What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

FPS Issues

Billy Jones

Wasn't %100 sure where to put this thread, but Tech Discussion seems like where the people most tuned into these problems would be.

Okay, so I have an i5 4690k, a GTX 970 and 8GB of RAM. I've taken a few months break from Arma and I am experiencing really strange FPS issues. Before I used to be able to play at High settings with 30+ FPS. However ever since I have gotten back on I can hardly get 15fps at LOW settings. I am unsure what to do. I if tab out and tab back in I will be at 40 fps for a few seconds then just instantly drop to 10 fps and stay there.

Does anyone have any ideas?

To be honest you're probably best of trying to play it on high settings with a higher view distance (3k+) and an object drawing distance of roughly half. Try lowering filters quality. Personally I remove all 'blurs'

make sure you have background processes like chrome and shit turned off. Don't use overwolf.

To be honest you're probably best of trying to play it on high settings with a higher view distance (3k+) and an object drawing distance of roughly half. Try lowering filters quality. Personally I remove all 'blurs'

make sure you have background processes like chrome and shit turned off. Don't use overwolf.

Thank you oh so much. I did have overwolf installed, removed it and upped my settings and it appears to be fixed.

UPDATE: This helped temporarily, however a few minutes after my FPS dropped down again to 8-9 everywhere

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE: This helped temporarily, however a few minutes after my FPS dropped down again to 8-9 everywhere
Obligatory fuck you Billy Jones.

Anyway, how does it run in single player? Is it only on the server that you get bad fps?

Also try using the "JEMalloc_bi" memory thingy as well. Thats been known to fix low fps bugs. Hope this helps. 

Obligatory fuck you Billy Jones.

Anyway, how does it run in single player? Is it only on the server that you get bad fps?

Also try using the "JEMalloc_bi" memory thingy as well. Thats been known to fix low fps bugs. Hope this helps. 

I did a fresh install on Arma and I am now getting 30 FPS on Very High settings, for anyone who needs  a quick fix 

Back