What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Further limiting numbers in turf gangs

Joshua

Unlinked
Brief Summary:

Limit the turf gang number cap further, down to a number between 15-20. 

Detailed Suggestion:

I can see this being viewed as very controversial, but hear me out. I believe by limiting the numbers allowed to be in the turf gangs we will drive up the quality of RP that come from the gangs. 

By limiting the numbers, it becomes more competitive to get into these gangs, and only the best gang RPers get to wear their respective colours. 

I appreciate Gangs are the lifeblood of the criminal life, and quite often a route of RP for newer players, but to tie in with Warwick’s suggestion about gangs and weapon production I think that it would be good to have a smaller group of people, producing firearms and having amazing roleplay surrounding this production and sale of these firearms. 

TDLR: Reduce gang numbers —> increase quality of gang RP

The Pros:

potential increase in quality of gang RP

The Cons:

Other players displaced from gangs if cap comes in

gangs less accessible and could be limited to friend groups 

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

Yes —> affects number of gang members 

I just see a huge downside to this. If the gangs/groups are the only certain source or RP, refering to taxi or mechanic jobs being too dependent on needs, this would prevent even more RP on the server (because it could turn toxic), specialy for the newcommers.

Gangs can be more selective, yes. But restricting them to a certain number would have a huge impact on the city, even further how many more turfs would need to exist on the map? because left face it, this restriction would only apply to the "legal" gangs.

Also, increasing the number of gangs would even further increase the number of beefs and fights. This would provoke even more chaos in the city in my opinion, more RP but also more drama.

Last edited by a moderator:
The limit cap of 35 and the number of actual "awake" gang members at any one time are completely different.

Making turf gangs unique in producing different things will add a lot more interactions between gangs, atm turf gangs only interact when allying or beefing, also adds something to lose when a gang declares war on another gang. I don't see the numbers effecting the rp quality but turf gangs are not pushed to roleplay and interact with each other because they all have access to most things, you can see an example of this when u look at turf gangs interactions with the lost vs turf gangs interactions with each other.

Am 50/50 with this suggestion.

On one hand i can agree that lowering gang numbers would help with gang RP as i have notice many gangs going for quantity over quality and with a lowering off gang numbers it could be better in RP sense and control over the RP However on the other hand lowering the gang numbers to 15-20 could cause some issues and lead to an unbalance on the server,

End of the day i can agree with this

Making turf gangs unique in producing different things will add a lot more interactions between gangs, atm turf gangs only interact when allying or beefing, also adds something to lose when a gang declares war on another gang. I don't see the numbers effecting the rp quality but turf gangs are not pushed to roleplay and interact with each other because they all have access to most things, you can see an example of this when u look at turf gangs interactions with the lost vs turf gangs interactions with each other.
Gangs do need to become unique / follow their independent lore and generally improve their RP standards however lowering the number of gang members may just cause issues and not necessary solve the problem.

No pal, even your cons outweigh your pros. If you want more "quality" RP add content for people to RP over. Fuck does limiting gangs even more, gonna do to increase RP? Not all 15 people can be online at the same time. If anything you're gonna kill RP for gangs if they only have half the roster online. You want more RP? Make the gangs specialize in certain things so they can go to each other if they need x things. You want people to stop VR chatting 24/7 and do something interesting? Add more content, also don't know if I mentioned but add more content. 

only the best gang RPers get to wear their respective colours. 
Gotta disagree with this here.

While you might have a more 'competitive roster' for gangs by limiting gang spaces, the want for people to join/create gangs won't disappear.

Instead of having 30 members in Vagos, you'll just have 2 gangs of 15. Instead of having 30 Triad members, you'll have 2/3 more gangs. The number of different gangs would potentially DOUBLE and, before we know it, the server will look like a skittles commercial with all the different gang colours. 

It won't "stop" shit gang RP-ers as they'll just go and create their own gang. All this does is change the dynamics of gangs- most probably worsening the situation.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Marabunta still wouldn't be near the cap 
cover4.jpg

Back