the background on a timer.
Do you not remember the usage we tested previously? 7.6Gb used total right after logging in, anything else running or even extra textures could put it over 8, I wouldn't even bother with page file until 16Gb tbh.

also depends on your texture settings mind ;) 
stirring.png

I have the same problem!

runs fine 90% of the time and then on the occasion just crashes down to 8fps.

Doesn't matter what setting I change or how many time I restart.

Usually have to wait a day and then it goes back to 40-50fps.

Very weird 
Could be memory leakage, try restarting arma 3 when it happens. How much ram do you have? @david_gemma2164

@lioneljust launched arma right now, going to go on with shadowplay disabled 

@lionelthe game seems to run amazing without shadowplay enabled, i will play a little more then get back to you 

Back